Favorite Christmas Album?

believe it or not but...

Ally McBeal's Christmas album is our favorite.

I love Robert Downey Jr.'s version of River, but all the songs are great!

Vinyl: Gene Autry's Christmas albums, Buck Owens or Julie Andrews
CDs: NSYNC Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Pentatonix That's Christmas to Me, Lady Antebellum On This Winter's Night, Trisha Yearwood Sweetest Gift, Kelly Clarkson Wrapped in Red

...Does Chris Tomlin have one? Paul Baloche or Lincoln Brewster? I think I might like it. I know I can google but I'm on my way to work.

Boney M
If you're more clever than I am look up the one I posted; you'll love it but it's only available digitally now. Also maybe try Phillips, Craig & Dean: Repeat the Sounding Joy. Very similar in style to the artists you've mentioned. And as for Boney M? Who DOESN'T love that album? I can't believe you're the only person who listed it! :wave2:

Absolutely! "When The River Meets The Sea" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" are both so amazingly beautiful. Love the whole album. Got to go to John's last Christmas tour - his music was always a big part of my holiday. :love:
That rendition of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time. I love the duet that you don't hear anywhere else.

John Denver - Christmas Like a Lullaby
(I will have to get the other John Denver ones mentioned here!)

We have an album, on vinyl, called "The 12 Hits of Christmas". It is from our childhood.

I do love the "Charlie Brown" album. It is probably my favorite.

A compilation CD from various artists, including

2000 Miles-The Pretenders
Christmas Wrapping-The Waitresses
Happy Xmas (War is Over)-John & Yoko
Father Christmas-The Kinks
Thank God It's Christmas-Queen

When I was a kid I loved The Partridge Family Christmas album.

My favorite is the Preachers Wife Soundtrack. It is more gospel, but the singing is beautiful. Also I always watch the movie during this season.

believe it or not but...

Ally McBeal's Christmas album is our favorite.

I love Robert Downey Jr.'s version of River, but all the songs are great!

We got this album when it first came out and still love it.

I know it's probably not really considered a Christmas album but back in 1968 my Granny bought me Handel's Messiah. To this day every evening on Christmas Eve I bring that record out and listen to it in honor of Christmas and my Granny from long ago. :)

Another John Denver fan here. Besides the Muppets, I love the Rocky Mountain Christmas album, with the exception of one song (Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas, which is a downer).

I also enjoy listening to many of the "A Very Special Christmas" series; I think they are up to #8 or 9. They're great if you want a very eclectic collection of music from different genres and artists, with some definitely off the beaten path.

There is this a cappella group called Pentatonix. They have no instruments and all the sounds you hear that sound like instruments are actually them making the sounds. They are amazing!

That rendition of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time. I love the duet that you don't hear anywhere else.

When John comes in (after Rowlf), I always turn the volume way up. His voice is so crystal clear and perfect - gives me goosebumps :)

For any classical lovers, Kathleen Battle and Wynton Marsalis-A Carnegie Hall Christmas Album. It's really wonderful. It's jazzy, yet classical. Have a little listen:

Also, the operetta of Amahl and the Night Visitors. You can view it on youtube but as is the case with opera, you have to listen to the words to get the idea of the story, but it is the story of a poor shepherd boy who sees a huge star and the three wise men come to his door on their journey to see the baby. It's got a lot of humor in it.

As someone else mentioned, Handel's Messiah is super Christmasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter