Favorite Resort Quick Service

Brandon B

Earning My Ears
What do you find to be the best resort quick service dining locations?

There are several that I'd like to try but haven't gotten to yet, i.e. Contempo Cafe, re-done Captain Cook's, etc..... But so far my favorite is Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge. My last WDW trip was in 2012, so it was long before this most recent expansion and updating, but my wife and I always make it a point to eat there once or twice on our trips (whether we're staying at WL or not) simply because we love their sandwiches. I'm a very picky eater, so I'm usually looking for a tuna salad sandwich or something like that, and theirs was always great - and huge too. My wife particularly liked their turkey sandwich. Very good portions, decent price, and a great location make it a favorite of ours.

What do you find to be the best resort quick service dining locations?

There are several that I'd like to try but haven't gotten to yet, i.e. Contempo Cafe, re-done Captain Cook's, etc..... But so far my favorite is Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge. My last WDW trip was in 2012, so it was long before this most recent expansion and updating, but my wife and I always make it a point to eat there once or twice on our trips (whether we're staying at WL or not) simply because we love their sandwiches. I'm a very picky eater, so I'm usually looking for a tuna salad sandwich or something like that, and theirs was always great - and huge too. My wife particularly liked their turkey sandwich. Very good portions, decent price, and a great location make it a favorite of ours.

I prefer the moderate resorts' quick-service options to those at the deluxes, Port Orleans Riverside being my favorite because it offers something for everyone in my family.

If we're talking strictly deluxe, I like The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Captain Cook's at the Poly. Roaring Fork is one of my least favorites, but I've heard nothing but good things about the new Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge and can't wait to try that!

Geyser Point is terrific and seating is all outside...Contempo has a varied menu and the food is good...Gasparilla Grill at Grand Floridian is good as well (especially the sandwiches and salad that you order on the right hand side of the restaurant) - you can sit outside with a view of the castle:)

That's a tough call for favorite favorite, I have 3 favorites, one for each meal actually.
Landscape of Flavors — Art of Animation Resort(Breakfast)
Captain Cook’s — Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort(Lunch)
Roaring Fork — Wilderness Lodge Resort(Dinner)

I have been to almost all the deluxe's (none at WL) and all the value QS's but none of the moderates.

My favorites are Landscape of Flavors at AoA, The Mara at AKL & Capt Cook's at the Poly.

Landscape of Flavors (AOA)
Riverside Mill (POR)
Contempo Cafe (CR)
Mara (AKL)

I'm looking forward to trying Geyser Point in September :)

We really liked Artist's Palette at SSR.
We were surprised to LOVE the food court at All Star Music

My favorites (so far) are The Mara (AKL), Artist's Palette (SSR) and Roaring Fork (WL).

I think Gaspirilla Grill just nudged itself to the top of my list this trip.
Staying at VGF/GF, it's great being able to get a mug refill and great food after midnight (open 24 hours)
But more importantly, they seem to have a number of items made by quality chefs. (I think the kitchen attaches to the Grand Floridian Cafe?) so side sauces, etc seem to be made in-house vs pre-packaged.

But I also really enjoyed the food at my #2 Captain Cooks (but small indoor dining area)

And it may be possible that Contempo Cafe could be a tie for my #2. The Itialian beef (with giardiniera on the side!) was rather good.

Not resorts but our two must do's are Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express at DS.

Resort wise we also like Roaring Forks and Capt Cook's but there really is no must do resort QS for us. I would say that we are probably more inclined to choose a value/mod food court just for the additional options that they provide.

Not resorts but our two must do's are Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express at DS.

Resort wise we also like Roaring Forks and Capt Cook's but there really is no must do resort QS for us. I would say that we are probably more inclined to choose a value/mod food court just for the additional options that they provide.
Have to agree--I don't really have any must-do resort QS; some park QS, but not resort. I do like the atmosphere at the CSR QS and the Poly (great outdoor seating). Given your recommendation for Roaring Forks and the fact that I'm staying at WL for 10 nights in September, I'll definitely have to give it a try--I love a good tuna salad sandwich as well--thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter