Favorite Cruise Directors

Yup Jo was amazing
Oh yes she was!! I had the pleasure of playing two rounds of 90s music trivia with her on my last two cruises. I did really well both times even though I was on the younger side. She even told us at the trivia a story about how she nearly got fired for "allegedly" telling the crowd that Joey Fatone was at a game she hosted. She also told us stories in between certain songs

Oh yes she was!! I had the pleasure of playing two rounds of 90s music trivia with her on my last two cruises. I did really well both times even though I was on the younger side. She even told us at the trivia a story about how she nearly got fired for "allegedly" telling the crowd that Joey Fatone was at a game she hosted. She also told us stories in between certain songs
yup I heard that story and her and Natalie together on the one cruise were awesome

This thread is interesting as I've been on many cruises and couldn't name one cruise director. I guess I never pay attention to them and what they do

Last edited:
I still have a video of Jo stage-diving on the Magic in Fathoms. She said she had never done it before because she would get fired but had always wanted to try. I suspect she had used that same story on other cruises. I heard the Joey Fatone story also. She was amazing. Tisa said she had tried hard to get Jo to come back.

We ran into Brent and his family at DCA in 2015 after his last cruise as a CD. He was going to work in Entertainment at DCA last I heard.

The only one who really stands out to me is Clayton.

The Club Hosts have always had more of an impact on our cruises than the CD.
Yep - And Jo was hands down the best. No one ever comes close.

I was going to say, maybe we should start a similar thread but about club hosts
But since Jo is gone, I haven't even paying attention to who was the host when we cruised.

The concept of club host has lost all its meaning for me since Jo left DCL.😪
Yes, that's how entertaining and meaningful she was. To us at least.
We'd have sailed 3-5 more times than we have so far if she was still on the ships, just to see her, be around her.
That's how impactful she was.

Well done, DCL, for letting her go 🙄

I vote for Trent on the Wonder! We had a blast with him on our cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. He was perfect for that cruise because he’s Australian.

Jo and Natalie were so great together! They made our cruise so much fun. Who is the Cruise Director on the Dream currently?

After hearing Christiaan will be coming Back as Cruise Director I thought who has been your favorites over the years?

Mine have been of course Christiaan, Natalie, Lesley, Matt(was ACD when I had him, but is now a CD), Ashley. Pictures not in any order. I'm excited Christiaan will be CD again.

View attachment 837706
View attachment 837707
View attachment 837708
View attachment 837709
View attachment 837710
View attachment 837711
View attachment 837712
Christiaan's coming back???? What ship???

Does anyone know where Tisa is now? (Not a CD but an incredible club host!)

Christiaan's coming back???? What ship???

Does anyone know where Tisa is now? (Not a CD but an incredible club host!)

She's our favorite! We've been on multiple cruises with her as far back as 2002. Last I heard she was on the Magic but that was quite a while ago. I haven't heard anything about her lately.

We also loved Jamzey but sadly he left many years ago. :(

The Club Hosts have always had more of an impact on our cruises than the CD.

Completely agree. Cruise Directors on DCL just don't do much outside of introducing the main shows in the theater and maybe a morning show (do most of them still do that?). It seems a majority of their responsibilities is "behind the scenes" - scheduling and whatnot. They have all been very nice and engaging if you see them and strike up a conversation, but don't do a lot to move the needle as far as enhancing your experience because they are hosting specific activities/events. They're often observing the events in the background.

On other cruise lines, the CDs seems to host a majority of the day's events - particularly on Carnival. They basically separated the job into two people. The CD is essentially the ship's emcee hosting events all day long and can really impact the overall cruise experience. They also have an "Entertainment Director" who handles all the behind the scenes stuff so the CD can be out and about the ship all day and night.

Completely agree. Cruise Directors on DCL just don't do much outside of introducing the main shows in the theater and maybe a morning show (do most of them still do that?). It seems a majority of their responsibilities is "behind the scenes" - scheduling and whatnot. They have all been very nice and engaging if you see them and strike up a conversation, but don't do a lot to move the needle as far as enhancing your experience because they are hosting specific activities/events. They're often observing the events in the background.

On other cruise lines, the CDs seems to host a majority of the day's events - particularly on Carnival. They basically separated the job into two people. The CD is essentially the ship's emcee hosting events all day long and can really impact the overall cruise experience. They also have an "Entertainment Director" who handles all the behind the scenes stuff so the CD can be out and about the ship all day and night.
I'm wondering if my NCL Parahoy 2016 cruise had a CD sixthman cruises are different so I know they didn't have entertainment staff through the ship, but instead through sixthman. In my cruising DCL it was easy to meet, see the CD's all out and about

Jo was also an amazing singer. On one of our cruises, she did an incredible version of Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide backed by John Charles (who we also miss seeing perform) on guitar.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter