Favorite Disney Villain Songs?

The Gaston song most definitely. I love that song so much well "it's not very hard to see why"

The Gaston song most definitely. I love that song so much well "it's not very hard to see why"
Gaston was never a character I considered to be a villain. I guess one of the reasons I didn't much care for "Beauty and the Beast" was the lack of a solid villain in the film.

I guess so. But i mean most movies have some sort of villain and if there were to be one it would be Gaston. If he doesn't count then i would have to go with Scar's "Be Prepared"

I really like a villain song that didn't make the movie- "Snuff Out the Light" by Yzma (the great Eartha Kitt).

My DD absolutely hated the song "Gaston" when she was younger- maybe because of the talk of him being hairy?? Or eating raw eggs?? She would make me skip past it when listening to Disney music in the car.

Gaston was never a character I considered to be a villain. I guess one of the reasons I didn't much care for "Beauty and the Beast" was the lack of a solid villain in the film.
Not sure I understand this...I mean he bribed Monsieur D'Arque to imprison Belle's father in an insane asylum until she agreed to marry him, and then he tried to murder the Beast because Belle had feelings for him. (Between his reaction when Belle talks about the Beast being kind, and his words during the rooftop it's obvious that he was not hunting the Beast for being dangerous like implied in "The Mob Song" but because he saw him as an obstacle between himself and Belle's affections. If neither blackmail or attempted murder sounds like a villain to you then ummm yikes. :P

I really like a villain song that didn't make the movie- "Snuff Out the Light" by Yzma (the great Eartha Kitt).
So much yes to this! Speaking of deleted song I really love Jafar's "Humiliate the Boy" from Aladdin. It is such an silly number though that I'm certainly glad it was not used as it would have seemed out of place killing the drama of the movie, but on it's own it is pure cheesy goodness. (Which is why I guess they used a similar concept for a song in the sequel, only with Genie being the victim of Jafar's antics/singing. But although I like "You're Only Second Rate" it still lacks a bit of the charm of the original cut number for me.)

The first song that really came to mind though for for me was "World's Greatest Criminal Mind", Ratigan's number from "The Great Mouse Detective", mainly because it's freaking Vincent Price singing and he manages to give this catchy and entertaining song such an magnificent air to it.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23304-1382116734-7.gif

Second choice would probably be "My Lullaby" from "The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride". It is one of the most blatantly deeply disturbing Disney number that manages to be catchy at the same time... I have to wonder if TLK2 had not been direct to video, if this song would have been made the cut or been deemed a bit too graphic with some of Zira's vivid descriptions of her dreams for Simba's family.

Last edited:
The first song that really came to mind though for for me was "World's Greatest Criminal Mind", Ratigan's number from "The Great Mouse Detective", mainly because it's freaking Vincent Price singing and he manages to give this catchy and entertaining song such an magnificent air to it.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-23304-1382116734-7.gif
I wrote to Glen Keane before I left for Ireland last week. When I returned home today, I found an envelope waiting for me. Inside was this awesome sketch of Ratigan by his animator:
Keane, G Rat (490x640)1.jpg

I really love Be Prepared and Poor Unfortunate Souls.

They're both from my favorite Disney movies and they both have awesome melodies!

I really like Gaston, because... I just find it funny. A close second would be Be Prepared because the melody is just amazing!

After much thought, I think I have to go with Be Prepared. The whole scene is just so capturing, and it has such an awesome beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter