• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite quick service meals?

Amy Hammack

Earning My Ears
What are your favorite quick service spots and meals for first timers? Family of 5 with older kids. We have hoppers and will be there for 6 days.

Thanks in advance!!

I second the idea of Yorkshire Fish. But this is really just a window in the U.K. at Epcot. And they only sell fish, chips and beer (very good, though). I find the food court in The Land pavilion a nice, fresh option for variety.

I also second the idea of Flame Tree BBQ. Very good. I would also look at the new quick service in Pandora. We had already eaten, so we didn't try it. But that meat smoker smelled divine.

DS: Earl of Sandwich (try their online ordering to save the ever-long line)

EP: Sunshine Seasons (something for everyone!)

Enthusiastically agree with PP about Tangierine Cafe. It is my all time favorite CS at WDW. We also get the vegetarian platter even though we aren't vegetarians - it is SO, SO good!! I also think the prices are very good there compared to some other CS places. It is a lot of food (I have yet to finish ANY meal there on my own) but we had always found the quality to be excellent.

On the opposite side of the spectrum I love Casey's in MK - and that is saying a lot because I usually don't like hot dogs. However, I seriously LOVE the hot dogs at Caseys. They have a great toppings bar and specialty hot dogs as well.

I have yet to find any CS place at DHS that is appealing.

At AK we used to really like Flame Tree BBQ but it looks like they have changed the salad I used to always get there. We are going to try Satu'li Canteen on our next trip - it looks really yummy!

Katsura Grill in Japan @ Epcot. The garlic shrimp is good.
Columbia Harbor House in MK - chicken broccoli peppercorn salad
Tamu Tamu in AK - Dole whip with rum. Oh wait, I guess that shouldn't count as a meal:oops: Oh what the heck. It's vacation:)

Disney Springs - Wolfgang Puck Express (everything is delicious and high quality) and Earl of Sandwich (I always get a buffalo chicken wrap, but they're more famous for their toasted sandwiches)

Contemporary Resort - Contempo Cafe (just for the pot roast!) - it's just a monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest lunch (I recommend the braised pork)

We tend to like table service meals much more, but we're on the Dining Plan on our next trip, so based on reviews, we're also going to try Blaze Pizza (Disney Springs), Yorkshire Co. Fish Shop (Epcot), and possibly Tangierine Cafe (Epcot). I have heard good things about the specialty mac n' cheese at Friar's Nook in Magic Kingdom, but I don't think we will be able to fit it in on this trip.

My favorite is Contempo Café! Runner up is Sunshine Seasons. And will try Satuli Canteen next trip.

Earl of Sandwich - Caprese sandwich is always solid.
Tangerine Cafe - as others have mentioned, I'm not a vegetarian/vegan and its amazing. The shwarma platters are also recommended.
Les Halles - the lobster bisque is surprisingly good for a cs meal and like some people have a thing for Disney danish, I love Disney croissants.
Yorkshire - delicious!

Dole Whips floats - anywhere they're sold:)

Columbia Harbour House (MK) - tuna salad sandwich or fried fish and shrimp

Harambe Market (AK) - we enjoyed the chicken skewers and side dishes

Kringla (Epcot) - better for snacks or lunch

I suggest checking out the menus on the Disneyworld website if you haven't yet. The type of food has to work for you too!

Last edited:
DS: Earl of Sandwich (try their online ordering to save the ever-long line)

EP: Sunshine Seasons (something for everyone!)
Thanks for the info about online ordering. We arrive really early on a Sunday and this would be great.

MK- Columbia Harbour House- get a table upstairs for a peaceful setting and overlook to the rides below.
EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons
DHS- Commissary
AK- Pizzafari- nice air conditioning!

Surprised nobody's mentioned Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland MK. I loved it as a kid and still do. I get the chicken dinner with green beans and mash and it's ALOT of food and really good!

MK: BOG (braised pork), Cosmic Rays
EP: Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire Fish
AK: Flametree BBQ
HS: Fairfax Fare
DS: Morimoto Street Food, Wolfgang Puck Express

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter