Favorite DVC Lobby?

noneal

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
What is your favorite DVC Lobby for whatever reason? I'm including the attached resort lobbies (Contemporary, etc). I think for me it is Wilderness Lodge. I am sucker for the National Park theming and it's done so well.

I love the Grand Californian lobby but the problem there is it's usually so packed with guests waiting for their rooms and non-guests just hanging out. People camped out with all their belongings kinda takes away from the breathtaking ambience. The design and decor, however, are amazing.

I love the Grand Californian lobby but the problem there is it's usually so packed with guests waiting for their rooms and non-guests just hanging out. People camped out with all their belongings kinda takes away from the breathtaking ambience. The design and decor, however, are amazing.
That's actually my biggest problem with the Monorail resorts as well (not speaking of favorites, specifically, but in general). That Poly lobby, and even extending out past the Dole whip window, Cooks, and around the main pool can be an absolute sea of people. 5-60 people waiting for Ohana, people doing the Monorail loop, all add to a mass of humanity. Grand Flo less so, but still busy.

Wilderness Lodge, then Grand Californian and Jambo tied for second. In reality I find all three are equally as beautiful and special, but Wilderness Lodge is home so I have to put it first :flower: .

Wilderness Lodge, followed by Grand Californian. I love Animal Kingdom (same architect so no surprise), but for me it sometimes seems a bit TOO themed. Not the actual theming, which is amazing, but maybe just too busy as in too much theming for the space (it's the smallest of the 3).
Ooo - I forget about GC. Another amazing lobby!

Aulani, Wilderness Lodge, and Grand Californian at Christmas time. 🤩 I do also love the carousel at Christmas time in Beach Club as well.

Aaah so difficult. No one mentioned BCV or BWV, which even if less grandiose are lovely themed. Especially for Christmas.
However, I agree with many others, AKL, VGC and GF (in this order) are my favorites. I have finally a stay booked at CCV this September and I expect I'll love that one too.
Bonus point for the lovely penguin non-fountain in the VGF1 lobby.

I liked VGF lobby but ever since they removed the band I would move them to 4th behind Wilderness Lodge, BWV ,Jambo then VGF
They broke up the Band? That's truly a bummer. I loved listening o them as we waited for our reservation at Citrico's.

I guess it wasn't making money so the made a new bar /rest area I believe

Wilderness Lodge followed by Grand Californian, then Jambo and Aulani
WL just invites you in to sit down and relax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter