• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Disney Resturant

California Grill. Even with the prefix menu, although I look forward to being able to order off a regular menu again.
But so many come to mind. Must dos every trip are Skipper Canteen in MK and Nomad Lounge in AK
My favorites ever?
Crystal Palace from the 1980s, when it was still cafeteria style and they had the band going from table to table instead of the characters. I used to love the steak and mushrooms over the puff pastry. It probably wouldn't hold up now, but that is what I used to fantasize about when I was hungry waiting for lunch in school.
Early 1990s San Angel Inn in Mexico, when they had the filet with the cheese, peppers and sauce. I wonder how that would hold up now.
2010s Citrico's was probably my favorite restaurant. Best shrimp I ever had was there in 2011. The menu was fresh, light and different. It was heartbreaking when they changed chefs and went "rustic French". I love the recent upgrade, and they're back to being really good now, but still not quite what they were food wise.

Steakhouse 71 for sure.... this is my new found favorite Disney restaurant!!!

California Grill. Start with the premium wine flight, beef short-rib wontons, then oak filet (m-rare), if I can forego dessert for another order of the beef wontons then I'd do that, otherwise the sugar donuts. Then end with a glass of Richard Hennessy.

I feel a little bad choosing this over Via Napoli (pizza is my all time favorite food) but I want to go out with a little class.

Old Artist Point or Storybook Dining? I vote for the older.

I never went to the old one so I vote storybook dining. But, full disclosure, I am not a foodie by any means. I like simple food so I like the chicken (DH likes the steak and that he can get 2 for the price of 1). Also, the character interaction has won the restaurant over for me. We went when DD was 2 and 3 and she absolutely fell in love with the Evil Queen and we had amazing interaction with her the second time we went. So that has biased my opinion. We also encountered the most friendly CM staff at Storybook and that vets high marks in my book, as well.

My last meal at WDW was last week at Chefs de France. I had the boeuf-bourguignon and thought it was excellent, and it’s my new favorite!

It's been a while since I've been, but one of the most unexpected (and best) meals I had was at Sanaa.

It would have been Jiko but since they removed the Tomato-Butter sauce, I won't be back. We did have a delicious meal at both Toledo and Sanaa on our last trip so it's a tough call to make. Both had incredible food and great views but I'll give a very slight edge to Toledo.

Yachtsman Steakhouse. We have done so many special meals there, it is now a special place to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter