favorite apple?

My favorite is Cameo but they are very rare around here. They are similar to honey crisp which is my 2nd favorite.

Honeycrisp and then Snapdragon...although these are hard to find as it's a new-ish hybrid and not grown in large quantities.

I like Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji - but I DESPISE Granny Smith apples with a passion. Which means I can never buy one of those delicious looking caramel apples at Disney because the inside is always a Granny Smith.

Gala are my favorite, followed by Fuji and Granny Smith. I'll buy Honeycrisp but only when they are cheap and on sale. They are not good enough to pay $3 apiece for...

Red delicious are absolutely disgusting. I have never liked them and find that name so ironic.

Macouns. That's one thing I really miss from when we lived in New England-all the different kinds of apples you could get. Down here in very south Texas, about all we can get is Red Delicious, and I'm not a big fan.

McIntosh is the best, sorry but everyone else is wrong. But they have to be fresh, local McIntosh apples; the ones that are imported end up with a mealy texture. Best taste, just the right amount of crisp without feeling like you are biting into something hard, and a little bit of tart and spice to balance out the sweet.

I have a name for RED Delicious apples. I call them HORSE APPLES.

I buy Honeycrisp, Gala and Pink Lady, occasionally Granny Smith

Braeburn, Envy and Jazz but lately have not been able to find them so will go with a Fuji or Gala. In general I can eat any apple as long as it is almost hard. Can't stand them once they get the least little bit soft.

My all time favourite is the McIntosh. Incidentally, I grew up just mere minutes from where the McIntosh was established.

My second favourite is the Spartan apple.

Red Delicious was the biggie when I was young. I like crisp apples, and they were always hit or miss in that department, as well as in sweetness. Once in a while you would get a real good one, but there were also some bad ones too. Maybe it was me, but over time there seemed to be more and more misses. So I started trying other types and now mostly buy Gala, or ones very similar to it. Not that every one of them are great though either. I do enjoy Honeycrisp, but they are still ramping up production so are not always available, and at times even if they are, they are super expensive.

I couldn't tell you what apple is what and I had 12 trees in the yard of 12 different varieties. Only thing I can tell you is that all I like is green sour apples, of which there are plenty more than just Granny Smith.

I had 3 trees that were green and sour, 3 different varieties (ex-father-in-law knew what they were, he has a masters in agronomy and agriculture.)

I never ate the apples though since we had 6 peach trees. I had to stop to wash off my entire arm several times when mowing. Every time I passed a peach tree I grabbed one.

I saw a headline today that Gala apples passed Red Delicious as the USA's favorite apple. What is your favorite type of apple?

I like Gala, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and Fuji the best probably. I never get Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith.

Sometimes in the fall I like to get several different kinds, slice them all up at once, and compare the flavors. Kind of like a wine tasting, but for apples.

Gala!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter