Favorite discontinued food?

Figaro Fries!

Also the homemade mac and cheese from 50s Prime Time. It was baked with a cheddar sauce and topped with cheedar and broiled. It just had a really nice "mom's" feel to it.

Loaded baked potatoes from Sunshine Seasons. You picked your toppings and had an amazing potato. They also had a pasta station with Mickey pasta and choices for toppings and sauces.

I miss Pooh's Breakfast Lasagna at CP....

I do still get to enjoy it once a year because we make it on Christmas morning, but it is such a PITA to make......maybe that's why Disney stopped serving it??

There are so many that I miss... oriental cheese dogs that you could get at the cart in Adventureland. Those were so good! I also really miss the Minute Maid frozen lemonades in the cup. They switched to another brand now and aren't the same.

Original Nestles Cookies that were in the Main Street Bakery, there were 10 different flavors and they were still warm.

Original Sunshine Seasons were I could get a baked potato with tons of different toppings and great BBQ ribs

French Toast Loaf from MSB

Taco Salad from POR and POFQ

Back in the early 90's the egg roll stand that is in Adventureland sold hot dog egg rolls...sounds gross but OMG they were amazing!

Also in the 90's they had frozen lemonade in huge wooden buckets that the CM's would hand scoop for you...off of Main Street in one of the little alleys by the bakery and candy store

Before DTD blew up and it was just the Market Place EOS was a little mini mart type of place with the best sandwiches and salads...I loved the tuna salad on a baquette

I miss...
the gelato at the Beach Club
the frozen orange juice and ice cream--we used to have it for breakfast once every trip
prime rib everywhere
soup and ham sandwiches from CCH
real hot dogs
homemade black forest cake they used to serve inside Biergarten
pre-princess meals in Norway--why can't one meal a day be a regular meal???
whatever brand the ice cream was before-I don't like Edys
I hate the prepackaged desserts--feels like a school lunch

I'm glad to see a couple people have mentioned the gelato at BC Marketplace. I really miss the pistachio flavor gelato, that one's been gone for over 5 years now, but I still miss it.
Also, the sweet potato pancakes at Boatright's-but then, they're no longer serving breakfast.

Years ago they used to do breakfast at Tony's Town Square. Their french toast was to die for!

The almond filled croissants at the French counter service were better than any I had in Paris. I almost cryed when I found out that they no longer made them. And, no, the chocolate almond ones are not the same.:sad2:

I still miss, and even dream about, the On the Harbor meal from Liberty Tree Tavern's lunch menu. A succulent cider cured salmon filet was served over griddled pumpkin bread and arugala. It was beyond amazing.

I also miss their griddled pound cake. Buttery pound cake with pecan caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. It was one of the few desserts there I really enjoyed.

Not a menu item itself, but I miss Spoodles. I loved the menu for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner. Cat Cora's restaurant is nice, but is not a perfect fit for me.

Add me to the long list of people who miss Figaro Fries.

The German Potato Salad at the Plaza was just like my Oma (Grandma) used to make.

I miss the entire Menu from Chef Mickey's when it was in Downtown Disney and the food was well made not just plentiful.

Ohana potatos were a starchy splurge that made Disney feel like VACATION.

Last, I do miss the real Beaver Tails in Canada, back when they were made in a vat of bubbling oil right before your eyes and served piping hot.

If I could do ANYTHING to get back my salmon at Liberty Tree, I would be willing.

Don't know if it was my "favorite" but no being about to get Yakatori chicken at Yakatori house somehow seems like a failure.

The almond filled croissants at the French counter service were better than any I had in Paris.

I just had one in June, about a month ago. I can't beleive they stopped serving them! They are Yummy!!

It has gotten to the point the where I am afraid to say I love anything at WDW, because it then goes away. I am so tired of their mass produced food products, and miss the items you could only get at specific places. I miss many of the items posters have already mentioned, others:

~Strawberry Swirl at Enchanted Grove (I also loved the raspberry frozen lemonade there which I discovered in May, has been replaced by another frozen disgusting concoction):sad2:
~Caramel Corn at Sleepy Hollow
~German potato salad at The Plaza
~Original onion rings at 50's PT
~Freshly made candies at the candy store on Main Street

Someone already mentioned it, but we miss the pineapple and caramel sauce from 'Ohana as well.

Also, all the great food at Askerhus before it went Princess - particularly the mashed rutabega. Exactly like my grandma made it - sooo good! Hard to find on any menu anywhere.

Sticky Mickeys @ Concourse Steakhouse
Signature Desert @ GF Cafe
Figaro Fries @ MK
Wontons and the Carmel Sauce (real carmel sauce) and pineapple @ Ohanna
Donalds Dairy @ The Marketplace (miss the original Marketplace w/ all the great shops.
New England Clam Chowder @ Harbor
Character Buffet @ the Empress Lilly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter