• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

favorite drink @ Tambu Lounge/'Ohana

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Working on my all important booze plan (just kidding. it's actually more the booze "budget" lol) and I remember reading many reviews that say that the iconic Lapu Lapu isn't actually the best drink - that it is quite strong and quite large and tastes strongly of rum. I had been very much looking forward to the drink in the pineapple but going to MK after a 3:30 'Ohana dinner and wondering if maybe a pint of rum is not the best thing to consume before going. Does anyone have any tasty favorites from the lounge? I want something tropical and fruity and I guess strong is ok but I don't want to feel like I am downing a mixture of rum with a splash of juice. I'd like a well balanced fruity cocktail - the kind where you could get hammered without even knowing it they go down so smoothly except I'm only gonna have one of them and with food should be fine ;) If the lapu lapu is tasty I'll be fine with that too, I metabolize my booze quickly and feel fine after about an hour (which is about the length of dinner anyway) but I had just read it tastes very very very boozy. I know someone here has sampled more than one and has a strong opinion! The island sunset actually looks more appealing. OR maybe I just have to do the Lapu Lapu at least once in my life.

Last edited:
Working on my all important booze plan (just kidding. it's actually more the booze "budget" lol) and I remember reading many reviews that say that the iconic Lapu Lapu isn't actually the best drink - that it is quite strong and quite large and tastes strongly of rum. I had been very much looking forward to the drink in the pineapple but going to MK after a 3:30 'Ohana dinner and wondering if maybe a pint of rum is not the best thing to consume before going. Does anyone have any tasty favorites from the lounge? I want something tropical and fruity and I guess strong is ok but I don't want to feel like I am downing a mixture of rum with a splash of juice. I'd like a well balanced fruity cocktail - the kind where you could get hammered without even knowing it they go down so smoothly except I'm only gonna have one of them and with food should be fine ;) If the lapu lapu is tasty I'll be fine with that too, I metabolize my booze quickly and feel fine after about an hour (which is about the length of dinner anyway) but I had just read it tastes very very very boozy. I know someone here has sampled more than one and has a strong opinion! The island sunset actually looks more appealing. OR maybe I just have to do the Lapu Lapu at least once in my life.

I love the Island Sunset! I tried the Lapu Lapu and it was not my favorite either. I'm not a big drinker and the Island Sunset fits my criteria, fruity, sweet and not too strong.

Their Bahama Mama is one of the best drink's i've ever had. The Lapu Lapu was nothing to write home about- I had to keep asking for extra juice and still didn't finish it! Tambu Lounge is one of our favorite spots and it is a must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter