Favorite Costco deals and products?

girli565 said:
Wow, that's great! I guess we'll be getting our next car batteries from costco. How long is the warranty on them?

I want to say we got a 100% refund because it failed within 36 months. There's a partial refund within 100 months. I don't think I've ever had a car battery last that long.

* paper products -- paper towels, napkins and toilet paper
* cleaning packs -- dishwashing detergent (I am not fond of the kirkland brand here and prefer the name brand), clorox wipes and so on
* dog treats and beds
* fruit -- they have amazing fruit and huge quantities
* cheese
* meat -- love their chicken breasts which come packaged in packs of 2 breasts
* rotisserie chicken -- $5! delicious. Great as just a chicken dinner, terrific in soups, fajitas or quesadillas, wraps, etc.
* meds and contact supplies
* water and sodas
* great deals on some books, toys and kids' clothing
* batteries
* shrimp cocktail is a great deal too!
* wrapping paper -- great quality and lasts forever
* wire ribbon for holidays

You can't go wrong with much there. They are pretty good at vetting their products and keeping prices low and reasonable.

LOVE Costco. Miss the multiple flavors of cake filling they no longer have, though.

DH bought tires for the minivan about a year ago. One of them was losing air slowly. Took it back to Costco, they found a screw in the tire, fixed it and rebalanced the tires. For FREE. Can't beat that.:goodvibes

Love everything Costco. In fact today is payday and looking forward to going. Let's not forget all the "fun" stuff they have during the holidays, very bad for the diet.

In addition to all the normal deals at Costco, they also give gift cards for DCL cruises.

This coming June, 2013 we will have close to 2K Costco gift cards from a family cruise!!

We are getting around $850.00 I figure I will need it after paying for the cruise, at least I can eat afterwards. lol

We bought a room divider/storage unit with bin included for just over $100 on sale at Costco. The bins alone are $8 a piece at target and there are eight bins included. Perfect storage for te kids play room

We got their deep dish pizza last night. Good, but very salty.

I'm wondering what kind of gift card we might get for a DCL cruise I'm looking at; it's only about $1500 so surely it wouldn't be much?

Holy cow! $299 per person for a JULY Alaskan cruise?!? {Off to Costco to price cruises}

DW and I bought our Princess cruise to the Caribbean through Costco.
It wasn't $299 :eek:
But it was about $100 less per person than what we could find anywhere else online.

We got their deep dish pizza last night. Good, but very salty.

I'm wondering what kind of gift card we might get for a DCL cruise I'm looking at; it's only about $1500 so surely it wouldn't be much?

We booked a DCL cruise through Costco for next year and we're getting a $215 cash card. The cruise cost $3125.

I see a theme on this thread! Like others, we buy:

bottled water
K-cups (best price I've ever found)
Kirkland laundry detergent
rotisserie chicken
organic chicken and ground beef
pork chops (aren't soaking in salt water injection, so they can take a marinade/brine)
Kirkland frozen shrimp (also not crazy saturated with salt preservative, making them taste much fresher)
Chicken Chipotle Flautas
Hebrew National Hot Dogs
Pineapples
organic canned tomatoes
vinegar
nuts (mixed, almond)
Charmin
wine
printer ink refills at the photo department
generic Omeprazole :rolleyes1
tires
wrapping paper/tissue paper

Also, I don't know if this is local/regional thing, but they have these two packaged curries, Butter Chicken and Sukhi's Chicken Tikka Masala in their refrigerated section (i.e. the area where the nice cheeses are, fresh pasta, party type foods, etc). I really REALLY don't do most prepackaged family meals due to a) fake flavor and b) preservatives and additives. But these are AMAZING. The chicken in it is even good quality, and the ingredients aren't a bunch of chemical names. I do add some more veggies, like cauliflower and peas, and cut the chicken smaller, but it's amazing as is over rice. My mom spent a few months in India for business, and has missed the amazing curries. When she visited us, we had some of this on a night in, and she said she hadn't tasted curry that good since her trip. :thumbsup2

deegack said:
We bought a room divider/storage unit with bin included for just over $100 on sale at Costco. The bins alone are $8 a piece at target and there are eight bins included. Perfect storage for te kids play room

How long ago was this? We've been debating the one from IKEA.

We recently discovered the kung pao shrimp in the frozen seafood area. My dh is a picky eater and he loves it. I make it once a week now.

We have bought the regular (not organic) chicken for a long time now. But I've had a few "bad" pieces lately. Anyone else having problems with the chicken? Tonight I made BBQ chicken on the grill and the chicken tasted rubbery :crazy2:.

Naked juices
Pom juice
Bothouse juice(when they have)
Cinnamon bread
Tempura shrimp
Aidells sausage
Aidels meatballs
Wine
Chocolate covered acquai/blueberries.
Turkey spinach lasagna

I know more just off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love that Costco carries Disney (not store) products. My best purchase ever was a couple of years ago. Bought two super enormous Mickey and Minnnie stockings. We love them.

Our favorite Costco product is the cling wrap. We cook a lot and use a lot of cling wrap. The box that we started last year is still going. This stuff is strong. And it actually clings to bowls etc. :thumbsup2

Other items that we buy at Costco:
Batteries
Kirkland Multigrain bread, Turkey Breast slices, Chicken breasts individually wrapped frozen, Salmon, Cod, trash bags, tuna, shampoo/conditioner and organic milk
Healthy and Beauty products
Wine
Fruits and Vegetables
Meats
Water and Pop
Pita Bread
Clothes
Christmas toys, wrap, tags and cards
Stamps
Aluminum Foil
Tide pods
Dishwasher pods
Dryer sheets
Fireplace logs

After checking out I love to go get their Chocolate yogurt. That stuff is addictive. :rotfl2:

I just got a bottle of generic zyrtec today at Costco- 365 tabs for a about $14. Last time I got a bottle of 40 of generic at the grocery store, it was the same price!

They also sell packs of 45 breathe-right strips for the same price as a 28 pack at the grocery

and they have ginormous bottles of generic benadryl- like 500 tabs- for $5

Their giant bottles of kirkland aspirin and ibuprofen are super cheap too.

...haha, can you tell I have allergies?

Costco Disney products are usually top notch!

LOVE the Disney embroidered pool towels! Gorgeous and luxurious or $13 - can't wear these out! So soft. I just got Disney backpacks and lunch coolers for kids. Much better made than Disney store. Every year they have Disney christmas items. Right now they have DIsney wall clings. ANother frequent sighting is kids Disney clothes, including swim suit sets and under ware. They also usually have Disney books and movies. My kids are a fan of the Kirkland brand Mickey head shaped chicken nuggets.

My two recent finds are the Kirkland frozen pizza and Kirkland frozen sirloin burgers. Both make good quick kid friendly meals (and inexpensive). I was never a fan of frozen burgers, but these are really good!

I LOVE the Christmas wrapping paper! Very thick and I have yet to ever finish a roll, as they give you so much for your money!

I noticed my local Costco has 3 day Universal park hopper tickets for about $146. Can be used for any three days until end of 2015 I think. No mention about expiring 14 days after first use (read fine print before purchasing, though)

Reading through this entire thread nodding and agreeing with most everyone buys
Some of the things we always buy at Costco are:
Car rental my second stop as soon after we book a vacation
Water that's the best $5 I spend all summer long!!!
Clorox Bleach those 3 bottles last forever
I went on Sensa because of Costco and its 50% cheaper than a vitamin store
POM juice if you go to a supermarket this is one of the most expensive juice ever but the size in Costco makes it worth the purchase and it's filled to the rim!
When we have parties I get the shrimp platters or the croissant sandwiches
Meatballs (either the chicken and apple or the meat ones) chicken, meats, seafood (especially the frozen lobster tails)
During the holidays wrapping paper, holiday cards, ribbon and if they have them Christmas lights and during the springtime weed and feed and roundup
Mr. Yoshidas sweet and sour sauce(we put this on everything and it comes out that much better).
The television, the computer, the camera the bluetooth headphones, memory sticks and my new favorite purchase the printer(it has air printing so we can print from our iPads and its an deluxe version that was cheaper in Costco than the basic version in Best Buy).
Ink for the printers, all my office supplies, protein drinks, frozen pineapple chunks, friut bars, activia, grapefruit cups, paper products, vitamins, vegetables (frozen and fresh) Blu ray DVD (especially if I miss the first week sale - just got Willy Wonka on Blu ray for $10!!) toothbrushes(comes in handy with overnight guests) lots of toiletries, books -especially children's, video games, and consoles
Spa finder gift cards ($100 and you pay $80) movie tickets (we pick them up whenever we are there and save them for us or gifts) air mattress, car battery, air conditioners, batteries, flashlights, tires, I could go on and on!!!

3 things we get every trip to Costco:$5 rotisserie chicken $1.50 hot dog and drink (DH gets the turkey sandwich) and gas!!! That line may be as long as TSM but it's worth the wait!!

Love Costco.

Orowheat bread
Corn/ flour tortillas
Romaine and lately Parisian salad
Bananas/strawberries/blueberries/avocados/cucs/peppers/broccoli/green beans
Meat pizza with salami and bacon rocks my world!
Rotisserie chicken
Milk/eggs/cheese
Kirkland eggo waffles
Juiceboxes/snacks
Cereal
Kirkland TP/electrosol packets/ kirkland trash bags
Cat litter
Gas--cheapest in town!

Love hunting for new seasonal items. Combo slice is delish. Love Costco!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter