Favorite celebrity chef/food personality?

I don’t like Ina either...
“If you can’t find good_______, store bought is fine.”

Give me a break. Get out of here with that pretentious crap.

I can't even figure out what that would mean. "If you can't find good figs, store bought is fine." I don't have a fig tree, for instance, or its ok that I obtain one at the grocery store? That must be weird. I'm not familiar with her.

My favorite is one of the ones who was just fired for sexual harassment. I loved John Besh and all he did for NOLA. I was so disappointed. I was also disappointed in Bobby Flay after his divorce. I think he was awful to his ex-wife. I had seen them together on tv several times and they always seemed so happy. Boy was I wrong.

I am giving Ina a pass. I have read that she does do Make a Wish, but this little boy wanted his wish at a time she already had another commitment and she was willing to do it at another time but he said no.

I seem to be bad luck, so I won't pick a favorite!

I'm not a fan of Ina either. I also find her pretentious... suggesting that you really must go to your cheese monger, not the grocery store, to select the very best cheeses. The guy behind the deli counter at the supermarket is the closest I've got to a cheese monger. Or, suggesting that you use 1 teaspoon of *good* vanilla (emphasis on good). I know there's "real" vanilla and imitation vanilla. But Ina never says what makes vanilla "good" and not just real. I hope the stuff from Costco is decent because that's what I use.

I used to really like Good Eats with Alton Brown, I found a lot of his info to be interesting. However, I have heard from several people that he's NOT a very nice guy -- and I think you can kind of tell that from some of his other shows. I have absolutely no desire to meet him.

I think Duff Goldman seems like a very nice guy and the work his studio puts out is amazing, but I'd love to see *him* actually do some of the work (he rarely seems to.) Maybe he's above that level now?

I like Ina Garten and enjoy her show. She's calm, and seems more like people I know than a lot of the more "high personality" chefs. I like her theory that store bought is ok--never forget that it's about entertaining, and you can't do that if you are freaking out at the last minute. And the Make a Wish fiasco was a crock. That should never have made it to the news--one isn't obligated to participate in specific charity functions, and her being a monster for saying "no" is ridiculous.

I quite like Gordon Ramsay. I had the opportunity to eat at his flagship restaurant in Chelsea and it was amazing. He’s not behind them helm, he’s off managing his empire, but it was brilliant food for sure.

So many! LOVE Alton, Carla Hall, Michael Symon, Amanda Freitag, Emeril, Ted Allen, Marcus Samuelsson, Gordon Ramsey, Aaron Sanchez, Marc Murphy, Graham Elliot, Chris Santos, Aarti Sequeira, I have an addiction to so many cooking shows - it relaxes me!

I like Ina Garten and enjoy her show. She's calm, and seems more like people I know than a lot of the more "high personality" chefs. I like her theory that store bought is ok--never forget that it's about entertaining, and you can't do that if you are freaking out at the last minute. And the Make a Wish fiasco was a crock. That should never have made it to the news--one isn't obligated to participate in specific charity functions, and her being a monster for saying "no" is ridiculous.

No of course no one is obligated. But she did say she was too busy and couldn't do it so it wasn't a crock. It happened.

And please, if John Cena can do as many as he has done all while performing 350 days a year all over the country, so can Ina.

I can't even figure out what that would mean. "If you can't find good figs, store bought is fine." I don't have a fig tree, for instance, or its ok that I obtain one at the grocery store? That must be weird. I'm not familiar with her.
She basically means if you didn’t shop at the farmer’s market, fish market, obscure little shop then it’s OKAY... Not ideal but OKAY:rotfl:

She basically means if you didn’t shop at the farmer’s market, fish market, obscure little shop then it’s OKAY... Not ideal but OKAY:rotfl:

That's nuts. I mean, I'm a huge farmer's market lover, but they don't have everything all the time, its kinda the point that it's local stuff, right? I mean, I can't get tomatoes at the farmer's market in December. Ridiculous. A farmer's market is a kind of store, so that's just dumb.

I like Gordon Ramsey but then I don't watch a lot of food shows, thus I'm not a very good cook, Amber! :rotfl:

Gordon Ramsey
Curtis Stone
Ree Drummond
Duff
Emeril(BAM)
Jamie Oliver?

I enjoy watching Valerie Bertinelli's show as well as The Kitchen except I think GZ and another cast member are sauce monsters lol.

Can't stand:
Anthony Bourdain
Guy (but I love the car)
Bobby Flay

Didn’t someone post here that Guy Fieri wasn’t very nice? Was rude to their kid or something?

DD went to a seminar and met Buddy Valastro. She was unimpressed. Cannot repeat what she called him but she’s used to dealing with difficult chefs so he must have been a real tool.

I like Gordon Ramsey but then I don't watch a lot of food shows, thus I'm not a very good cook, Amber! :rotfl:

My granny was one of the best cooks I ever knew in a non-professional way and she didn't watch cooking shows...so not sure I believe you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter