Favorite place to eat a steak

A little off property the Gaylord Palms has Ol Hickory.
Gaylord has other properties with Ol Hickory, Opryland Hotel, Texan in Grapevine
You won't be disappointed.

I'm pretty picky about steaks too. I've read/heard many people say that Le Cellier is good for steaks, but I had a tough steak there back in the day, (probably about 6 years ago now), and have never wanted to spend that much money to chance a bad steak again.

That said, I had a wonderful meal at Chefs De France, so am in agreement with those suggesting that restaurant.

If it opens any time soon, we love the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. Very relaxed, great steaks, and lower priced than some of the other locations

We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was a wonderful dining experience - not rushed and great service with good food. We'll be back again.

What & where is CAPA?
As Ross said, it's at the Four Seasons (MK area) on the top floor with fantastic views. It's a Spanish-style steakhouse and is so delicious with the famous Four Seasons service. They have a rooftop lounge that is stunning (particularly at sunset) - though I have not been post-COVID so I am not sure of how they are handling seating out there. There's also a deck off the restaurant and, when/if they return, you could see MK fireworks (they do not pipe in music) - can see EPCOT's too but further in the distance. The servers were great about timing our meal so we could step out and see them. It's a special night out, for sure. The resort, overall, is beautiful so worth leaving some time to explore.

Last edited:
California Grill. Just avoid Le Cellier at all costs. It was the worst steak I had ever eaten. Extremely salty and overcooked.

The Boat House’s steak and frites were really well done (as in well made... the steak was a perfect medium rare).

I second Coral Reef. My son and I aren't big seafood fans, but he loves to sit by the aquarium. :) I always get the steak and he chooses either pork or chicken.

Cali Grill, Chefs de France, and the steak salad at Kona Cafe is really good (albeit different).

Last edited:
cal grill lists

Oak-fired Filet of Beef*

Root Vegetable-Apple Pavé, Leek Fondue, Fig-Onion Demi

im not into the fancy smanchy stuff that half the time i dont know what it is anyway, plus i really dont like figs nor leeks anyway. but can you just order something like the filet with a baked potato or veggie? for 60 bucks i was hoping i could customize:

kids can get
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes

Steamed Green Beans
and id be happy with those.

cal grill lists

Oak-fired Filet of Beef*

Root Vegetable-Apple Pavé, Leek Fondue, Fig-Onion Demi

im not into the fancy smanchy stuff that half the time i dont know what it is anyway, plus i really dont like figs nor leeks anyway. but can you just order something like the filet with a baked potato or veggie? for 60 bucks i was hoping i could customize:

kids can get
Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes

Steamed Green Beans
and id be happy with those.
California Grill tends to skew a little more exotic. If you're looking for more of a traditional steakhouse with more traditional sides, Shula's (over at the Dolphin) might be a safer bet. The steaks and sides there are fantastic. The mashed potatoes may have been the best I've ever had anywhere.
That said, I recommend trying California Grill. You may end up liking the sides/garnishes. I've certainly tried things there and at other WDW Signature restaurants that I would not otherwise have eaten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter