Favorite princess meal?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
What's your family's favorite princess meal? My friend has a 5 yr old DD who has never been to WDW and they want to book a princess meal. She doesn't have a favorite, so any princesses will fit the bill. I'm a bit out of the loop, as my "princess" is 19 now.

Thanks for your suggestions!

After doing CRT and Akershus, I preferred the latter. The meal was better, more unique and I thought the interaction was longer, however, CRT allows you to go IN the castle and that is pretty darn cool. If looking to meet princesses, Fairytale Hall is great because they offer FP+ and it's usually not a hard 5/6/7th/etc. FP+ to get throughout the day.

If seeing a variety of princesses is important to you, then Akershus lunch or dinner gets my vote. The food is much better than CRT (at lunch/dinner that is; breakfast at Akershus is just an overpriced scrambled eggs platter that I cannot recommend), and it is less expensive than CRT.

BUT, that said, my all time favorite princess character meal is 1900 park fare dinner. You meet Cinderella, the prince, Lady Tremaine, and the stepsisters, and sometimes fairy godmother. They have a lovely "show" where Cinderella dances with her prince in the center of the room while parents dance with their kids, and they villains are really hilarious and entertaining. But that is only at dinner; there are totally different characters at breakfast/brunch.

1900 Park Fare is our favorite Princess Meal hands down! Honestly we do not like eating at the Castle. It is very rushed, the food is not great, it is so loud, and the interaction with the princess is not the best! At 1900 Park Fare the Step Sisters are the best and you get Prince Charming too! The food I think is better as well!

The castle is special, but for less money and better food you could go to Akershus. I would only pick breakfast at either of them.

The castle hands down. For the experience~ it is so special. My daughter did both the castle and Akershus at around 5 years old and while she has been many times since, has never once asked to go to Akershus again. She is now 19 years old and still, the first question she always asks when we tell them we're planning another trip is- can we eat in the castle.
The food is actually good- better than expected. They also cater to you- if there is something you want that isn't on the menu- simply ask. Our waiter has taken non menu orders the past several trips. We have eaten there probably 10-11 times and never once left disappointed.
For my daughter - especially at the age of 5- it was all about the experience- eating in 'THE' castle - nothing beats it! It is magical at any age- but 5 year old little girls- that is the perfect age!

We have done CRT and Akershus.

Dining in the castle is special. What’s more magical than eating in Cinderella Castle? I think every princess loving girl should eat there at least once.

But ... we actually prefer Akershus. I was skeptical the first time we chose it over CRT but we LOVED it. It’s a little more laidback and the little princess parade they do is so cute. Akershus is now our go-to, but we may do CRT again someday for a special occasion.

What's your family's favorite princess meal? My friend has a 5 yr old DD who has never been to WDW and they want to book a princess meal. She doesn't have a favorite, so any princesses will fit the bill. I'm a bit out of the loop, as my "princess" is 19 now.

Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table would be my vote, great food and awesome interactive experience

Akershus breakfast and Bon Voyage breakfast are both great options for good food and meeting princesses. We like that you also get to meet a couple of princes at the Bon Voyage breakfast. For us, the character interaction at Bon Voyage has been the better option between these two restaurants.

I will also add that my daughter was super shy with the princesses, so they really only posed for a photo with her bc she wasn't' answering any of their questions so they moved on quickly. I feel like if your child is more outgoing they will spend more time there, wherever you go. I still got great photos regardless and had a great time :)

My dd is 6 and LOVED CRT. We also did akershus and the Bon Voyage breakfast. Honestly, I thought the food was fine at all if them. I personally make better Swedish meatballs than akershus, and the steak at CRT was on par with a chain steak restaurant but the blue cheese butter was nicely done and the shrimp were perfectly prepared. Our waiter was outstanding (i ordered a drink and tipped him an additional amount) and we had a lovely table under a window overlooking castle couture and Cinderella’s fountain. Bon Voyage was fun but not that “wow” experience that CRT is.

My rankings of the various Princess meals, based on what your priority might be:

Food
1. Akershus
2. Bon Voyage
3. 1900 Park Fare
4. CRT
With kids (or adults that eat like kids, like yours truly), Akershus breakfast is the safer option, but lunch and dinner have enough variety there that even the pickiest eaters should find SOMETHING satisfying. Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno is the non buffet/AYCTE option here, and I've found the menu is more customizable/flexible than would first appear.

Character interaction
1a. Bon Voyage
1b. 1900 Park Fare
3a. Akershus
3b. CRT
I think the interactions at BV and PF are more personal and entertaining than Akershus/CRT, but they also largely depend on your interest in the characters. If you're not a fan of Cinderella, then at least CRT offers the other four Princesses, whereas 1900 is all Cinderella-focused characters (though on a personal level, one of my all-time favorite character interactions was with Lady Tremaine, who sat down with me and started interviewing me as a prospective suitor for her daughters).

Setting
1. CRT
2. Akershus
3. 1900 Park Fare
4. Bon Voyage
This is where CRT shines. There's nothing quite like eating IN the castle. The greeting area for Cinderella on the first floor is well-themed, and the dining room is beautiful -- and if you get a window seat, you get an amazing park view. It's really hard to separate the other three from each other, so YMMV on putting any one of them above another.

Even though it comes in "last" in two of my three rankings, I'd honestly recommend CRT for a first-timer, because you get to meet five different princesses (usually Cinderella as the greeter, with Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Jasmine making the rounds in the dining room), and eating in the castle is such a magical experience. There's something special about walking down Main Street, seeing the castle and realizing THAT'S where you're eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter