• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Harry Potter Quotes

Disneyfreak616

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! :wave: In honor of the end of the beloved Harry Potter series (and our childhoods) that have captivated the globe for over a decade, I thought it would be cool if we all contributed some of our favorite quotes from J.K. Rowling's books or the movies that came from them. :goodvibes Here are some of my favorites:

"I'm going to bed, before one of you come up another clever idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled." "She NEEDS to sort out her priorities."

"Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right."

"Not to mention the pinchers. *Click, click, click."

"OI! THERE'S A WAR GOING ON HERE!" "I know, mate, so it's now or never then, isn't it?"

"Yes, I dare!"

Hey everyone! :wave: In honor of the end of the beloved Harry Potter series (and our childhoods) that have captivated the globe for over a decade, I thought it would be cool if we all contributed some of our favorite quotes from J.K. Rowling's books or the movies that came from them. :goodvibes Here are some of my favorites:

"I'm going to bed, before one of you come up another clever idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled." "She NEEDS to sort out her priorities."

"Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right."

"OI! THERE'S A WAR GOING ON HERE!" "I know, mate, so it's now or never then, isn't it?"

*GASP* I love the last one!!!

Umm let's see here...

"Harry, you're worse than Ron! Well, no, you're not."

"Rack your brains Ron, that should one take a couple of seconds!"

"So they were just walking there, you know, I like the way they walk..."

"So light a fire!"
"Yes... of course... but there's no wood"
"HAVE YOU GONE MAD! ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!"

"Anyone can speak troll! All you have to do is point and grunt!"

*GASP* I love the last one!!!

Umm let's see here...

"Harry, you're worse than Ron! Well, no, you're not."

"Rack your brains Ron, that should one take a couple of seconds!"

"So they were just walking there, you know, I like the way they walk..."

"So light a fire!"
"Yes... of course... but there's no wood"
"HAVE YOU GONE MAD! ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT!"

"Anyone can speak troll! All you have to do is point and grunt!"

I love all of those! I especially love the first two. :)

:surfweb:

"Is this real? Or is it all in my head?"
"Of course it is in your head, but why on earth does that mean it is not real?" :)

"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

"Do not pity the dead Harry, pity the living, and above all pity those who live without love."

"I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes."

"After all this time?"
"Always."

And so many more, goodness I just can't think of them.

"Wands are only as powerful as the Wizards who use them."

*sees Ron with Lavender*
"Excuse me, I have to go and vomit."

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."

I may have messed up some of these quotes, and there are some on the tip of my tongue, but these are the ones I could think up. There are so many good quotes from Harry Potter.

I have a ton others on the tip of my tongue and you've mentioned some of them,

"It's a charm, it keeps the nargals away!"

Hahaha. I love Luna! :laughing:

"Is this real? Or is it all in my head?"
"Of course it is in your head, but why on earth does that mean it is not real?" :)

That was one of the best parts of the last movie. It was exactly like the book!

"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

I was bawling at this point. SO cute. Another time the movie was JUST like the book. :goodvibes

"Do not pity the dead Harry, pity the living, and above all pity those who live without love."

"I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes."

"After all this time?"
"Always."

And so many more, goodness I just can't think of them.

Those are all great! Alan Rickman was brilliant as Snape, and of course I cried when he died.

*sees Ron with Lavender*

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."

I may have messed up some of these quotes, and there are some on the tip of my tongue, but these are the ones I could think up. There are so many good quotes from Harry Potter.

Those are good ones! :thumbsup2 I love the second one. :rotfl: And the fourth one; Dumbledore has some really profound lines.

*sees Ron with Lavender*

I love the 2nd one!! I was all like, "YOU GO GIRL!!" I also love, "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." I think I'm going to paint that on one of my walls.

GIMP. I use a gradient tool, make the creast transparent and add text. If you want one I can make you one. I just need what colors, the house, and your quote. :goodvibes

That's so cool! Can you really!? Okay...hmm...well Gryffindor of course....so scarlet and gold....and I can't think of a good quote! Help. LOL.

I love the 2nd one!! I was all like, "YOU GO GIRL!!" I also love, "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." I think I'm going to paint that on one of my walls.

I love that quote! Luna is one of my favorites. I think that might attribute to the fact I'm a Ravenclaw all the way :thumbsup2

That's so cool! Can you really!? Okay...hmm...well Gryffindor of course....so scarlet and gold....and I can't think of a good quote! Help. LOL.

How about this. I've been looking up different Harry Potter quotes all day and found this one. It's what the Sorting Hat sings about Gryffindor:

"By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest."

GIMP. I use a gradient tool, make the creast transparent and add text. If you want one I can make you one. I just need what colors, the house, and your quote. :goodvibes

Oh, you play with GIMP, too? Well I don't use it anymore, I use Photoshop now. Maybe I should post some Harry Potter fan art I made...

Oh, you play with GIMP, too? Well I don't use it anymore, I use Photoshop now. Maybe I should post some Harry Potter fan art I made...

Yeah post some! I'm no good at fan art. I'm good with banners, icons, and drawing horses. I go on Howrse so I've tried to make some golden apple coats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter