Favorite last day lunch; resort or Disney Springs

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Was wondering what everyone’s favorite last day lunches are? We check out of AKV at 11 am and will be looking to have lunch soon after. Our flight is not until 6 pm so we will have plenty of time. I’m a nervous traveler so no parks for us that day even though we have APs. :blush: We are fine going to another resort or Disney Springs and then back to AKV to meet the Tragical Express which I am guessing will pick us up about 2 pm.

Well already be dining at, for now anyway, Cal Grill Brunch, Jiko, Raglan Road, Yachtsman, Rose and Crown, and Il Mulino.

:thanks:

Last edited:
I think you will be picked up around 3 for the airport. I think they went back to three hours prior to flight. I would go to DS, it does not seem to be very crowded during the day. You could do a nice lunch at the Boathouse or Paddlefish. We also liked Frontera Kitchen.

If doing a resort, I would probably head to the Contemporary to the Wave. Love that spot. Then you could do the monorail loop.

I think you will be picked up around 3 for the airport. I think they went back to three hours prior to flight. I would go to DS, it does not seem to be very crowded during the day. You could do a nice lunch at the Boathouse or Paddlefish. We also liked Frontera Kitchen.

If doing a resort, I would probably head to the Contemporary to the Wave. Love that spot. Then you could do the monorail loop.

Doing the Monorail Loop sounds like fun! So does Disney Springs. We were thinking about the Boathouse or Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' Lunch. The menu looks terrific!

Morimoto, we love lunch there. Food is filling but I never get that stuffed heavy feeling. I don't like to fly after heavy food.
This is where I'm thinking of having lunch on our last day too for this trip. Right now I have an ADR for 1:30 PM but hoping to change it to opening time at noon since it would give more of a "brunchy" feel.

In the past we've eaten at the TS at the resort we stayed at (Kona Café).

What do you like about the Wave?

On our last day we typically schedule breakfast at Boma and then just have a very light meal before our flight that evening at the airport (there's a restaurant/bar there where we can plug in our laptops and have a drink and share an appetizer or two while killing time). We don't like flying with a super full tummy.

What do you like about the Wave?

the Wave is just a nice quiet spot. There is no view or anything, it's just really relaxing. We love it. The menu changes because they use what is in season. We have never had a bad meal, and the desserts are awesome. We also love the "feel" of the Contemporary. We often sit in the lobby or poke through the gift shop.

I agree with PP that a late breakfast at Boma is a good option, especially since you're staying at AKV. This is what we did on our last trip at AKV and it worked great. It's such a popular spot, it would be a shame not to take advantage of the convenience of it during your trip. From there, I would spend some time at Disney Springs if you don't want to go to a park. You could grab a snack at Ghiradelli or even a light QS there before you head back.

Also, PP is correct - Magical Express will pick you up about 3 hours prior to your flight, and you should be at the bus stop with your carry-on bags about 15 minutes prior to that. So I'd plan to be back by 2:45.

On our last day we typically schedule breakfast at Boma and then just have a very light meal before our flight that evening at the airport (there's a restaurant/bar there where we can plug in our laptops and have a drink and share an appetizer or two while killing time). We don't like flying with a super full tummy.

Thats a good idea too.

I agree with PP that a late breakfast at Boma is a good option, especially since you're staying at AKV. This is what we did on our last trip at AKV and it worked great. It's such a popular spot, it would be a shame not to take advantage of the convenience of it during your trip. From there, I would spend some time at Disney Springs if you don't want to go to a park. You could grab a snack at Ghiradelli or even a light QS there before you head back.

Also, PP is correct - Magical Express will pick you up about 3 hours prior to your flight, and you should be at the bus stop with your carry-on bags about 15 minutes prior to that. So I'd plan to be back by 2:45.

Now that we might do brunch at California Grill on arrival day v Boma upon arrival, maybe Boma at the end will work. Or Sanaa even.

Thanks for clarifying on Magical Express pick up time.

I forgot to mention that another lunch possibility is private dining AKA room service. It's particularly decadent feeling on last day and gives you an opportunity to pack leisurely if you're not the type who packs the night before OR you've been sick and you know nobody else is gonna double check every drawer and closet and maybe even separate dirty clothes from clean...not that this has ever happen to me:crutches:.

Last edited:
When I stay at AKL and have a late flight like yours I head off to AK. It is so close! I might ride Safari that day and maybe Dinosaur but mainly I just wander around and soak in the atmosphere. Even if I only have time for lunch I will grab barbecue and sit in the back by the water and enjoy the view. Or wander Pandora one last time, watch the dancers and have a beer at Dawa or at Nomads Lounge. It is my little way of saying goodby to the magic. Strictly atmospheric. With a nice lunch

I think it also depends who's in your party.

If I was with DH and young kiddos I would feel most relaxed staying put at AKL but when it was just me and one of kids when they were young we would go somewhere close to where we were staying.

When at GF and WL we went to MK to get in our last park time.

When we stayed at Wyndham Bonner Creek (WBC) last year we popped over to the Boardwalk which is very close for a lunch and walk around.

In a couple days we will be back at WBC for a week, my kids are teens now and we will be there for the first time all together plan is to go for an early lunch at Beaches and Cream in BC on Boardwalk.

Even when we stay at a Disney hotel we do not take the ME back to the airport ~taxis and now ubers for us its worth the extra expense to us. I just can't get there that many hours early for our flight home. Plus, we all have TSA prechecks.

I forgot to mention that another lunch possibility is private dining AKA room service. It's particularly decadent feeling on last day and gives you an opportunity to pack leisurely if you're not the type who packs the night before OR you've been sick and you know nobody else is gonna double check every drawer and closet and maybe even separate dirty clothes from clean...not that this has ever happen to me:crutches:.

Oh no! I hate being sick on vacation. :( If we had a late check out room service would be a great option. I love room service.

When I stay at AKL and have a late flight like yours I head off to AK. It is so close! I might ride Safari that day and maybe Dinosaur but mainly I just wander around and soak in the atmosphere. Even if I only have time for lunch I will grab barbecue and sit in the back by the water and enjoy the view. Or wander Pandora one last time, watch the dancers and have a beer at Dawa or at Nomads Lounge. It is my little way of saying goodby to the magic. Strictly atmospheric. With a nice lunch

That sounds nice, DH would love it. I am sort of a spazz when I travel. Being in the parks might be too much for me. :blush: :lmao:

I think it also depends who's in your party.

If I was with DH and young kiddos I would feel most relaxed staying put at AKL but when it was just me and one of kids when they were young we would go somewhere close to where we were staying.

When at GF and WL we went to MK to get in our last park time.

When we stayed at Wyndham Bonner Creek (WBC) last year we popped over to the Boardwalk which is very close for a lunch and walk around.

In a couple days we will be back at WBC for a week, my kids are teens now and we will be there for the first time all together plan is to go for an early lunch at Beaches and Cream in BC on Boardwalk.

Even when we stay at a Disney hotel we do not take the ME back to the airport ~taxis and now ubers for us its worth the extra expense to us. I just can't get there that many hours early for our flight home. Plus, we all have TSA prechecks.

It'll be just DH and myself. :cloud9:

We have Global Entry and hopefully pre-check unless it's our 1/10 time this trip to not get pre-check. How long do you think it would take to get back to MCO on a Friday afternoon via Lyft? DH hates being super early at the airport.

It'll be just DH and myself. :cloud9:

We have Global Entry and hopefully pre-check unless it's our 1/10 time this trip to not get pre-check. How long do you think it would take to get back to MCO on a Friday afternoon via Lyft? DH hates being super early at the airport.[/QUOTE]

I usually call the uber at the two hour mark of our flight departure and even during rush hour we got from Disney property to MCO more than an hour before boarding time.

But if you will be checking your watch and anxious it won't be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter