Favorite DHS table service?

Another vote for HBD. I'm hoping the crab corn chowder is back on the menu this coming summer and if not, I'll have to console myself with the beef carpaccio which apparently was so good nobody at my table left me a taste. My need for the Cobb salad goes without saying.

How dark is it? and how "scary" are the shows? Rides are touch and go for him, so I'm not sure eating in the dark for a long time would be his favorite. Like I know for sure TRex is not for us...
It's pretty dark, but the shows aren't really scary at all. And it's definitely not as loud as T-Rex.

At HS we have dined at Hollywood and Vine, Sci Fi, 50s Prime Time and Hollywood Brown Derby. HBD is definitely our favorite at this park. Food has been delicious and service good as well. I might go back to Sci Fi again. They had a really good burger, but the dark theatre atmosphere and repeating film clips got old fast.

How dark is it? and how "scary" are the shows? Rides are touch and go for him, so I'm not sure eating in the dark for a long time would be his favorite. Like I know for sure TRex is not for us...

Dark enough I felt like I couldn't see what I was eating all that well. The clips aren't really scary. Other than the giant spider that my son with a bug phobia would flip his lid if he saw, lol.

I liked 50's Prime Time Cafe best. Sci-Fi's theme is neat, but it's very dark. It's like a drive in movie theater and the clips are from old monster movies.

Brown Hat Derby (2 Table Service Credits) has good food too, but overall I prefer Prime Time Cafe.

The movies are not scary at all. It is like eating at a movie theatre with more ambient lighting. The food is ok if you stick to burgers, sandwiches and shakes. The link below shows you a picture of how dark it is. The only problem with the cars is you sit 2x2, so if there are 3 people, one will be sitting by themselves.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sci...AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=661#imgrc=VqYIbuWwjrE0yM:

50s Prime Time Cafe just for the experience alone. Though I Have to say the shakes are the best Ive ever had.

50's for my crew. We've done hollywood brown derby twice and have been surprisingly underwhelmed. Both times it took a full 2 hours for dinner due to terribly slow service. That's a LONG, LONG time especially when you're at a theme park and want to be doing other things.

Hollywood Brown Derby best food in DHS. We also enjoy '50's Prime Time. Younger kiddo may enjoy Prime time more than HBD though.

SciFi if you want the kid to be rewarded. 50’s PTC if you want him to get his elbows off the table and eat his greens (they do have chicken) or else THIS!

upload_2018-5-9_20-39-18.png

I was thinking HBD but didn't realize it was 2 credits. Now I'm leaning towards 50s...

We've eaten at all of them and while HBD is the best, even that was mediocre on our last visit (Dec.). I wouldn't burn 2 credits on any signature (unless you're on the deluxe plan) b/c I think there's better bang for the buck paying OOP. That being said, I'd be more tempted to leave the park and eat at one of the Epcot area resorts.

Our family fave is Sci Fi, theme is super fun and unique and you can't beat burgers, fries and shakes. It's dim on the inside to give an appearance that you are at an evening drive in movie but it's not scary and neither are the movies, they are old, cheesy black and white movies. There are "stars on the walls and what looks like mountains off in the distance. It's cool. Not all tables are cars so if you want a car you may have to wait longer for one to open up. I would say if you want to go fancy, do the Hollywood Brown Derby for great food and nice atmosphere.

Beyond that, I don't really care for any other restaurants in DHS, this also includes CS.

We love to eat at 50's Prime Time in the bar area. The comfort food is wonderful but we are not fans of the antics. The theme at Sci-Fi is so cute and we love the movies, but we have not had good luck with the food or the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter