Favorite QS "To Go"

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I'll have the QSDP in January. At the end of my time at Disney I will be moving to Royal Pacific Resort at Universal for three nights. I know from experience that I should have a leftover QS credit or two that I'd like to use for stuff to have at RPR. I was thinking one could be the CYO salad from my resort food court. Any suggestions for one more QS that travels well? I will have a fridge at RPR but no way to heat anything. Maybe a really great sandwich? I'll be grabbing pastries from Les Halles for breakfast.

Thanks!

I'll have the QSDP in January. At the end of my time at Disney I will be moving to Royal Pacific Resort at Universal for three nights. I know from experience that I should have a leftover QS credit or two that I'd like to use for stuff to have at RPR. I was thinking one could be the CYO salad from my resort food court. Any suggestions for one more QS that travels well? I will have a fridge at RPR but no way to heat anything. Maybe a really great sandwich? I'll be grabbing pastries from Les Halles for breakfast.

Thanks!

Sunshine Seasons in EP used to have some decent sandwiches in their line-up, but haven't checked there in awhile. Kringla Bakery might be a good choice, but you'll need something to put it in (ziplock bag or container). Earl of Sandwich at DS. Wolfgang Puck Express in DS has some sandwiches too and that might be an easier place to get it "to go."

Thanks for the replies!

Blaze pizza is my favourite take out. Are there no microwaves at all, like in a foodcourt? At RPR?

There is no food court at RPR. The rooms have a fridge so I'll stick to things that taste okay cold. I love the Universal parks but am not a big fan of the QS there.

There is no food court at RPR. The rooms have a fridge so I'll stick to things that taste okay cold. I love the Universal parks but am not a big fan of the QS there.

We stay at the Hardrock for Express pass, but we prefer Cabana Bay. The foodcourt at CB is awesome!

We stay at the Hardrock for Express pass, but we prefer Cabana Bay. The foodcourt at CB is awesome!

I've stayed at all three of the Express hotels and RPR is my favorite. I've heard a lot of good things about Cabana Bay but I almost never go out of my way for a meal when I'm visiting the theme parks-Disney or Universal. Maybe it's being from Louisiana but I've rarely been impressed with any of my meals at either. It's not terrible but not amazing either and waaaay over priced. Still, you have to eat so I usually go with convenience. I do think WDW has a definite edge with dining though IMHO.

The plan for Universal is TS for lunch then an in-room picnic at dinner.

I've stayed at all three of the Express hotels and RPR is my favorite. I've heard a lot of good things about Cabana Bay but I almost never go out of my way for a meal when I'm visiting the theme parks-Disney or Universal. Maybe it's being from Louisiana but I've rarely been impressed with any of my meals at either. It's not terrible but not amazing either and waaaay over priced. I do think WDW has a definite edge with dining though IMHO.

I agree with that.

I'd like to try RPR next time. I don't get the love my family has for the Hardrock.

I agree with that.

I'd like to try RPR next time. I don't get the love my family has for the Hardrock.

My kids preferred Hard Rock too when they were teens. DD (30) now loves Portofino. It's a pretty resort but I always feel like I walk miles getting around there.

My kids preferred Hard Rock too when they were teens. DD (30) now loves Portofino. It's a pretty resort but I always feel like I walk miles getting around there.
Yeah, we visited Portofino for the first time this past summer. It's too far off the beaten path for me.

Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express are good suggestions. I was also thinking a pretzel from Germany - I don't mind eating those cold or room temperature.

Kringla Bakery might be a good choice, but you'll need something to put it in (ziplock bag or container).

We got a few items from there a couple weeks ago and they put them in plastic to-go containers for us. They had paper bags as well.

Actually, my sister and I got a few School Bread from Kringla Bakeri for us to have breakfasts for a couple of days. They put them in the plastic clamshell packs when she asked for them "To Go" and they travelled and stored in the fridges fine for a couple of days.

If I could figure out how to get it from Epcot to Royal Pacific I'd probably go for the Vegetable Platter at Tangierine Cafe.

I would stick to a cold sandwich without mayo or mustard, ask for lettuce, tomato, pickles all on the side so the bread doesn't get all soggy... get chips as the side if possible, staying away from mayo based sides like potato salad or pasta salad....

You could use your credits, for yogurts, fruit plates, carrots and celery, bagels, donuts, muffins for breakfast items, use the drink portion for bottled or canned - juice, water or soda

I would spend some times looking at menu at what you like then figure out how to move them... make sure to pack some ziploc or plastic container to make the trip easier... we have a collapsible small cooler that we travel with, for this type of instant... or we use it at pool side to keep things cold.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

Blaze pizza is fine cold.

Sincerely,
The Voice of Experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter