• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite purchased souvenirs on Wonder, Cozumal, and CC

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
I want to make sure we get terrific, hopefully not too spendy, souvenirs for my DD's 17 and 15 and DH who won't be joining DS 12 and myself on our cruise.

What are some of your favorites that are either cruise or location specific?

:thanks:

I got a hoodie with sailor Minnie on it. this was five years ago and I still wear it. sadly, I have not liked any of the newer designs on their hoodies. the things they put on them now are to big for my liking. Minnie was just a smaller thing on the front of it.

but yeah, my favorite is my hoodie.

Tervis Tumblers, Christmas ornaments, and tees that are DCL specific are my favorites.

I got a super soft DCL logo t-shirt on the Wonder. A 5K pin and the Cinderella's Castle sand mold on CC. Went to Cozumel on the Magic the year prior and we walked over to the Mega for some pan dulce and they had real calaveras de azucar since it was right before Dia de Los Muertos!

My favorite stuff was the scrapbooking stuff, but that won't help you at all!

Cozumel has TONS of vendors. They are pretty aggressive at trying to get you to come into their store, and that can be taxing. But there is lots of neat stuff there. Lots of silver jewelery. Not sure how pure silver it all is, but I got a couple of bracelets for my neices and they love them and they still look good. There is also a lot of different candies than we have here.

I got a hoodie with sailor Minnie on it. this was five years ago and I still wear it. sadly, I have not liked any of the newer designs on their hoodies. the things they put on them now are to big for my liking. Minnie was just a smaller thing on the front of it.

but yeah, my favorite is my hoodie.

A hoodie would be great for any of them. Thanks! I'm guessing the DCL items are in line with park prices?

Tervis Tumblers, Christmas ornaments, and tees that are DCL specific are my favorites.

Cruise specific tees are a good idea. What's a Tervis Tumbler?

I got a super soft DCL logo t-shirt on the Wonder. A 5K pin and the Cinderella's Castle sand mold on CC. Went to Cozumel on the Magic the year prior and we walked over to the Mega for some pan dulce and they had real calaveras de azucar since it was right before Dia de Los Muertos!

I didn't even think abut treats from Mega in Cozumel. We just spent a week in Zihuatanejo and the coconut candy was a big hit.

5K pin. :thumbsup2 DS and I are planning on doing it.

My favorite stuff was the scrapbooking stuff, but that won't help you at all!

Cozumel has TONS of vendors. They are pretty aggressive at trying to get you to come into their store, and that can be taxing. But there is lots of neat stuff there. Lots of silver jewelery. Not sure how pure silver it all is, but I got a couple of bracelets for my neices and they love them and they still look good. There is also a lot of different candies than we have here.

Yes, good, I wasn't even thinking about store candy but thats perfect. I don't think the vendors are allowed on the beach at Nachi, unfortunately, I like the haggle. Sometimes they have the best treats too. The shops are a good idea. I believe the silver is good quality in Mexico. My oldest would enjoy earrings.

If you like to haggle there is a good area for that just a few blocks from the main shopping center right there outside the port. As you are walking down the dock from the ship, take a right on the main street. Walk 2 or 3 blocks and on your left there were some tents set up. We actually walked through this area to get to the parking area for our bus for the Playa Mia excursion. There were a dozen or so tents with different vendors in each. We got some embroidered Mexican dresses for my daughters there and they had lots of other Mexican hand crafts. The ladies I purchased from also had a lot of additional merchandise still bagged up in a cabinet so if you don't see what you like on display, just ask. They pulled out several bags of dresses for me to choose from and were more than willing to bargain on the price. Enjoy your cruise!

Love my Tervis tumblers!!! I have a new(er) tradition to bring one home from each cruise, so I'll pick up #3 when we cruise in May!

I love "useful" souvenirs, so we've also bought Tervis tumblers on the ship and at CC. Use them everyday - and they remind me of our cruises every time! Also love DCL specific tees and key chains.

We always get a Christmas ornament with the name of the ship from the gift shop on board and one at each port we stop in as well. We do this for every trip we take and we have a special "travel tree" that is just those ornaments. It is really fun to hang them each year with the kids and reminisce as we get ready for Christmas!

Tervis Tumblers are insulated cups that come in all kinds of designs. They have lids, can fit big straws, keep your drinks hot or cold for a good long time, and are made in the USA. :) Here's a picture of one we saw recently at Castaway Cay.

DSC_0485_zps8f3b1d36.jpg

Cinderella's Castle sand mold sounds good!

Tervis Tumblers are insulated cups that come in all kinds of designs. They have lids, can fit big straws, keep your drinks hot or cold for a good long time, and are made in the USA. :) Here's a picture of one we saw recently at Castaway Cay.

This is great! Thanks for the picture.

Are the Tervis Tumblers on the ship priced close to the same amount as off the ship?

My favorite souvenir of all time is my fish keychain.
$_35.JPG

I also love my CC Tervis cup. I use those two things almost everyday. And I have to get a DCL Christmas ornament on every cruise.

My favorite souvenir of all time is my fish keychain.

I also love my CC Tervis cup. I use those two things almost everyday. And I have to get a DCL Christmas ornament on every cruise.

I love my fish key chain (purchased on castaway cay). It makes me smile everytime I see it :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We will be on the Dream in May - first Disney cruise! Just hearing these suggestions have me excited to shop already! A D&B bag is already on my list, and definitely a Tervis!

BTW we live near where they make Tervis Tumblers and our son used to work there, and our cupboard is full of them and it's really all we use for cups! I can't wait to get one now from CC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter