Favorite Moderate Resort?

Pinboys

<font color=red>Can drink Ice Station Cool dry
Just wonderin' what everyone's favorite moderate resort was and the reasons why. Let's compare Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Caribbean Resort, Coronado Resort. We have a chance to stay at one of these for three nights and want to see what people think. Thanks!! :)

Having never stayed at a moderate I cant tell you what the rooms are like but I have seen or walked around all of them and out of the four I like PO-R the best. I would have to say the alligator bayou section would be my favorite, the grounds are beautiful and from what I hear the whole resort has a boat that goes to dowtown disney that is fun.

Definately Coronado Springs! It's the only moderate I am interested in staying at again. We loved it.

Of all the moderates, CSR has

-the best pool and waterslide (nobody else is even close)
-the best playground
-the HUGEST hot tub (out of all WDW resorts, I think)
-the best food court (wonderful food and tons of choices, not just icky fast food type stuff)
-the only really good sit-down restaurant at a mod, The Maya Grill
-the best bus transportation by far!
-the best carried out theme and the most attention to detail
-the most incredible landscaping
-the most recreation options

CSR also just has a really nice and romantic laid-back feel that seems a million miles away from the other parks. It feels much more like a deluxe resort. Even thought it is a very large resort, it is so well designed that it doesn't feel like it. Every path is beatifully laid-out and landscaped and it is easy to get around. It never, ever feels crowded or hectic.

Some people don't seem to like the conventions, but they have never been a problem to us. We hardly notice them. It is still a very "Disney" resort with lots of families and kids running around, and a few people with name tags on doesn't change that at all. In fact, we have found the fact that it is partly a convention resort to be a plus! The convention people don't generally use the pools, hot tub, bikes, bus transportation, etc. - so it is never crowded!

We enjoyed Port Orleans (French Quarter), but it is a distant second to CSR. The best things about POFQ were the boat to Downtown Disney and it's small and intimate size. It had a very cozy feel.

We didn't really care much for Dixie Landings (PO Riverside). We thought it was pretty boring.

We disliked Carribean Beach so much that we left after only one night. It was too big and sprawling and it seemed run down. We thought the buildings were really ugly. They looked like apratment complexes.

We will definately be back at CSR, though. We even liked it more than the Poly and the Swan. The only resort we have stayed in that we loved more is the Wilderness Lodge.

Having stayed at all 4 I would pick Coronado Springs. We liked the pool, landscaping, bus service and Pepper Market. I have noticed that they are not included in the codes this year. If I wanted to use a code I would pick PORS (old DL). That resort has beauiful landscaping and a great pool also.

Caribbean Beach is my favorite moderate because:

I like having a main pool and several quiet pools
Old Port Royale
Landscaping and great theming
Being able to sit in hammocks on the "beaches"
Great resort to walk around
Activities (Bikes, boats)

We love the french quarter!! It's smaller and the theming is SOoo fun! Felt like a week long party!

My DGrD loved the dragon slide at the pool and I loved the short walk to our room after a long day of walking at the parks. We were in bldg. 1 which is considered one of the further away bldgs. and it was less then 5 mins. to food court, arcade,bus,etc.
The boat ride to DD was great fun and the "theming" of this resort is really neat - a real mardi gras feel to it. Staff at check in were great. I can't wait to go back in September.

I don't think you can go wrong with a choice, it's more what you want the hotel theme to be. I have to say PO-R (Dixie Landings for us Die Hards) has the best theme to me, I love sitting in a rocking chair, listening to crickets and enjoying the atmosphere. But I agree that Coronado is the best for food, pool and playgrounds. Hope you enjoy your trip.:D

So far, I've only stayed at Dixie Landings and CBR. Really did not like CBR at all, but Dixie Landings was lovely! We're staying at the CSR for the first portion of this visit--we can't wait!!!

BK

Just wanted to add that, in addition to the wonderful pyramid pool, Coronado Springs also has lovely quiet pools, one in each of the three sections.

Port Orleans/French Quarter........everything about it, it's just perfect!!!
The size is just right..the pool is great...the bartender at the pool knows me (not good), it's a little piece of paradise!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

#1 Coronado Springs
-best pool and waterslide
-nice quiet pools
-best playground
-biggest hot tub
-best food court
-3 different sections to choose from
-newest
-best bus service
-spa/gym/hair salon
-room service (more than just pizza)
CONS
-Large

#2 Port Orleans (French Quarter)
-small
-great theme
-great pool and hot tub
-romantic
-beautiful landscaping and courtyards
-good bus service
-boat to Downtown Disney
CONS
-No sit down restaurant:(

Tie #3 Carribean Beach Resort and Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings)
-Beautiful landscaping
-good pools
-nice playgrounds
-romantic (Mansions and beach w/hammocks)
-pretty good bus service
-Can't wait for the new CBR sit down restaurant-it needs it
CONS
-You can see Pop Century from CBR:(
-Large

Every so often someone asks this question. My opinion is, you are never going to get a definitive answer. The amenities, rooms, etc. are basically the same at all the moderates. The theme is the big difference. Choose the theme you like that best.

So far it has been PO-R, but the Alligator Bayou side, not the mansion side.

We liked how convenient our building (14) was to the main building, the bus stop, the pools (both quiet and main pool, ) and laundry. To us it was very peaceful and rustic. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The food court was very nice, and the food was good. We also rented paddle boats and took them out on the Sassagoula river, which was very fun! The boat to DTD is a nice plus, as well. We never have had trouble with the bus transporation to the parks, either.

We liked the theming, and the size of the rooms in CBR, but not how far we had to walk to the main building, and we weren't fond of the food court and the pool was pretty small. The quiet pools were nice, as were the watercraft rentals, and children's play areas. I hear they are refurbishing the main building, so perhaps that will help with the food court problem.

We are staying at PO-FQ this October, and I look forward to that. We have yet to stay at CSR.

Stayed PO in mansions wanted alligator bayou was told that bayou was the
best place to stay. Mansion was nice close to bus stop pool was nice kids enjoyed it
was a little too crowded for my likes bar very close to pool adults liked that
food court was good and service quick

I have never stayed at CSR, but have stayed at CBR and PO Riverside. I like PO Riverside better because it wasn't as crazy as CBR seemed to be. Plus everything seems a lot more convenient at PO and soooooooo laid back. You can get entranced just by walking by the big water wheel and seeing the ducks floating by. It's beautiful there. CBR did have a cool pool and okay foodcourt, but it was packed and we went at value season! PO just seems better overall to me. Hope you find what you are looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter