Favorite discontinued food?

DisneyCrazy915

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, mods please move me.

Okay, so what was your favorite food that Disney used to have but stopped serving, changed the menu, etc?
For me it's the pre-potato Ohana menu. I miss the rice and passion fruit cheescake the most.

I miss the Orange juice & vanilla ice cream swirls that they used to serve at the Sunshine tree terrace. They were better than Dole whips! Then they switched to a fake orange and vanilla swirl (like a dreamsicle). Disgraceful, considering that they are in FL. I don't know if they still have those anymore, they were AWFUL!:eek:

The German Potato Salad at the Plaza Restaurant in MK.

And the large variety of fish that had been on the Kaltbord at Restaurant Akershus before it got Princesses!

I would have to say for me it is French Toast Loaf from the Main St. Bakery. We bought this every time we visited the MK for 20+ years.

For our entire family it would be the Beaver Tails in Canada. It was tradition to have at least one per trip. :sad1:

The potato dish at Ohana that they replaced with the noodles. The noodles are nice enough, but the potatoes were yummy.

And although I never had it, I'll vote for the french toast loaf too. I was so looking forward to trying it and they stopped it shortly before our last visit.

I miss the Orange juice & vanilla ice cream swirls that they used to serve at the Sunshine tree terrace. They were better than Dole whips! Then they switched to a fake orange and vanilla swirl (like a dreamsicle). Disgraceful, considering that they are in FL. I don't know if they still have those anymore, they were AWFUL!:eek:

2ND THIS:thumbsup2 I am appalled at what has become of the Citrus Swirl..it is merely ok, the ORIGINAL was FABULOUS

2ND THIS:thumbsup2 I am appalled at what has become of the Citrus Swirl..it is merely ok, the ORIGINAL was FABULOUS

I would agree also and have to add the Beef Barley soup that they served in Canada and at Cinderella's Castle. It was wonderful!

The cream-filled donuts at the Boardwalk Bakery :sad1: They were soooo good.

The root beer floats at Pacos Bills these were our favorite floats
The sticky bun at POR
The twin lobsters at Captain Jacks
The frozen coke at POP or are they back?

The frozen cokes from POP is a good one.

Mine was the BBQ chicken sandwich from Sunshine Seasons Food Fair... before the remodel.

Good hot dogs anywhere; the strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove. It was like the Citrus Swirl that others have mourned - frozen strawberry juice swirled with ice cream. It was first switched to stawberry ice cream/vanilla swirl, then disappeared altogether!:sad1:

We also miss Beaver Tails, French Toast Loaf at Main Street Bakery, soup in a bread bowl at Columbia Harbor House, Sticky Mickey at Concourse Steakhouse, shrimp wontons at Ohana. There are others, I just can't think of them at the moment!

the strawberry swirl at Enchanted Grove. It was like the Citrus Swirl that others have mourned - frozen strawberry juice swirled with ice cream. It was first switched to stawberry ice cream/vanilla swirl, then disappeared altogether!:sad1:

This! I am so glad someone else remembers these, I was beginning to think I imagined them whenever I would go look at menus! :)

DS really loved the figaro fries at PVH. Last time we were able to get them was dec 08. They had taken them off the menu at that point, but they built an order for him on that trip. Summer 09 he asked them to do so again. The 2 cm's we talked to had never even heard of them and then they said that they would be happy to make them for him, but they did not have any bacon in the restaurant. :sad1:
Just the other day he said that he wishes that he will be able to find the figaro fries somewhere at wdw on this next trip.

I have no idea what it was called, but the CS @ The Land had a sandwich shop in 1988. They had some odd sandwich that was like ground beef in a cheddar cheese sauce in bread that was a cone. I spent 10 years craving it and trying to find something like it...and when I got to go back in 1998, I couldn't get it anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter