Favorite Disney Springs Restaurants. Need suggestions for arrival night.

seetheworld

DIS Veteran
It seems there are so many new restaurants since we were there two years ago. Anyone have any favorites? This is for our family of 6. Thank you so much!

Thank you! I have a silly question. Do you take a boat to get there or are there just cruses, etc as a special occasion thing? Their menu looks incredible! Also, what is good there?

No, you walk in. They have all kinds of boating stuff around - a couple of the tables are even in boats. They have multiple rooms as well as outdoor areas. They do have the aquacars that you can do a ride in - for a fee of course. But all the restaurant is on solid ground. :D

My first time was over lunch and I had the Wedge Salad, the Barbecue Bacon Burger minus the cole slaw and on a gluten-free bun, and the "allergy dessert" (which is like a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, vanilla ice cream, some fudge sauce, a dab of whipped cream, and chocolate chips!!). ALL delicious!!

My second time (went back the same trip) I did the Wedge Salad with a chicken breast and the "allergy dessert".

It's definitely my favorite place there! If I wasn't going to be there at Food and Wine and doing MNSSHP with a friend on my next trip, I'd be back 100%!

Homecoming!

We ate at Boathouse in March. It was rather chilly and windy. Pretty freakish for Orlando. With an ADR, the only tables available were outside. We would have had to wait to about 30 minutes to eat inside. We did sit outside, and it was so cold and windy that it put a damper on the meal. I still shiver just thinking about the meal. I also didn't think it was that great. Not bad, just not great for the price. The food seemed to be more casual and more fried than just seafood. For the price, it seemed like you should be mainly getting seafood, not bready fillers and sides. They do have mainly fish dishes, but it was really expensive lobster, salmon, which I can get anywhere, and ahi tuna and swordfish, which I don't like. Many of the outside tables didn't look to have covering either, so I guess you could be stuck in the hot, blazing Florida sun too. Something to keep in mind depending upon when your trip is and what time you might get a reservation.

The BOATHOUSE, Paddlefish, Morimoto Asia and Maria & Enzo's are all my must-do's!

I would probably lean towards The BOATHOUSE for an arrival-night dinner ... the menu is great and has a little something for everyone, the vibe is really bright and happy, and the service is always top-notch and impeccable. We did a 12-person arrival-night dinner in January for Marathon Weekend (it served as our "Christmas meal" since we're all scattered across the country) and it was probably my favorite meal of the weekend.

Lots of people like Homecomin', but I've never been for dinner as I get my fair share of southern/homestyle cooking back here at home in Texas.

It depends what kind of experience you want.

We enjoy Raglan Road on arrival day. It gets us in the "Disney" mood. It is fun with good food. But it is like the corner pub.

If you are looking for something a little more upscale, then you wouldn't want it.

I second (third, fourth?) Boathouse. Our party of 6 had a perfect experience there for our farewell meal. Filet sliders, avocado with lump crab, clam strips, oysters were the items we enjoyed the most. Their beef is Gibson’s beef which is excellent. Fun kids meals are served in an amphicar (sp?) box. Service was the best weve had anywhere at WDW.

Other suggestion would be to hit up QS options so that everyone gets what they want. Morimoto Asia Street food for ribs, eggs rolls, noodles. Dluxe for burgers, shakes. Blaze for pizza. Daily Poutine for Poutine. Wolfgang’s for everything else. Kind of fun to eat and walk around :)

Last edited:
Homecoming!

We ate at Boathouse in March. It was rather chilly and windy. Pretty freakish for Orlando. With an ADR, the only tables available were outside. We would have had to wait to about 30 minutes to eat inside. We did sit outside, and it was so cold and windy that it put a damper on the meal. I still shiver just thinking about the meal. I also didn't think it was that great. Not bad, just not great for the price. The food seemed to be more casual and more fried than just seafood. For the price, it seemed like you should be mainly getting seafood, not bready fillers and sides. They do have mainly fish dishes, but it was really expensive lobster, salmon, which I can get anywhere, and ahi tuna and swordfish, which I don't like. Many of the outside tables didn't look to have covering either, so I guess you could be stuck in the hot, blazing Florida sun too. Something to keep in mind depending upon when your trip is and what time you might get a reservation.

I'm sorry you had a not great experience at Boathouse. :( When I was there in Feb (Presidents' Week), the outside tables all had umbrellas over them - I wonder if because of the wind they were not out that day?

That just proves that everyone can have different experiences and also how a negative thing makes people not want to go back. In a thread I started about my choices for my first breakfast in September someone suggested Kona as an alternative to 'Ohana. I went to Kona on my Feb trip and while my mimosa flight was good and I loved my gluten-free Mickey Waffles, my server seemed annoyed that they put an opening ADR in her section and was just cold the whole time I was there. I probably would have just shrugged it off, but then a pair of women came in and were seated a couple of tables away - and clearly they had been in before because the server was suddenly all smiles and miss Chatty Cathy with them while not checking on me and all but throwing my check at me when I asked for it. Really made me not want to ever go there again.

So I totally get it.

Boathouse. Outstanding. I eat there every trip. Had poor service once when I sat at the bar but otherwise it's been wonderful

Morimoto. Not bad. Not up to his standards at his other restaurants

Homecoming. Ummm.....I'm a southern girl. Not sure what that was but I won't be back

Raglan Road. Still a good choice

Paddlefish. After sitting at a table for 45 minutes with no service (in spite of finding a manager at 30 minutes who promised a server right away) we left and went to Boathouse

Boathouse. Outstanding. I eat there every trip. Had poor service once when I sat at the bar but otherwise it's been wonderful

Morimoto. Not bad. Not up to his standards at his other restaurants

Homecoming. Ummm.....I'm a southern girl. Not sure what that was but I won't be back

Raglan Road. Still a good choice

Paddlefish. After sitting at a table for 45 minutes with no service (in spite of finding a manager at 30 minutes who promised a server right away) we left and went to Boathouse

Paddlefish is on our list, but I am not feeling it. We are going to Boathouse and Frontera Cocina, we were there last October and loved them both. I don’t care for Raglan Road and I agree about Homecoming, that didn’t hit the spot for me either. Trying to think of another alternative for a group of nine with some picky eaters.

We love the Boathouse. We go every trip and even have a favorite waitress we request. ;) We also discovered splitsville on our last trip and everyone loves that too. We ate there 2 last trip. The avocado with tuna is amazing! I know, it's a bowling alley LOL. We have only ever eaten outside. So good seriously. Homecoming we didn't enjoy but I'm picky about my fried chicken so.....

If you just want casual with good food I'd suggest Splitsville. We make it a point to eat there now. It has plenty of areas away from the bowling. :)

No, you walk in. They have all kinds of boating stuff around - a couple of the tables are even in boats. They have multiple rooms as well as outdoor areas. They do have the aquacars that you can do a ride in - for a fee of course. But all the restaurant is on solid ground. :D

My first time was over lunch and I had the Wedge Salad, the Barbecue Bacon Burger minus the cole slaw and on a gluten-free bun, and the "allergy dessert" (which is like a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, vanilla ice cream, some fudge sauce, a dab of whipped cream, and chocolate chips!!). ALL delicious!!

My second time (went back the same trip) I did the Wedge Salad with a chicken breast and the "allergy dessert".

It's definitely my favorite place there! If I wasn't going to be there at Food and Wine and doing MNSSHP with a friend on my next trip, I'd be back 100%!

You are a wealth of info! My daughter has a gluten allergy and your post made her so happy! It sounds wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to respond! We appreciate it so much!

You are a wealth of info! My daughter has a gluten allergy and your post made her so happy! It sounds wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to respond! We appreciate it so much!

You're welcome! They are AWESOME with gluten-free. A chef will come out - and the ones I met with indicated that they can do almost anything on the menu gluten-free. The dessert is NOT on the menu (or was not in February), but it is amazing! The chef I met with my second visit said he tells his friends to ask for the allergy dessert when they come because he honestly feels like it's better than the other options even if you don't need allergy-safe stuff.

I hope y'all have a wonderful, magical time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter