Favorite QS in DL and DCA

DL:
Bengal BBQ - really like the skewers; they have good breadsticks too
French Market - Love their bread bowls. Also awesome sandwiches.
Galactic Grill - Burgers, etc, with lots of Star Wars theme. Best if you can get a table before Jedi Training so you can watch the show
Golden Horseshoe - Not my favorite food, but cool atmosphere and show. Usually have more available tables on the balcony
Hungry Bear - Not the best food, but basic burgers, etc
Plaza Inn- yummy fried chicken
Red Rose Tavern - So good! Love their cauliflower sandwich, also have pizzas and such for kids
Pizza Port - I really like the pasta, and they have Mickey pizza for kids

DCA:
Award Weiners - Hot dogs and such; some good options with special dogs, but basic plain ones are iffy.
Boardwalk pizza & pasta - good regular pizzas for kids, as well as more inventive pastas for adults
Corn Dog Castle - Hand dipped corn dogs
Flo's V8 Cafe - good homestyle food, and you can get a good view of the racers going by
Wharf area (Lucky Fortune cookery, Pacific Wharf Cafe, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill) - Multiple places that share the same seating area. But you have to wait in line for each, so pick one or split up adults.
Smokejumpers Grill - Basic burgers and chicken nuggets.

My kids have always loved Pizza Port in DL, not for the pizza but for the pasta. I myself would prefer Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta in DCA, again for the pasta, and my kids like that one too. Plaza Inn and French Market in DL have both been favorites over the years as well, but the kids' appreciation for French Market admittedly didn't really develop until probably around age 10. A breakfast favorite was the breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace. The breakfast offerings have moved to Rancho del Zocalo and except for the loss of the cinnamon roll french toast, we have all still been happy with that.

At DCA, in addition to the pasta place already mentioned, we visit Flo's in Carsland regularly. The boys also like several of the offerings at the Cozy Cones. If we have a desire for hot dogs, we go to Award Wieners which offers plenty of interesting options but also a plain dog for the picky. I've had renewed interest in Award Wieners since they switched back to all-beef hot dogs and put in a fryer and started serving french fries rather than bags of chips.

Bengal BBQ
French market
Plaza inn
Rancho del zocalo

Boardwalk pizza & pasta. For pasta & salad

Award wieners

If your kids love mac and cheese go to Pacific Wharf Cafe and get the Mac and Cheese breadbowl! It's a secret menu item and yum!!! All carbs! LOL

My niece loves the cheese dog (well not a dog, cheese on a stick) at the Corn Dog Castle in DCA and also the enchilada at Rancho in DL. She's 11, if that helps!

Well, which ones i like and which ones I actually go to are 2 different things.

Ones we frequent:

DCA: Smokejumpers Grill: good burgers and you can customize toppings.

Lucky Fortune Cookery: good rice bowls and decent price

Cocina Cucamonga: decent mex food next to Lucky Fortune so if people in your group want different things its a good place to eat.

DL:
Corn dog cart

I went to DL with 4.5 year old boy earlier this year and we ate at a few different CS locations.
French Market - The kid's chicken was really bland, he ended sharing the French Market Chicken (adult entree) with the adults and liking that.
Plaza Inn - He liked the fried chicken (adult entree), but didn't really like the pasta with red sauce (bland, watery).
Flo's - He liked the pasta salad that came as a side on the sandwich offerings and the roast beef and cheddar sandwich (we'd given up on the kid's meals at this point).
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta - he liked the plain cheese pizza (adult slice).

So much of the QS in DL and DCA is really good but my absolute favorites are:

DL: Plaza Inn

DCA: Corn Dog Castle, Pacific Warf Cafe, Cozy Cone chocolate dipped ice cream cone (I realize this is more of a snack, but it is where my mind immediately goes when I think of DCA)

We always get a clam chowder bread bowl at either pacific wharf in DCA or the harbor side place in DL. My kids love it.

Other than that, we do Rancho Zocolo in DL and breakfast sandwiches and drinks in the Starbucks. Our last few stays have been at GCH, so we get pizza/salad from white water snacks. Those are our usual stops. We also do a table service meal somewhere most days.

DCA:
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta + Garden Grill, which are right next to each other. This is the perfect combo for our family. Pizza for my son, and Mediterranean for my daughters, and I can share their chicken kabobs and pita bread or get pasta.

At DL:
- Little Red Wagon...love the hand dipped corn dogs
- French Market..the beef stew in the bread bowl was amazing the last time we ate there
- Golden Horseshoe for the show and the ice cream sundaes, the chili in a bread bowl is not bad too

At DCA:
- Corn Dog Castle...again love the hand dipped corn dogs
- Flo's V8 Cafe especially for breakfast..the brioche french toast is so good
- Smoke Jumper's Grill..had the chili cheese fries the last time and they were really good, along with a chocolate milk shake :goodvibes

If your kids love mac and cheese go to Pacific Wharf Cafe and get the Mac and Cheese breadbowl! It's a secret menu item and yum!!! All carbs! LOL

I always get the strangest looks from others in Pacific Wharf when I order this, haha! They're shocked one can order it. I always get mine on the side since I don't like my food touching.

Definitely my go to order unless I need protein. If I need protein, Bengal BBQ's chicken skewer is great. Not deep fried and white meat.

It's more of a snack, but I love love love getting a buttered corn on the cob especially on the Pier. Yeah, I can get them in DL, but in DCA it feels more like home.

Smokejumpers is my youngest son's favorite QS, and the rest of us do fine there as well. I order a patty on the side and then make a burger bowl with the toppings (recommended to do this by a CM since I can't have the regular bun or the GF bun due to multiple allergies). DH and my oldest make a little side salad from the toppings to go with their burgers.

My oldest is a fan of all things bread bowl (so Pacific Wharf, Royal Street Veranda, Harbor Galley). He also loves the corndogs. When my boys were really little DH and I would each get a bread bowl (pre-identifying allergies) and then give the "tops" to our toddlers, along with a few bites of whatever we were eating. You can also order a bread bowl without anything in it, and at Pacific Wharf you can buy a larger loaf of bread and they will slice it for you. We used to be able to get butter at Pacific Wharf, but the last two times they haven't had any, not even when asked.

All of us do well at Rancho Del Zocalo; my boys love the iced tea/soda refills. The food at Cocina Cucamonga is similar, but RDZ has more variety in the side of fajita veggies (I ask for fajita veggies instead of rice and beans). The downside with RDZ serving breakfast now is that they get started for lunch kind of late.

We eat at Galactic Grill more than I would like, it always seems like everyone is hungry and we are already in TL. I'd much rather have a burger bowl at Smokejumpers. Really, I don't think the food is worth bothering for, but it is nice if you catch the Jedi Training show.

Hungry Bear is basic, but not too expensive. We ate at Village Haus occasionally but haven't tried it as Red Rose Tavern.

We usually don't eat at Lucky Fortune, but when my boys were little LF offered one of the best kids' meals at DCA. My youngest loved every part of it. Plain rice, plain chicken, mandarin oranges, milk, and a fortune cookie (which he didn't eat since he has celiac disease).

If we choose to eat breakfast while at the parks (rather than before we go), we usually grab Starbucks or Jamba Juice. But eating breakfast before we go is one way we save money (on any trip, not just for DL). Also, not all QS restaurants have allergy menus at breakfast, and I don't like waiting for a chef to come out and explain what they can do (too much time, especially since allergy meals also take more time to prepare). DH did try the breakfast burrito once at Galactic Grill and said it was good.

Lots of carts have interesting food, more interesting than burgers and fries.

Many people love Flo's, we do not. The food was good when FL's first opened, but the two times we tried in this past year (late 2016/early 2017) the food was terrible. So bad that we had them remake a couple of dishes, and even the remakes were bad. The menu isn't the same as it was in 2012, either.

I'm not a fan of Pizza Port; I flat our refuse to buy pasta at restaurants as it is so cheap to make at home. The gluten free pizza isn't worth it, either.

At this point, we pretty much eat at Smokejumpers if we are in DCA, and RDZ if we are at DL, unless we have reservations somewhere. Lately, we've been eating breakfast at home, snacks in the parks (combo of brought from home and cheap popcorn), and then we eat a late lunch after we leave DL. We have to recoup the cost of our max pass add-ons, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter