• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Disneyland Restaurants

If splurging...blue bayou. French market is also delicious. I've also discovered the chicken nuggets from stage door cafe, which are really good, and enough to split between 2 people as a mid day snack.

There are so many!

Counter Service: Plaza Inn, French Market
Lounge: The Cove Bar, Alfresco Terrace
Table Service: Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, River Belle Terrace, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Snacks: Clarabelle's, Jolly Holiday

Cafe Orleans or French Market are always good. The corn dog wagon on Main Street is also great for a quick bite.

At DCA, the Pacific Wharf Bakery with the sourdough bread is awesome. It's what Heaven must smell like!

DL: TS: Blue Bayou, CS: Bengal BBQ, snacks from Maurice's Treats
DCA: TS: Cove Bar, WCT, CS and snacks: Cozy Cone
Other: Napa Rose at the GCH, a drink at Uva bar in DtD

Wine Country Trattoria in DCA.

Catal in DTD (though bear in mind it isn't cheap, the food and service is fantastic though)

Have heard good things about Napa Rose and some others mentioned elsewhere in this thread, just have not had the chance (yet) to sample them :)

My high schooler is going soon on a class trip. Any recent pictures of counter service or other menus that the kids could look at to help them plan and budget what they will be spending on lunch and dinners? Not sure where to point them to look for recent prices. Thanks!

The family favorite is Carthay Circle. My husband must have a corn dog. My must have was taken away when the Paradise Garden Grill stopped having their Mediterranean skewers :sad: My daughter and I must have DL popcorn; I don't know what they do to it, but it's the best stuff on earth! My husband must have the hunney pots from the candy shop by the Pooh ride. Frankly, I must get it over with and move to DL.

My high schooler is going soon on a class trip. Any recent pictures of counter service or other menus that the kids could look at to help them plan and budget what they will be spending on lunch and dinners? Not sure where to point them to look for recent prices. Thanks!
Look at the menus on allears.net for the menus with prices.

Honestly, I don't really have a favorite since they closed down Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. They had the best food and the best desserts! After that closed, everything else for me is just good, but not can't miss. I'll mix it up. Sometimes we'll do Blue Bayou, sometimes we'll do the Jazz Kitchen, or Plaza Inn, or French Market. We used to always do Earl of Sandwich until Gluten items became a bad thing for my wife.

One place I never go without is the Pacific Wharf Cafe with clam chowder. I realize I can do this at home, so it's not uber-special. But I always get it. And my wife has Celiac, so she always goes to Lucky Fortune Cookery because they have really good GF bowls. We also ALWAYS go to Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's and get lots of ice cream as a replacement meal for lunch.

I always do Cafe Orleans for lunch. I need to try Carnation Cafe sometime.

I do Carthay Circle and/or Blue Bayou only if I'm doing a dining package. I'll probably do BB again when F! is back. But I usually do WOC CC dining package every trip.

I've also made it a point to get the beef nachoes at Whitewater snacks at the Grand Californian once a trip. It's a nice break.

And, if I arrive early on the day before my first park day, I try to have lunch/early dinner at Catal in Downtown Disney. They usually are the only place that has a raw ahi dish.

And if I fly out in the morning/early afternoon, I usually have breakfast at Steakhouse 55 when they first open at 7am. It's almost always nearly empty (Goofy's Kitchen next door is always packed) and the food and service is excellent.

I'll add I'm also a huge fan of Whitewater Snacks. Never seems super crowded, it's a nice break from the parks, and the food is pretty good. We always go at least once.

We loooved the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn most of all. Café Orleans was also great, the Monte Cristo sandwich is surprisingly light.

Disneyland restaurant question....

My first Disneyland trip is in three months. I have ONE DAY in the park in late July, so I know it's going to be packed and I'm gonna have to be strategic about everything. And while everything I hear about Café Orleans sounds unbelievable, I'm wary of spending extra time at a table service restaurant, since my time will be at a premium.

My question is....how quick is the service at Café Orleans? I know I can get a reservation a day or two ahead of time, but I've experienced very long meals at WDW table service restaurants, and I don't want to spend too much time eating at DLP when I only have a day to experience everything. I'm fine with going quick-service only, but the Café Orleans reviews(and menu) are so appealing that I thought I'd ask.

Disneyland restaurant question....

My first Disneyland trip is in three months. I have ONE DAY in the park in late July, so I know it's going to be packed and I'm gonna have to be strategic about everything. And while everything I hear about Café Orleans sounds unbelievable, I'm wary of spending extra time at a table service restaurant, since my time will be at a premium.

My question is....how quick is the service at Café Orleans? I know I can get a reservation a day or two ahead of time, but I've experienced very long meals at WDW table service restaurants, and I don't want to spend too much time eating at DLP when I only have a day to experience everything. I'm fine with going quick-service only, but the Café Orleans reviews(and menu) are so appealing that I thought I'd ask.
I love me some Cafe Orleans, and I don't think we've had slow service there, but here's my take: If you've got one day and the energy to go all day without needing a break, go all day and don't take a prolonged break. There are plenty of great quick service options you can try and even eat on your way to the next ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter