favorite apps for tracking distance and time?

Suprize2017

Mouseketeer
I have been using Runkeeper for a few years now, but lately it’s been wigging out on me. I walk, but try to keep it under a 16 minute mile, so I do like to have the feature that tells me my pace. Because I walk with my dog, I have it set to pause if it detects I have stopped (because she almost always poops somewhere on our walk 🤪 She never used to, so I chalk it up to her advanced years). Over the past few weeks it’s been pausing then restarting even when I haven’t stopped, or slowed down, or anything. Then, if I do have to stop, it doesn’t always pause. This morning, one of the big hills on my route was tracked as having increased my pace by over two minutes. I usually lose 10-20 seconds on that particular hill, not do 2+ minutes faster. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m finding Runkeeper has become very unreliable for me and would like to explore other apps. Which ones have been your favorites? Thanks!

I’ve been using strava for years. Love it. It can be a very basic app if that’s all you need but it has the capability for some more advanced features and tracking if you want that moving forward.

Can recommend Strava, I also liked the Nike app, except for the time it said I ran 33 miles for the Chicago Marathon. So maybe don’t go with that one.

Another vote for getting a GPS watch. I used to use runkeeper on my phone. Now, my Garmin watch uses its app (Garmin Connect) which also syncs with runkeeper so that I have my full history in one place.

The Garmin app gives me much better detail for each run.

I've used Strava and that worked fine, but I'm gonna throw out another vote for a GPS watch. I got a Garmin Forerunner 35 (one of their older models) when I trained for my first half marathon and it was about 1000x better than any app I used. Tracking was always accurate and it has tons of features to help with pacing. I think I had it synced to Strava.

Garmin Connect; as it comes with my Garmin watch.
I also have Strava linked to connect with a larger set of fellow runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter