• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite meals

Breakfast item-Dark chocolate waffles at Captain's Grille
Lunch item-Kobe burger or Seared Miso Salmon at Yak & Yeti
Dinner -Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib at Tiffins, Rack of Lamb at Yachtsman, Roasted Lamb Chops at BOG,
App -Roasted Beet Salad at Artist Point
Dessert-Caramel Apple Pie A La Mode at The Plaza, Bread Pudding at Tusker, Bread and Butter Pudding and Fluffy Lemon Clouds at Raglan Road, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT (I very rarely eat dessert when not on vacation-then I go a little (lot) crazy.)
Snack-Macaron ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces

Breakfast Item - Can't help as I don't eat breakfast
Lunch Item - Turkey leg / Ham and cheese croissant @ Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
Dinner - Filet with mushroom risotto @ Le Cellier
App - Escargot @ Les Chefs de France
Dessert - Lemon Meringue ice cream @ L'Artisan des Glaces / Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream @ Ample hills Creamery
Snack - Cinnamon Glazed Almonds

Breakfast: can I say The Wave buffet? Specifically sweet potato pancakes with honey pecan butter, grits with tillamook cheddar cheese and bacon, and all the bacon I can eat.
Non-buffet, quiche Lorraine and a strawberry tart from Les Halles.

Lunch: Lamb shawarma platter from Tangierine cafe. Hands down one of my favorite food things of any kind at WDW and an annual must-do.

Dinner: Pizza (Margherita or Quattro formaggi), strawberry aqua Fresca and tiramisu at Via Napoli.

App: Well, it apparently no longer exists (unless things have changed recently) but the crab cakes formerly at Flying Fish.

Dessert: Dessert trio at Brown Derby, with my favorite choices being the chocolate mascarpone sphere, amaretto flan, and vanilla crime brûlée.

Snack: gotta go with the classic - Mickey Bar!

Breakfast item - any fruit danish (we come from UK so unusual breakfast item for us)
Lunch item - Via Napoli pizza metro
Dinner - Narcoossee's filet mignon
App - don't eat apps in WDW (I need room for dessert)
Dessert - Ohana bread pudding/Narcoossee's almond crusted cheesecake - can I have half of each?
Snack - Fruit and nutella waffle

That almost makes me sad that I will never experience the awesomeness of a Mickey bar! I have a dairy allergy unfortunately, however I will be sure to remember the Mickey bar tantrum trip in a few months with my kids. Very funny and persuasive post. Thanks for the smile!
I am sorry that you have a dairy allergy.

There are people for whom Dole Whips are their version of Mickey Bars. As I recall, no dairy in Dole Whip.

That almost makes me sad that I will never experience the awesomeness of a Mickey bar! I have a dairy allergy unfortunately, however I will be sure to remember the Mickey bar tantrum trip in a few months with my kids. Very funny and persuasive post. Thanks for the smile!

I'll offer the contrasting view of it, hopefully, it'll make you feel better, but I know I'm about to get destroyed for my opinion, Mickey bars are common as hell. They like chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bars you'd encounter in grade school. From a culinary experience, nothing interesting. Lots of people love them for the nostalgia pov.

It's more of an adult throwing a tantrum.

My grandparents could barely afford to take my sister & I to Disney in the 1970's, but they made it happen.

One way to make Disney more affordable was by letting kids have the less expensive frozen chocolate-covered banana instead of a Mickey Bar.

I have been blessed with the ability to afford Mickey Bars for myself & family.

And there is no tantrum that my child has ever thrown that could not be resolved with a Mickey Bar. (For the record, my wife likely has had more tantrums at Disney than our child).

And my wife, she will never grab her own Mickey Bar, but will gladly take 'just a small bite' from a husband who is in all his glory, save for the small bite of Mickey Bar that he can no longer consume.

The pretzels are sometime cold. The popcorn is all too often salty. But nothing is ever wrong with a Mickey Bar.

Take it from an expert - the freshest ones are eaten for breakfast in the Hub in front of Cinderella's Castle - and are the best ones at any Park.

But no matter the Park - the Ears are sweeter than the rest of the treat.

I love this story. I don't agree about the Mickey bars, but I'll have love for the cr, and Marrakech, due to experiencing them so often as a kid. The beauty of wdw is the way we can all make it our own, right?

Breakfast - Mickey Waffles with fruit topping
Lunch - Tuna Nicoise Salad from BOG
Dinner - Kona Cafe Lamb Chops
App - Sanaa Bread Service (also a lunch, dinner, snack, breakfast...any day/any time!)
Dessert- Crema Bavaria at San Angel Inn
Snack- Kaki Gori with condensed milk topping

Breakfast item: Pooh's Puffed French Toast @ CP or Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe
Lunch item: Turkey Sandwich at BoG
Dinner: Pot Roast at 50's Prime Time
App: We don't really order apps when we go but the one we did was the Naan bread service with all the dips/spreads and that was awesome
Dessert: The Grey Stuff at BoG or Apple Crisp at 50's Prime Time
Snack: Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hollow or any cart that sells shaved ice (Eric's Market Place in MK has the best flavors)

Breakfast item - French toast bread pudding with praline sauce at Boma; other mornings, caramel peanut apples from the sweet shops in the parks
Lunch item - Cobb salad at HBD Lounge or tofu lo mein at Yak & Yeti
Dinner - Vegetarian enchiladas at La Hacienda
App - ?? (don't usually order apps, but I do love the butternut squash soup at Boma)
Dessert - Bread pudding at 'Ohana (but not from there - next time I will go to the Poly lounge that serves it); also the vanilla bean cheesecake at WP Express Marketplace
Snack - Strawberry sundae or orange smoothie at Aunty Gravity's in MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter