Favorite kids menus for adventurous palates?

KateDrake

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I keep getting super excited about eating various places, and then I take a look at the kids menu and realize it is the same old thing - burger, chicken strips, mac and cheese, etc.

We may just order some adult meals and have the kiddos share (especially at counter service), but I thought I'd ask here and see if you all have any favorites for adventurous eaters. (My kids like burgers and nuggets, too, they just will get tired of eating them for every meal!)

What are some restaurants your kids have particularly enjoyed that served something a little more exciting? I'm looking for both QS and TS. Some ideas I'm contemplating: Whispering Canyon, Boma, Sanaa (staying at AKL), Yak & Yeti, Satu'li, Docking Bay 7, Skipper Canteen, Space 220. I'd love your suggestions though!

(Oh, and obviously we'd like places that have great adults menus, too!)

I think you have a good list going. I would suggest booking Space 220 Lounge so you have even more variety to choose from at that restaurant and you aren't beholden to the pre-fixe kids menu. Almost any QS/TS in Epcot WS would fit the bill - maybe try Teppan Edo? If you don't mind small plates, Spice Road Table is good.

I think a lot of the TS places have at least 1
“Different” item on the kids menu. For instance, my son got the grilled fish of the day (I believe it was salmon) at CRT and a sloppy Joe at 50s Prime Time. Those aren’t particularly “adventurous,” but they’re not chicken strips and Mac n cheese. I haven’t found a Disney restaurant yet where he couldn’t find something on the kids menu he liked, so I admit I book restaurants based on what I like! Ha!

We stayed CL and were there during F&W, so we didn’t do a lot of TS. But if you’re there during any of the Epcot festivals, there are lots of opportunities to try different foods!

I have nothing to add except that this thread is a breath of fresh air from the standard posts looking for more places to have bird nuggets and hot dogs. (And everyone that needs to get triggered for attention, please, just stop it. I'm not better than you. My kids are not better than yours. everyone already knows that situations are different, do what you do, support your kids, and do it with gusto, knowing what's best for them. I applaud you.) It would be nice for more of the restaurants to offer an interesting "Kid's Meal" instead of trying to get them to tamp down more bird nuggets and processed starch. They all do usually have something healthier which is fantastic, and I completely understand that they are doing the best they can while balancing the fact they they are in business to make money first and foremost.

I'd also suggest Teppan Edo. Nothing is really exciting, but it's a different presentation of familiar-ish stuff. Won't be the best Teppanyaki on the planet, but it's fun if the kids have never been to one.

Spice Road Table is another great suggestion above for sharing.

If anyone that has Youtube connections with the big Youtube names, I bet this is a fantastic idea for a food video if it hasn't already been done.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter