Favorite ship..

jwo1976

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite ship and why?

We have sailed on the Dream and most recently the Wonder. There are things about both I like better on one than the other. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

Hmm well I can tell you the one I dislike the most: The Fantasy. We had a really bad experience with the staff and haven’t been back to that ship since. As far as the classics, they both have their good points. I love the new Rapunzel restaurant on the Magic, but the staff was really nice on the Wonder. The Dream has always been my overall favorite bc of the Aquaduck and the staff. It always feels like home. We will be taking our 15th DCL cruise this May on the Magic EBTA trip. We are very excited!

My favorite ship is whichever one I’m on. :earboy2::stitch:

Now see, the Fantasy is our favorite by far. We’ve never had a bad experience on it. I love the Wonder as it was our first cruise, but we prefer the larger ships for the more things to do. The Dream is nice, but because of the shorter cruises everything seems much more rushed. We found the service less engaging, again I think because they simply don’t have the time.

What is your favorite ship and why?
I think many people feel as I do - the first one we took. We did the Magic for our first DCL cruise (well, actually our first 3 cruises were). I like the look of the Magic as it was then, not as much now.

Other than that, I like all the ships, but prefer smaller ships for cruises (like the Magic class).

I find the crew/staff onboard can vary from cruise to cruise and isn't ship-specific, so I don't use that as a guideline for whether I book on a specific ship or not. We typically cruise based on itinerary.

It used to be the Wonder, by I love the MDAS cruises so much that now the Magic has 1st place. I prefer the classics to the Dream class as I prefer the layout, they are easier to get around and I like the theming of the restaurants.

After cruising on the Dream class ships, I find the Magic class a little disappointing. We've been on all 4 ships multiple times, I'd say the Fantasy is my favorite. The worst thing about the Dream class is the mind-numbing repeating of the same itineraries.

The Magic was our first DCL experience and the great time and fantastic CMs made us sign up for more.
The Wonder is our favorite probably because it goes to more places we want to see.
The Fantasy is the most memorable because of Hurricane Sandy.
Haven't been on the Dream, yet, only because of the current short cruises. Hopefully it will be set free to travel farther once the new ships arrive.

We prefer the classic ships because they are less crowded, the crew seem much friendlier, and for the shawarma. We also like Animators much better than on the larger ships. Probably the Magic over the Wonder but only because we’ve sailed her more and know more of the crew. Next would be the Dream, again because we’ve had such great experiences with the crew. And thought it was our first and the one we’ve been on most often, the Fantasy is our least favorite. Still a great cruise, but we’ve had more disappointing experiences on her than any of the other ships combined.

I love the Magic and the Wonder. The Dream was very pretty, but too crowded with twice the number of people in the dining rooms, pool decks, etc. I guess we like but don't need the bells and whistles of the newer ships (MDA, golf, and Aquaduck).

The Wonder is my favorite. I love the more intimate feel of the smaller ships and feel like I have experienced much more of the ship on them. I love Tiana's on the Wonder, not as big of a fan of Rapunzel's on the Magic. My daughter's favorite is the Dream because she loves the Infinity room in Oceaneers. The Fantasy was by far my least favorite, but I just went on it again because there was a good deal and I liked it more the 2nd time. Still probably my least favorite though.

The first ship we were on-the Wonder, back in 2009, when my little ones were still little. Just on her again in Alaska and everything felt just like home. We are due to complete our Grand Slam in May, maybe there will be a change of mind? We shall see. Any Disney cruise, on any of the ships, seems to suit our family, just nice to feel one is like "home base."

My favorite is always the one I am next booked on as I look forward to what I will enjoy (or enjoy again) about the ship and anticipate being on. Like kids, I love them all and can't show favoritism though I am anticipating the newest delivery in 2021.

I'm not sure I have a favorite. The Dream was my first DCL, so she has a special place in my heart for that.

I really love the Fantasy - I had a great experience on her with the crew and just an overall good time.

The Magic is special to me since I was able to take my parents on a cruise on her to thank them for all they have done for me.

I embark the Wonder on Sunday, so I have no experience with her yet.

Honestly, I probably love the Fantasy the most...I love longer cruises overall. I just hate that she is taken over by Star Wars when I'd be able to cruise her in February. :(

Here's my thoughts. We first sailed on the Dream so it really stands out. This was our first on the Wonder, similar itinerary. I think the food in the MDRs was much better on the Wonder. The desserts were much better as well. I think the buffet in Cabanas is better on the Dream. It seemed bigger and more options. I did really like the schwarma on the Wonder. I did like the layout of the Wonder with the promenade lounge was nice. There's a lot of stairs option to get around. But I think the stairs took away from valuable space for entertaining spaces. The fewer people on the Wonder does make for a less crowded Castaway cay but I never felt overly crowded on the Dream either. The staff was great on the wonder and on the Dream. However our last Dream sailing the wait staff in the MDR was lacking a bit. Also not a big fan of the new sail awave party on the Wonder. It was hyped up but did not deliver.
We did run into a cast member on the wonder we remembered from the dream. I asked and he said he preferred the Wonder better but mostly for the variety in the itineraries. He had become bored going to Castaway twice a week.

This is a tough one to answer... each ship has something unique to it. Love the aqua Duck on the Dream and the Aqua Dunk on the Magic! I'm going to have to go on more Disney cruises to make a conclusive decision...you know for research :rotfl2:

How about adding a poll on top?
We've been on the Wonder, Magic, and Dream (once each). We'll be back on the Wonder next month, and I think it's my favorite; the size, the show, the restaurants, and just the feeling of the ship.

The Magic, I think. Our first cruise was on the Wonder before her re-imagining and we'll be sailing on her again in May, so I may have a different point of view after that trip. I was surprised how much I liked the Dream, but didn't like the Fantasy. Even with all the running around we did on the Dream, the CMs and other interactions were far more pleasant than our experiences on the Fantasy. Our sailing on the Magic was wonderful. The CMs totally made that trip. They were amazing - from the servers, to the bartenders to the room hosts - loved them all! I also prefer the size of the smaller ships - they just feel right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter