Favorite Quick Service

disney144

Mouseketeer
Wanting more flexibility (and on a budget) with a toddler. What are everyone's favorite quick service restaurants? In and out of the parks. Any particular meals you love?

MK: upstairs at Columbia Harbor, Cream cheese pretzel under people mover
EP: hacienda de San Angel, Kringla bakery in Norway, sandwich place in France
AK: flame tree barbecue, but I’m looking forward to trying to Satuli
HS: there was a cool coffee and bakery place I can’t remember the name and I hope it’s still there.
I’m looking forward to trying the Polynesian Captain Cook, Kona Café, or Kona lounge this time because we are staying at the shades of green and it’s walkable.

My favorite overall is out of the parks-Mara at AKL, favorite meal there being the butternut squash soup-they say it's from the same recipe and pot as Boma. but to me it's better because it's cheaper!. And of course, you get either Zebra Domes or a Nyala brownie for dessert.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - Epcot

It's typically been the only food we eat at Disney, but since we sold the camper now we will not have our own kitchen and groceries next trip.

We are big quick service eaters too. We like the flexibility as well. Pretty much every trip we will hit:

MK: Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill
EP: Sunshine Seasons, Mexico QS
AK: Satuli Canteen, Yak & Yeti QS
HS: ABC Commissary (looking forward to trying Docking Bay 7)

I love finding new dining options at Disney… but I also have a hard time straying from what I know & love! 😆

My current favorites (for lunch/dinner) are-

at Parks…

AK= Satu’li (esp the chicken bowl & hamburger pods), Yak & Yeti Cafe

EP= Connections (burgers), Regal Eagle (we’ve had platters, sandwiches & salads- all good), Sunshine Seasons (powerhouse salad with chicken), La Cantina de San Angel (many good snack & meal options here, but can be a longer wait than other QS) … & of course, snacking around the world (like getting a cinn-sug pretzel at Kringla Bakeri in Norway & maple popcorn in Canada) 😋

HS= Docking Bay 7 ((we preferred it before the recent changes, but it’s still a must-do for our family) … I would also say the food scene is changing at HS for the better. ABC Commisary has upped its game & even Fairfax Faire is a place I will eat at now (and I am NOT a hotdog person, but the Cali BLTA dog struck my interest & I really enjoyed it!!) … just keep checking the menus for new items that sound interesting to you 😉

MK= Columbia Harbor House (esp the GF chicken tenders) … MK is also improving- for instance, we never used to eat at Cosmic Ray’s, but have had some surprisingly good meals (burgers & sandwiches) there recently.

at Resorts…

WL= Whispering Canyon Cafe (yes, it’s TS, but it’s similar to QS prices, IMO) & Geyser Point (mobile order lounge menu). At both, my favorite meal is the bison burger!!! It’s seriously worth making a stop at WL just for that- and inside WCC you get delish sweet potato fries with it. 😋 The Roaring Fork QS also has yummy options (chicken & waffles, pulled pork sandwich -which is better than others).

VGF= Grand Flo Cafe (another TS- and though this is a tad pricier than WCC, it’s still on the cheaper end of TS & very worth it!!)… I’m sure the QS is great there as well, but I don’t have enough first hand experience eating there yet (I just always book the Cafe! 😆).

AKL= The Mara

Poly= Captain Cook’s

RIV= Primp Piatto (esp flatbreads & chicken sandwich)

AoA= crazily enough, their food court is great & a fun ride on the Skyliner gets you there 😉

ETA: I just tried the new BoardWalk Deli on our last trip, and think it’s going to be my favorite QS option around Crescent Lake (the current QS options at BC/YC & BW are fine, but not very good, imo).

Last edited:
We stayed at the Polynesian for the first time last weekend. For breakfast we enjoyed the morning flatbread at Captain Cook's so much we had it both mornings we were there. It was large enough for both of us adults to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter