Favorite (Present Day) Disney Tip

Just returned and a couple items to add:

If you are visiting during MNSS or the Christmas parties AND are not attending and IF you have park hoppers go to MK during the day. Crowds are minimal! If you can swing it watch the fireworks from outside the park.

Portable potty seats...not just for small children! Great solution if you are nervous about germs. Use lysol or dawn to clean them back in your room.

Have a small bottle of dawn in your bathroom for mug washing, stain removal etc.

Use instacart or similar for some money, timw and space saving. Having cereal and granola bars in room made mornings so easy.

Take a nap then stay up late! You are on vaca why not!

If you want genie+ divide and conquer it. One adult purchases it just after midnight then sleeps in in the morning while another adult is in charge of getting up for 7 to book the must do attraction. 7am adult gets out the breakfast items you had delivered out and ready for consumption while they get an extra few minutes of shut eye or shower time in.

Plan what you are wearing the night before, leave it out so everyone can get dressed without asking what to wear and having multiple arms in the suitcases all at the same time.

Eat the treat! You will be walking enough to burn it off!

What is a mid day drop?

Disney sometimes releases extra time slots for popular rides during day. So a ride can be booked up on Genie+ at 7am and then at some point during the day, more times become available. This can happen due to people canceling reservations as well, but you get more openings when Disney drops them. The thing is that Disney alters their schedule often to keep it semi-random so it takes some work to find out which rides might get some additional genie+ drops and at what time.

Consider a split stay. I never knew this was a possibility, let alone how easy it actually is and how you can use it to your advantage. Disney will transfer your luggage within Disney resorts, all you have to do is check out, go to the park, and then head to the new resort when your room is ready. I love split stays because I hate buses, so we now plan our stays with a few days at one of the Epcot resorts and then a few nights somewhere on the monorail, which limits our bus trips A LOT.

Consider a split stay. I never knew this was a possibility, let alone how easy it actually is and how you can use it to your advantage. Disney will transfer your luggage within Disney resorts, all you have to do is check out, go to the park, and then head to the new resort when your room is ready. I love split stays because I hate buses, so we now plan our stays with a few days at one of the Epcot resorts and then a few nights somewhere on the monorail, which limits our bus trips A LOT.

Wow, you may have literally just changed my next year's vacation plan! I have always wanted to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals, but I always end up choosing the Boardwalk for convenience to HWS and Epcot. This way I can do both!! Mind Blown!

For tired achy legs at the end of the day…Tiger Balm! It smells like eucalyptus and it stains fabric but that stuff works! Available on Amazon.
This trip I stayed in a DVC 2 bedroom for the first time (after owning DVC for 13 years)…OMG the jacuzzi tub! Game changer! DH and I joked the whole trip “we’re gonna need more points!”

We usually go back to the room midday, when we have the grandkids with us (they need downtime). I like to put a few inches of cold water in the tub, add a bucket or two of ice, and soak my feet for 5-10 minutes. Then I dry, and moisturize, and put on clean socks and shoes. I do the same thing at night as well; I'll shower, then throw some ice water in the tub and soak them again. I also rotate shoes; we drive so I take 5 pairs (one pair flip flops for pool use; 4 pair for park wear). I'll wear pair A the first day in the morning; pair B that afternoon; pair C in the morning day 2, and D that afternoon. I'll throw some shoe powder in them after they dry out to help combat the stink (ugh sweaty feet :crazy2:), and if there is a balcony that is covered, I'll put them outside to air out. I rarely have hot spots and overnight pain when I do this.

BodyGlide is my usual go-to for chafing, but I also grab some Monkey Butt powder (yellow can is unscented and cornstarch; pink is lightly scented and is talc). I use that between the thighs, around the thigh/behind crease, the lower lower back, and up under 'the girls' to help with chafing and sweating; also in my socks.
@dopeynme My husband swears by Tiger Balm. He has used it for 30+ years. I hate the way it smells, and you can never get the smell completely out of some fabrics...so use with caution!

My other tip: wear moisture wicking clothing, that dries easily. Polyester or a poly-nylon or spandex blend is the best; they dry quickly and are light and breathable. Don't use fabric softeners/dryer sheets or bleach with them, and it's better to use a powder detergent, cold water and low heat to dry. We have zip-off shorts, tshirts, long sleeve button up shirts (also known as camp shirts, they have an opening in the back for airflow), and hats made of moisture wicking, SPF poly blends that we wear to the parks or other outdoor adventures. It's easy to remove the legs from the shorts and take off the button up shirt when it's hot, and put them back on when the sun goes down and it starts to cool off, or to cover up tender skin from the sun.

I'm currently preparing for my December trip, but these tips have helped me save space, time, or money
  • Collapsible water bottles!!! Airport food and water is expensive, and bottled water at the park is also expensive. It's also important to stay hydrated, so one of the things I like to get each year is a collapsible water bottle that I can throw into my park bag without taking up much room. Top it off with ice water from quick service or fountain water (I honestly can't taste much of a difference, so either works), and it's a great way to stay hydrated without carrying 50 bottles around.
  • Non-vacuum compression bags - these definitely save quite a bit of space in your suitcase, and they can be used to keep clothes organized by day or by category to make unpacking easier. It might not be the best if you hate wrinkles, but if you are the type of person who wants to stuff your suitcase with all the souveniers, these work amazing.
  • Tiger Balm/CBD balm/muscle spray - I'm seconding this tip by @dopeynme. You're going to be sore, and having pain relief readily available is a lifesaver. Tiger Balm also comes in clear if you are worried about staining clothes.
  • Peppermint lotion for your feet - It's similar to the tiger balm tip, but your feet are going to be swollen, but the feeling of putting on cold peppermint lotion on your feet is going to feel amazing. You can also put it in the mini-fridge for extra cooling power. If you're worried about making a mess, Amazon also has cheap foot mask socks thay take up less space than lotion (just be careful you don't get the peeling ones. I just found a set of 8 tea tree and pepperming masks for $20).
  • Sewing/craft scissors - get a sharp pair with a hard cover and pack this in your bag. It's so useful from cutting moleskin and kinesthetic tape to removing labels. Trust me - the one time you don't pack scissors is the time you're going to buy moleskin.
  • Thigh bands - especially if you are plus sized like me and love dresses. Chub rub is real, but there are fabric bands that you can buy that you place over your thighs to prevent chafing. These have been lifesavers and have survived longer for me than any other type of antichafe product.

Another tip I'm using this trip is to use a portable umbrella as shade when you can't find any! I usually pack an umbrella in my park bag in case of rain, and never thought to use it as shade!
I always do this when I am on a cruise. Saved me from heat stroke! :)

I buy my giftcards from Target.com and samsclub.com they are always digital. I take a screen shot of the digital card .. then I combine them to that main card. (and erase it off disneygiftcards.com)
I make the giftcard screenshot my background on my phone.
I was told by so many CMs how helpful it was because it was so quick.

I like to bring decorations for my window/door. (depending on where you are staying) It is so much easier to find your room among the sea of doors. lol

I also love the idea to put on your patience pants. Things may not work out as they sometimes do. Don't fret and just enjoy the magic around you. Take in that "Pixie Dust" Disney has to offer. pixiedust:

for any hotel stay.... I always have a tiny dollar tree fake candle in my toiletries bag(they're like 2/1.25) b/c I don't want to turn on bathroom light at night, I've found they tend to last for a year or two depending on how often I travel, just turn it on and set in bathroom for a nightlight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter