• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Appetizers

Salade de Chevre Chaud at Chefs de France
Dragon Roll for two at Yak & Yeti
Wok fried green beans at Yak & Yeti
Guacamole, salsa, & chips at Big River Grill
Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes at Mama Melrose

It may seem strange to some, but we really love Japanese food... the chicken karaage at Tokyo Dining is the best I've ever had. I dream about it when I'm not at WDW.
Other favorites are:
Cobb salad at Hollywood Brown Derby
Crab, artichoke & lobster dip for 2 at Liberty Tree Tavern
The Bread Service at Sanaa
Smoked Mushroom Bisque at Artist Point (I always get it at Territory Lounge)
and if we happen to go to Rose & Crown which we haven't been in the mood for the last few years, I like the Scotch Egg.

The bread service at Sanaa, as @SSRFred noted. It's nearly legendary by now, the legend bolstered by it being somewhat-hard-to-get and thus a bit mysterious, located way out at Kidani Village. Its reputation is well-earned.

It's not by definition an app at a restaurant, but the Buffalo Chicken Chips at Trilo-Bites in AK are pretty fantastic.

The fried green tomatoes at Homecomin' are nearly a meal in themselves, with like, half a pound of shaved ham on them.

1. Octopus appetizer at Tiffins; one of my favorite dishes anywhere.
2. Shrimp and white beans at Via Napoli.
3. Wild boar tenderloin at Jiko.
4. Shu mai at Skipper Canteen.
5. Cheese plates at any Signature restaurant.

Morimoto had a tuna pizza. It's tuna sashimi and soooo delicious. I had it as my entree!

I want one. I just made myself sad. :(

Another vote for the bread service with all the dips at Sanaa!! Perfection!

Raglan Road has a smoked salmon app that is excellent!

The Dalkey Duo at Raglan Road is absolutely amazing, I have craved that almost every day since we went last March. Also, I know people love to hate on Nine Dragons, but I really loved their Dumplings in Chili Sauce.

The bread service at Sanaa, as @SSRFred noted. It's nearly legendary by now, the legend bolstered by it being somewhat-hard-to-get and thus a bit mysterious, located way out at Kidani Village. Its reputation is well-earned.

Curious what you mean by “somewhat-hard-to-get” as I have never heard this before - and have friends who have gone at all times that Sanaa is open.

Bread Service at Sanaa-not hard to get at all, not sure where that came from (I also don't think Kidani is hard to get to).
Boar from Jiko.
Any cheese plate from a signature restaurant.
Also, maybe not listed as appetizers, Tutto Gusto has a nice menu of small plate type dishes that are delicious.

Curious what you mean by “somewhat-hard-to-get” as I have never heard this before - and have friends who have gone at all times that Sanaa is open.

Oh, I just mean it's not something you wander across - you have to work to get there. You have to intend to go there. Unlike Cosmic Ray's where you're like, "Hey, we're all hungry, right? Here's a place." You have to actually bus to a resort and even then take a van/walk to the DVC section of that resort.

Artist Point: Smoky mushroom bisque
Jiko: Wild boar tenderloin
Sanaa: Bread service is terrible. Please don't go there. It's just awful, disappointing, not worth your effort and time, way-y-y-y overrated. Those 4-5 different types of na'an and those 9 sauces? Nobody wants to go there, no sir-ee. . .:rolleyes1
Boathouse: Beef carpaccio

Oh, I just mean it's not something you wander across - you have to work to get there. You have to intend to go there. Unlike Cosmic Ray's where you're like, "Hey, we're all hungry, right? Here's a place." You have to actually bus to a resort and even then take a van/walk to the DVC section of that resort.

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure if there was a limit on how much they had each day or something.

Does the bus not stop at Kidani?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter