Favorite Shoes for Disney Theme Parks

We wear running shoes and socks. 20 to 40K steps per day with little support for years would add up. This is our 31st year together and we do 15 -30 days per year.

I would recommend going to a running store and getting your feet measured. Not every style of shoe will fit every person.
Excellent comment.

Don't rely on any recommendation here. Everybody's feet and the way they walk are different. What works for one will be horribly wrong for somebody else.

Listen to your feet.

Keens hiking sandals with my short smart wool socks !
I know, socks with sandals, but, no blisters, excellent arch support, socks dry super quick from water ride or sweaty feet from the Fl sun/humidity.

Keens hiking sandals with my short smart wool socks !
I know, socks with sandals, but, no blisters, excellent arch support, socks dry super quick from water ride or sweaty feet from the Fl sun/humidity.
Thank you - I never realized that SmartWool makes short and no-show socks. Last July I got blisters from my Keen Whispers for the first time. It was so humid that my feet stayed wet, even though we were in the parks only after sundown. If we ever go back in summer again, I’ll be happy to wear socks with sandals!

Yep, 100% agree.
Also don’t just trust what the running store says either. I have been to multiple and they scan your feet and show you a couple of pairs of shoes and that is it. I had to push and push for them to show me a shoe that would actually work for my foot. Hoka Bondi 7 for the win.

I wear the Hoka Bondi 8. I walk mostly everyday at least 4 miles, so I broke them in before WDW. DH wears them also and we had absolutely no foot problems walking the park. I'll be buying another pair in the spring.

I just bought a pair of Vessi Weekend shoes. I think these are worth a look if you have wider feet. They are waterproof, breathable and can be worn with or without socks. I will post after my trip to see how they work out,

Doing the world Mid June for my sons High school graduation.

Its been a but since we did summer, and had to contend with the afternoon downpours. (like 10 years).

Normally, we go in fall, and wear our best sneakers, loafers etc etc. Even then my son can get blisters and sweat filled socks.

This time around we are thinking of Sandals , not only so they can dry out if it rains, but to help keep our feet cooler and allow us to do water rides without soaking our feet.

1. Have you done the World in Sandals? How did it go?

2. If so, which brand?

3. Any tips? (still thinking of bringing socks to wear WITH the sandals (gasp) in case someone needs extra padding during the day.

Cheers Disboard!

I haven't worn them in WDW, but did light hikes throughout Arizona and Utah wearing Keen sandals - maybe not the most fashionable, but they were very comfortable.

Its been a but since we did summer, and had to contend with the afternoon downpours. (like 10 years).

Normally, we go in fall, and wear our best sneakers, loafers etc etc. Even then my son can get blisters and sweat filled socks.

This time around we are thinking of Sandals , not only so they can dry out if it rains, but to help keep our feet cooler and allow us to do water rides without soaking our feet.

2. If so, which brand?

3. Any tips? (still thinking of bringing socks to wear WITH the sandals (gasp) in case someone needs extra padding during the day.

Cheers Disboard!
I've worn Keens for years without any problems - except July a year ago, when it was so humid, even at night, that my feet stayed wet and I got athlete's foot. At least I didn't get blisters, which were a major problem for me until I learned about wicking socks like SmartWool and Thorlo, and I wear those with my sneakers during cool weather.

No matter the season, I always have at least 2 pairs of sandals/shoes so that I can alternate them each day and allow the soles to dry out completely between wearings.

As a florida resident I don't recommend flip flops or sandals all day in the heat - your feet will sweat and swell. DW is all pavement. Neither of those shoes give you any support for all day wear. Something with structure - arch support and cushioning - is better.

Now, I have stupidly wide feet so my choices are very limited. I ended up wearing Propet B10 slip on sneakers the whole trip, along with some sweat wicking socks. This was on days where the temps were in the 90s and the feels like was over 100 in the afternoons. They have cushioned soles and soft sides (good for a bit of swelling), and they were slip on. I did try swapping them out for my regular propet sneakers - when I went back to the hotel for a mid afternoon shower and rest, I swapped back to the B10s and never tried any other shoes.

2. If so, which brand?

Cheers Disboard!
I’m team Teva sandals. This is what I wore every day during our last trip - other than just the basic soreness/tiredness from walking 20k+ steps per day, I had no other foot issues. Will be wearing them again when we go next month. I like both the Hurricane and Tirra - good support, well cushioned, comfortable adjustable straps.

I'm not advising anyone else to do this and it drives my dh CRAZY but i wear my cheap Old Navy flip flops! We live in Pa. and I've been known to wear them with jeans in winter. For longer visits I usually pack a couple pairs as the soles wear down quickly with all the walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter