Favorite Dining for 2 Adults

Cdn Friends of Pooh

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to DLR in early November and as we've never been, we are are looking for good dining recommendations/options for 2 adults

We loved Carthay Circle in DCA, and Paradise Garden Grill. In Disneyland we loved the Carnation Café and I can't wait to try Café Orleans. And I always recommend splitting a sweet treat at Ghiradhelli in DCA. My fav is the banana split!! YUM!

I loved Steakhouse 55. Lots of historic pictures! The restaurants inside Disneyland, like Blue Bayou, will not serve alcohol. All the restaurants in Downtown Disney, the hotels, and California Adventure will. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is also really fun with live entertainment! The best bar is Trader Sams at the Disneyland Hotel. They do a lot of fun things depending on what drinks are ordered!

When we went to DLR last year, the nicest meal my husband and I had was eating a corn dog and potato chips at a quiet table away from the crowds. It's all about who you are with.

We had a great dinner at Carthay Circle, our first time there but it wont be our last, take advantage of the fact that you will also get a Fastpass for the best section for viewing WOC... here are some pics from our dinner May 23...

11233392_1587389108194395_226806810_o_zps1vyz3ey0.jpg

11348860_1587389078194398_618942495_o_zpsha5w0vbh.jpg
11286787_1587388978194408_1774093132_o_zpsidxd9jra.jpg
11347654_1587388964861076_890415909_o_zpsiiba3nks.jpg
11282561_1587389098194396_1173695040_o_zpsegauv3lj.jpg

I loved Café Orleans but if you are looking for something more romantic then I would suggest Blue bayou I have never been but I have heard it is very nice.

DH and I have enjoyed Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans in DL, Cathay Circle in CA and Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. This year we're finally going to try Napa Rose and can't wait!

We like to stay in the parks when we are in Disneyland, because we don't get to go very often. We haven't eaten at Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 for this reason. I have heard RAVE reviews about both and have read many a blog post about the chef's counter at Napa Rose and it is definitely on my to-do list, but I really love the ambiance of the parks. The music, the people, the atmosphere, the lights (especially at night)… so our favourite places to eat as a couple in Disneyland are:
- Cafe Orleans
- French Market
- Blue Bayou is good and cool atmosphere but very pricy and I actually prefer staying outside and hitting up Cafe Orleans instead.
*There is no alcohol in Disneyland though, so that is the only drawback from a couples dinner without kids in the park.

In DCA we like:
- Wine Country Trattoria. I find it funny that no one ever mentions this one, as I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes this place. I always find the food really fresh and yummy and I love sipping on an ice cold glass of white wine on the patio. This is one of my favourite places to eat while in Disneyland/DCA. I will park hop just to eat here.

In DTD we like:
- House of Blues
- Jazz Kitchen

We like Blue Bayou and we really like to share a chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn, we add a side salad and it is plenty of food for the 2 of us. In DCA we like Carthay Circle, we like to go into the lounge there as well and just sit and have a drink and a small plate together. We don't do the small plate before a meal there though, the food at CCT is so good that we like to finish it all. We also like adding some wine to our couples meal together. We also really enjoy going to the Cove Bar, sharing a plate of Lobster Nachos and some having some Sangria, yummy!! In DTD we like the Jazz Kitchen and we also enjoy the Rainforest Cafe. I went to the Uva Bar on a girls trip with my best friend, we really enjoyed that. We also like dining at the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump and at Joe's Crab Shack. :)

You aren't alone, peterpanandwendy- we like Wine Country Trattoria, too...even WITH our child.

We also love, love, love Cove Bar for lobster nachos and vino.

We really enjoy Wine Country also, although last time we went the service was less than stellar (much less). That was not the norm though, so we'll be back.

In DL we enjoy Blue Bayou, Napa Rose can't be beat if you're outside the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter