Favorite signature restaurant and dish

I found the Wild Alaskan Halibut at Flying Fish to be perfect after a day of eating lots of heavy (junk!) food in the parks. It was beautifully cooked, and came with an assortment of seasonal vegetables and a light sauce. (My DH would pick the wagyu strip loin.) FF is a perfect location for grabbing an after dinner drink at one of the cool Boardwalk bars.

I also really liked the salmon at Artist Point, and the mushroom soup. Lovely, calm ambiance too.

Yes, I read your posts about AP. I've felt the same way about California Grill before. . .and Monsieur Paul. . .and Citrico's, et.al. I've actually had a poor experience at Artist Point before, as well (gristly bison dish a couple of years ago), though in July my salmon was perfect. My larger point to the OP was that I wouldn't hold the occasional poor experience or dish against a Signature if something on the menu appealed to him.;)

I never pay much attention to bad reviews either because you're right that every place gets them but this time I wish that I had instead of wasting 2 TS on a dinner that wasn't even as good as what we had at sci-fi during our trip. I had seen recent posts about the salmon no longer being any good plus all of APs food going seriously downhill, these were from people who had dined there previously and loved ir.

Maybe not my favorite restaurant, but my favorite dish: mushroom bisque at Artist Point. Amazing. I could skip an entree and just get 10 bowls of that.

Thank you all for your recommendations! I never rule out any restaurant that I have not tried myself based on reviews. This next trip will be our last for quite a while so we are going "all in" with the DxDDP. I feel that the DxDDP will give us the opportunity to try some of the signature restaurants that we haven't had the opportunity to experience previously. There are just so many wonderful places to choose from it's hard to narrow it down. We do have 8 nights booked. Hoping to do light breakfasts and lunches and have our main sit down meals be focused on a later dinner. F & G will be going on so lots of credits to eat through there too! One of my favorite parts of WWD vacation is the dining experience. Cheers!

I try to visit California Grill every year and I always, always get the pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta. My favorite meal in the world, I think.

We love Narcoossee's brunch if you're there on a Sunday. They have spoiled us when we've gone and we have tried most of the dishes they serve. Honestly, we have loved everything we have tried.

Narcoossee's vs Citrico's.......Jiko vs. Tiffins. I know each one is different from the other but planning ahead location wise. Which would you choose?? I've not eaten at any of these. California Grill is first on my list to try and definitely looking to visit Flying Fish. We will be dining as a family of 4. Myself, Hubby, and DD 10, DS 8. Son is an adventurous eater, willing to try almost anything. Hubby and I also love to try new things and will often order a unique dish simply because we've never tried that food before. Again, thank you all for your recommendations!

Jiko - filet mignon with truffle mac and cheese

Victoria and Alberts - everything they serve is fantastic but with the wine pairing it is out of this world

Narcoossee's vs Citrico's.......Jiko vs. Tiffins. I know each one is different from the other but planning ahead location wise. Which would you choose?? I've not eaten at any of these. California Grill is first on my list to try and definitely looking to visit Flying Fish. We will be dining as a family of 4. Myself, Hubby, and DD 10, DS 8. Son is an adventurous eater, willing to try almost anything. Hubby and I also love to try new things and will often order a unique dish simply because we've never tried that food before. Again, thank you all for your recommendations!

Citricos and Jiko, although you really should go by which menu appeals more. I have had horrible meals at Narcoossee's and California Grill, to the point that I won't be visiting them again, but I know people who prefer Narcoossee's to V&As, and people who consistently love their meals at California Grill, even though I have never had a dish there that I didn't find incredibly salty, to the point of not being able to eat it. People just have drastically different tastes, and unfortunately many times the kitchens are not consistent night to night.

Every Signature has bad nights and gets the occasional poor reviews. What is great for one person on any given night(s) might not be so for others. Your best bet is look at what menu items appeal to you and give that restaurant(s) and dish(es) a try. Still, here's a short list of items I've routinely found excellent:

Buri bop - Morimoto Asia
Salmon - Artist Point (also their smoky mushroom bisque and house made donuts)
Angus carpaccio - Boathouse
Wild boar tenderloin - Jiko (and the beef short ribs)
Duck breast - Tiffin's (also the watermelon and barrel-aged feta salad)
And while it's not a Signature, I highly recommend Sanaa's bread service. Trust me.
I've had the AP salmon and the Jiko wild noar tenderloin and can recommend both. Need to get to Tiffin's to try that duck breast.

My family and I really enjoyed FF after the rehab. The pork belly app was amazing and the seasonal salad (with figs, blue cheese, and iberico ham) was the best salad I think I've ever eaten. I also love the lobster pasta that I ordered it twice within a week.IMG_7357.JPG IMG_7359.JPG IMG_6789.JPG

And I could never forget Cali Grill. I have to get the Spicy Kazan Roll every time for dinner and the pork tenderloin is a favorite. I couldn't recommend the Sunday brunch any more than I already do (AYC Drink Mimosas!). IMG_3522.JPGIMG_3518.JPG IMG_6507.JPGIMG_6506.JPG IMG_6509.JPGIMG_6510.JPG IMG_6511.JPGIMG_6512.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter