Favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant!!

I think since we have a group of 8, we are unique, finding a place we all enjoy. We aren't crazy about BOG, LTT and the Plaza, we do go to CRT for special occasions. We like Columbia Harbour House, since it's got A/C and you can kinda escape the crowd without the high end price tag. We like Casey's Corner but it's so chaotic, we used to like Pecos Bills when you could make your own. There was a sandwich shop next door at one point, it was fine. We are just missing that place that we all just get excited about! We will give Skipper Canteen a try, hoping to love it as a group! We could leave the park, but we are looking for a place in the park, like we have at other parks. Thanks everyone, so many suggestions!

My favorite MK restaurant is taking a break and going the The Wave at CR or Geyser Point at WL. 8-)

But if I have to stay in the park, then Skipper Canteen gets my vote.

how would you get to Geyser Point? sorry, new to this idea. How long of a trip to it? Also, do we need reservations?

My husband and I were just talking about this tonight! We don’t have a super favorite MK lunch spot either. This last trip we took the boat to WL for lunch. It was such a nice break and refreshed us for the rest of the day. We ate at Roaring Forks, but Geyer Point is great too!

We also did The Wave and Grand Floridian Cafe on our other MK days. To me, stepping out for a couple hours or so is worth it! Much better food options!

No favorites at MK, but we used to like Liberty Tree Tavern when Chip 'n' Dale hung out there, We can usually find something for everyone to eat at Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill's. The Pinocchio Village Haus can be fun if you get a seat overlooking the boats at It's a Small World.

Plaza was always our family favorite. We would always eat there twice each trip. When I was there in July, the menu was really limited and it was actually the worst meal I had the whole trip. I’m not going to let 24 years of excellent meals there be marred by one bad experience, so I’m going to stick with Plaza as my favorite MK restaurant. We also ate at Skipper Canteen and it was good, but not as good as I was hoping based on all the reviews I saw. My parents and wife loved it though, so we’ll be going back. QS I like Pecos Bill best.

For those of you who recommended Skipper Canteen, can you give me some specific recommendations, please? I've vowed to try it next time since my previous favorite, LTT, has changed their menu I have a fairly small appetite, and don't like spicy food Thinking of the appetizer with corn pancakes (or whatever they're called)

For those of you who recommended Skipper Canteen, can you give me some specific recommendations, please? I've vowed to try it next time since my previous favorite, LTT, has changed their menu I have a fairly small appetite, and don't like spicy food Thinking of the appetizer with corn pancakes (or whatever they're called)

I had the "Tastes Like Chicken Because It Is." It has a delicious chili sauce drizzled over it.

MK is my least favourite park for food. I have no must do's. CRT, BOG are decent, and I enjoyed Skipper's Canteen, but need a second visit before I decide it is for me. The only QS I rate is Peco Bills.

MK is a great place for snacks though!

I agree that it's tough to find a "must eat there" option at MK (but I'm starting to feel that way about the other's not named EPCOT, too). I kinda like Skipper, I kinda like LTT, I kinda like Tony's (I feel like the only one) but the only MK restaurant reservation I look forward to with eager anticipation is CRT (though I wonder why when they bring the bill).
I do enjoy a pedestrian flat bread pizza at Pinocchio's if I can sit in the IASW windows and I really like CHH, too. We like to boat over to one of the three (GF, Poly, WL) for a 3:30 late lunch/ early supper on MK days.

We really enjoyed Skipper Canteen. I didn’t think the kids would like it, but they did!

The chicken at Skipper Canteen is great and I like the chili sauce, it is spicy so ask for it on the side. Then if you like the sauce you can add it to the chicken and if you don't then you can still enjoy the chicken. I think the secret menu item of Brazilian cheese bread is back and that is fantastic.

One of my favorite meals in any of the parks or resorts is the spicy chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow.

One of my favorite meals in any of the parks or resorts is the spicy chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow.
I also wanted to post that sleepy hollow is likely my favorite place to eat in park for magic kingdom. My family loves the fruit Nutella waffle, the spicy chicken waffle, and also enjoyed the corn dog. Limited menu but have really enjoyed eveything ive tried.

Nope, no real favorite at MK, except Skipper Canteen, and only really for the interaction with the skippers. Hubby has loved all this entrees, but for me, the food is fine/good, but not great, BUT the servers are HILARIOUS! total Jungle Cruise schtick, and make it a super fun experience. Price wise, not a lot more than QS, so we've been opting for skipper over QS.
Hubby USED to love BOG when they had QS for lunch, but that's no more. Our go to QS is Columbia Harbour House, but it's just meh. Pecos Bill was ok last time. I do love the tots from Friar's nook. Also finally tried Sleepy Hollow, and it was good, but for a snack, not meal.

That’s good, and you can request it without the chili sauce if you avoid spicier foods.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, how spicy the chili sauce might be Good to know I can order the chicken without the sauce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter