Favorite Epcot TS for lunch?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We've done Via Napoli for lunch the last few trips, thinking of switching things up. What's your favorite?

There's hardly any Epcot restaurant that isn't appealing to us so It's easier for me to say which ones don't do much for us as well as the reasons.

Mexico Pavilion. The man doesn't like Mexican food much so we bypass the offerings even though the one near the indoor boat ride looks cool.

American Pavilion. Nothing special here although there are so many possibilities in American cuisine; a wasted space in my opinion.

Norway Pavilion. Many good choices in NYC so no need to eat at WDW for us.

Germany...we like the QS better than Biergarten as the beer hall's food is not really authentic or even close to it.

France. Not a fan of the crepe cart as the jams used taste mostly of sugar and not fruit. Not authentic in the least. Haven't tried the savory crepes but noticed they are using the same crepe batter for sweet and savory offerings.

UK. We love York County's fish and chips and have never ventured into Rose and Crown so are opinionless.

China. I do not like the food cart outside the pavilion's offerings. Dry and understuffed egg/spring rolls and doughy dumpling wrappers.

Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is delicious. It's just like being in Marrakech.

While I haven't eaten at many Epcot TS (my family is rather picky/restricted food wise....plus we simply don't get to visit often :worried:), I can offer that we thoroughly enjoyed Nine Dragons for a weekday lunch last April. The restaurant was quite empty (yes, I know it doesn't get much love) which meant we could really relax and admire the decor. We all enjoyed the vegetable spring rolls and I really liked the cucumber salad (cut up pickles) and garlic spinach noodles YUM. We were there because sesame chicken from our local Chinese restaurant is DS16's favorite meal and he really wanted to get Chinese food at Disney. He was VERY happy with the Honey-Sesame Chicken. We went back for dinner a couple of nights later 8-)

Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is delicious. It's just like being in Marrakech.

I would love to try this next trip......even though the teenagers will likely order something boring off of the children's menu. Is there music and entertainment all day? Just dinnertime?

Via Napoli is unquestionably our favorite, but after that Tokyo Dining is probably next on the list. Their tempura is great and the sushi is really good and reasonably priced. Rose and Crown is also a good option with solid food or you could walk over to the Beach Club and have a burger and some ice cream at Beaches and Cream. That is always a fun experience and gets you out of the park for a bit.

I would love to try this next trip......even though the teenagers will likely order something boring off of the children's menu. Is there music and entertainment all day? Just dinnertime?

There's both music and dancers at lunchtime.

Coral Reef and Tutto Italia. We love dinner at Chefs and Le Cellier so am sure they would be great at lunch as well.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Coral Reef... right at opening. Make an 11:30 ADR, show up and get a seat by the tank in an empty restaurant. Good, efficient service. not overly loud yet because it's mostly empty.

don't tell anyone though it's my secret.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Coral Reef... right at opening. Make an 11:30 ADR, show up and get a seat by the tank in an empty restaurant. Good, efficient service. not overly loud yet because it's mostly empty.

don't tell anyone though it's my secret.

Do you know if a party of 7 can sit near the tank? We sat there once and really liked it there but it was only the 2 of us that time.

For lunch, we usually do Rose and Crown as I am addicted to the Scotch Eggs and Bangers and Mashed. Spice Road Table is another fave of ours.

Do you know if a party of 7 can sit near the tank? We sat there once and really liked it there but it was only the 2 of us that time.
you can sit directly across from it in the booths

some are smaller but some have two tables that can be pushed together, I have seen big parties there

coral-reef-epcot-tank.jpg

We have done Coral Reef for lunch several times... it's a great and relaxing break during the day. I agree with Lisa F., get an early reservation... now the secret is out! :tongue:

I miss the old lunch menu at Chefs de France, I'm not a huge fan of the dual lunch/dinner menus they have everywhere.

I was just going to say the same thing! Remember the salmon, spinach, and potato lunch entree? It was delightful, not heavy at all.

Lunch and dinner are the same price now. It changed in October? November?
:crazy2:

I hope the buffet offerings are the same for lunch now, at least.

Personally, I didn't think the differences in offerings was worth the extra money for dinner. But, if I'm paying for it anyway, I'd hope to have it available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter