Favorite Savory Treat

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
I can't wait to try the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls on my next visit. And I've heard the Sleepy Hollow Chicken and Waffle is awesome (ok, that is sweet and savory).

Other than the usual pretzels and popcorn what is your favorite savory treat at WDW?

MK: My #1 of ALL time will forever be Casey's corn dog nuggets (not DDP snack credit), CHH turkey chili (still DDP snack credit I think?)

AK: Y&Y's CS Fried Rice (DDP snack credit), Harambee Market chicken skewers (not DDP snack credit)

Epcot: Anything F&W (DDP snack credit), France Bakery Ham & Cheese croissant or soup (DDP snack credit), shared Mexico CS nachos (not DDP snack credit), shared UK CS fish & chips (not DDP snack credit)

HS: (so limited) used to be a shared Starring Rolls sandwich. Now :confused3

F&W? The escargot
F&G? The salmon dish in ireland
Snack with a rest and a cocktail? Grape leaves at Spice Road Table

I love the truffle fries at the Crews Cup lounge at the Yacht club (with a bourbon).

I love sharing the Norwegian Charcuterie from Kringla with my DH although I do NOT share brunost (brown cheese). That is all mine.

I love the truffle fries at the Crews Cup lounge at the Yacht club

We mean to try these every trip and somehow never seem to make it. Sigh...

We also like the mac & cheese at the Germany pavilion or a cheese plate and baguette in France (kind of expensive though). And the little booths in Animal Kingdom have some great snacks - samosas, falafel, noodle salad. Yum.

I'm not even a pretzel person, but man those Mickey pretzels hit the spot for me!

(Oops....should have read the OP better!)

I can't wait to try the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls on my next visit. And I've heard the Sleepy Hollow Chicken and Waffle is awesome (ok, that is sweet and savory).

Other than the usual pretzels and popcorn what is your favorite savory treat at WDW?
Pretzels & popcorn are about the only things we eat in Hollywood Studio.

We very much enjoy the Chicken & Waffle @ Sleepy Hollow - it's a savory item to me.

There is a somewhat similar 'buffalo chicken' miniature 'slider' version in AKingdom at Trilo-Bites.

Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House - broccoli slaw held together with hummus. The vegetarian chili is tasty too, and some folks 'swear' by the tuna sandwich.

BBQ Slaw Dog @ Casey's - footlong hotdog smothered under pulled pork and topped with coleslaw.

Nachos at ESPN topped with chili, sour cream, jalapenos.

Savory treats also include anything I may be having while enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine at Mizner's or Tutto Gusto, respectively.

We love Splitsville sushi or their spicy edamame.

Also, the appetizers at Territory Lounge + good, stiff cocktail...perfection!

Putting Crew's Cup on our list for August, too..

There will always be something about the popcorn in Disney. Again - you can get it anywhere but it's different in Disney.

AT MK- Well, it used to be the giant pork shank at Gaston's, my husband and I would share it. It was amazing.
Now I just pout about it while my husband has a cinnamon role.

AT Epcot- cheese plate in France
Nachos,split, in Mexico
Husband likes the Pork buns in China

AT studios- a giant pickle from next to the frozen lemonade stand.

AT AK - fried rice at Yak and Yeti

I love the truffle fries at the Crews Cup lounge at the Yacht club (with a bourbon).

I love sharing the Norwegian Charcuterie from Kringla with my DH although I do NOT share brunost (brown cheese). That is all mine.

I'm considering giving this a try on our upcoming trip! Is it a decent amount of food for the price? The charcuterie, that is.

At Mara, the butternut squash soup (they say its the same soup as at Boma, but it's LOTS cheaper!)

I'm considering giving this a try on our upcoming trip! Is it a decent amount of food for the price? The charcuterie, that is.

I think that it is, but I am not a huge eater. As a meal for one, if you're a light eater yes. It really could benefit from a hearty piece of bread. I lived in Norway so this is traditional pålegg - one of those words that has no real translation that basically means "stuff you put on top of bread in an open faced sandwich".

Last edited:
I don't think there are any 'savory' snacks we enjoy at the parks...most of them are sweet. I do like to get a baked potato at Sleepy Hollow. Its nothing special, but I think its a snack credit or at least under $4 if OOP, which is a deal for a small lunch as far as park food goes.

Now we DO have to get the pulled pork nachos in Disney Springs at the Smokehouse (little shack in front of the House of Blues). They are yummy!

No, but I believe you can use a QS and get a drink with it. They are sharable and seem cheap after paying park prices for bad CS meals, so we usually get them OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter