Favorite private car service from MCO to Cape Canaveral hotel? Recommendation for transfer and hotel? Good/bad experiences!

nswift

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the
My DH and I, along with DD and DSIL, grand kids (g'son, g'dgtr (8 and 10) are arriving MCO, for EC on the Fantasy April 29, 7 day and are so excited. Hoping for recommendations for private car transfers...well, SUV for our family size. Limo if necessary, but we know an SUV will hold us and our luggage. No vans! lol. If you have a company (or driver) that you particularly enjoyed, please let us know! If you had a bad experience, that would be great information also! Thanks in advance for any recommendations or commentary.

Also trying to decide between hotels at the port if you have any recommendations.

Why no vans? You have six people plus luggage for six people. You'd be looking at a Chevy Suburban to try to squeeze everyone + luggage into to make it work and be somewhat comfortable for a ~60 minute drive.

If you do find a private service, also price out doing a one-way rental. It may be cheaper.

Last edited:

🤞Also price-out doing a one-way rental of a SUV. It could be cheaper than a private car service.
NEgeekymama, I was game for that but the husband, who would be the one that would be picking up and returning, really doesn't want to :-) I was hoping for some private transfer companies I haven't heard of...🤞

Tiffany Town Car for the win. We’ve used them for both WDW transport from & to MCO, and have used them for port transport (from WDW and then to MCO post cruise). Communication is fabulous (they text you night before and day off), vehicles are clean, drivers are very friendly, safe and prompt. Easy to book online. Payment is due ahead for day of service.

We've used Mears several times and have always had a great experience. There was 4 of us in a large SUV with a lot of luggage.

We had a great experience with Port to Port Shuttles (porttoportshuttles.com) after Christmas. We did a roundtrip from MCO to Port Canaveral and back to MCO after our cruise on the Wish. It’s a 14 passenger van, but you can request the van be a private shuttle. It was a comfortable ride and the driver, Kraig, is one of the owners along with his wife, Brenda.

Edited to add: we only had 4 people in our group, and while we didn’t request a private transfer, we had the van to ourselves.

Last edited:
On the way to the port now - used Ace Luxury. Prompt and great service! Did the 3 way transfer. Airport to hotel / resort. Resort to port. And next sat - Port to airport.

The Mears driver we used was great, but dealing with the company was a total cluster. I had to wait on the phone for hours to ask any questions, make changes, or fix anything. Then they usually still didn't do it right.

Used Tiffany Town Car recently. Definitely great service. Have used FL Tours in the past. Service was okay. We love the Courtyard by Marriott Titusville Kennedy Space Center hotel. It's a new hotel with great views of the Space Center. Good luck leaving without purchasing an astronaut star projector. We got 2 on our recent stay. $60 in box. $50 if you take the one in the room. Super cute.

We've used FL Magical Tours (not to be confused with FL Tours, they are different) several times and been extremely happy with the service.

Thank you all so much for your additional suggestions! It was harder than I thought it would be to find this information just by googling, even on youtube. Maybe I will make my own informative video all my research :-)

You've all been very helpful!

You might check "Orlando Magical Rides" on FB. We haven't personally used them, but it started from a group of CMs who were laid off during the Pandemic. They seriously get raving reviews and come across my FB newsfeed regularly.

I will def check out Orlando Magical Rides. I've never heard of them.
Thank you

Used Sunny’s last week to go Sanford to Dolphin return and they were great. Very flexible when our flight was delayed. They also do Canaveral. We are on the same cruise as you and will probably use them.

Are you getting in the day before the cruise or will you have some time in PC? We rented a car so we could drive to KSC the day before the cruise and found it very convenient. As for hotels, the Residence Inn was fine. Nothing remarkable, but convenient location, clean, and quiet. Especially good if you are a Bonvoy member or have Marriott points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter