Favorite cup/ mug for ship?

I like having the loop handle on a Hydraflask. But I do appreciate the tall lidded cup with the straw. It’s nice keeping the drink cold and ice not melted.

Onboard, I just use the provided cups at the drink stations. I don't do dishes on vacation, if I can help it.
Me too. I don't want to have to deal with washing out cups or keeping track of who's is who's, or where we may have left it.
Also there are signs at the drink stations to use a fresh paper cup each time to prevent the transfer of germs from someone's mug to the drink dispenser. This has been since long before covid, at least since our first Disney cruise in 2007. You're free to use the paper cup to fill a bigger mug if you like.

One thing I find is a must is a travel mug for coffee. The cups they have wind up burning my hands if I try and carry a cup around.

We had really full bags so we popped over to a Starbucks and got their $1-ish reusable mugs. That way they worked for coffee or beer from our room or soda. No straw to worry about, not worried about leaving them anywhere and then we just left them behind when we left because we still didn't have room in our luggage.

None of the above. I don't always Have to Be Drinking.

We had really full bags so we popped over to a Starbucks and got their $1-ish reusable mugs. That way they worked for coffee or beer from our room or soda. No straw to worry about, not worried about leaving them anywhere and then we just left them behind when we left because we still didn't have room in our luggage.
And so, you left (unusable to you) reusable plastic trash onboard for the ship's personnel to deal with?

Last edited:

How do you make that leap of logic?
You don't bring a mug/cup on the cruise so one would assume that means you have no intention of drinking anything while on the cruise. Otherwise, the response would have been like others who said they just used those that are provided.

You don't bring a mug/cup on the cruise so one would assume that means you have no intention of drinking anything while on the cruise. Otherwise, the response would have been like others who said they just used those that are provided.
The question was about which bottle I bring onboard. I don't bring one.

I had this made by a local lady. I do not know the brand of the tumbler but it keeps things cold for many, many hours. I still find ice in it the next morning. I like to fill it with soda during the day or water at night.

Tumbler from Linda - DCL logo.jpg

I also bring my own stainless steel straw to use in the dining rooms with my iced tea. I also bring a brush to clean the straw and it is no big hardship. The cups at the drink station are flimsy, don't keep anything cold, there are no straws or lids so I bring my own tumbler.

MJ

The cups at the drink station are flimsy, don't keep anything cold, there are no straws or lids so I bring my own tumbler
Agreed. The hassle of tracking and cleaning of the reusables is far less than cleaning up the almost inevitable spill from lidless cups or multiple trips to the fountain because they don't hold very much either. We carry them anyway because I refuse to pay airport prices for bottled water. Most airports have a bottle fill station these days.

One thing I find is a must is a travel mug for coffee. The cups they have wind up burning my hands if I try and carry a cup around.
Hi, I also much prefer to drink coffee from a mug and not a paper cup. Can you ask for a mug at Cove Cafe? If not, can I bring a mug and ask them to serve it in the mug?

We prefer something lightweight with a lid that I can secure on without worrying about spilling. Then I can either clip onto my bag or just drop it in. Nalgene type bottles are great, but anything with a screw on lid works for us. I’m not concerned about keeping ice for days in my water. And I don’t want to deal with washing straws in my room. Washing a cup with only 2 easy to clean parts is ideal. I just need something to bring to the gym, theatre, and on excursions. Cups with handles are a hassle to carry around IMO. I like to have my hands free. We use the ship cups otherwise.

Hi, I also much prefer to drink coffee from a mug and not a paper cup. Can you ask for a mug at Cove Cafe? If not, can I bring a mug and ask them to serve it in the mug?
I would hazard a guess that they will NOT serve into your personal cup/mug. But you could just take the one they serve it in and pour it into your own cup/mug.

Picked this up last year and it is my favorite. Opens two ways and easy to clean. View attachment 826566
This Tervis style is our go to - on their website you can get them in 3 different sizes and even on solid colors you can get them personalized. Son left his by the pool and it was back in our room with a note from guest services fewer than 20 minutes after he lost it! If you catch them at the right time you can even get them for 50% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter