Favorite snack items/spots at each park?

shosh1530

DIS Veteran
We (me and my 11-year-old son) are making our first WDW visit in two weeks. We've been to Disneyland a bunch of times and our touring style is often lots of snacking with a few rides in between. We especially love to take a mid-morning break for beignets and mint juleps at Disneyland and always hit up Pym's for a giant pretzel at California Adventure. And then of course churros and popcorn later in the day.

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite snack options and spots to take a short break at each park (bonus points for pretty/shady spots). We have looked at the menus for Flower & Garden at Epcot and have a list of foods we want to try, but nice spots to rest while we snack would be helpful.

I love your touring style. I'm also a big fan of snacks / light meals at Disney.

I'm a particular fan of the sit down and get served locations - my favorites:
  • Animal Kingdom - Nomad Lounge
  • Hollywood Studios - Brown Derby Lounge
  • EPCOT - Spice Road Table (RIP Tutto Gusto)
  • Magic Kingdom - Jungle Skipper Canteen

Nomad Lounge in AK is our favourite but I also love the corn on the cob from the cart just outside Kilimanjaro Safari.
At Epcot we just tend to snack around World Showcase.

We like to snack around as well! Here are some of our favorites.

MK: We like to hit up Gaston’s mid morning. We usually can find a seat inside. We also like the pepper jack pretzel and Cheshire car tail from Cheshire Cafe by the tea cups. Sleepy Hollow is good as well. As far as places to rest… hub grass is good if it’s not too hot. Tables back in Storybook Circus and there is a quiet area on the back side of the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square.

Epcot: We usually just snack at food booths but do enjoy the fish and chips in the UK and the food at Sommerfest in Germany. Explore and walk back further into the countries. We love doing that and it is usually quieter. Especially Japan, Morocco and the UK.

AK: Pongu Pongu has great snacks and we usually get dole whips in Africa. On the back side of the dole whip stand there are tables and a bit of shade. We also like exploring the trails around the tree of life. I can’t remember if there are benches but people usually walk right by this area and it’s so beautiful.

HS: We like most of the food in Galaxy’s edge. We like to sit and people watch here. The lunchbox tarts are good from Woody’s in Toy Story Land, however, TSL in general always feels chaotic and there is zero shade. Pixar Place is a quiet spot for a break.

One of my MK faves is a Pineapple Float from Aloha Isle. But the spot to enjoy it is near (or on) the wall or benches between Aloha Isle and the Tiki Room, facing Aladdin's Carpets. You can watch the camels spitting water on people on the carpets, and hearing them scream, but ALSO, you can count how many times people walk by everyone having a Dole Whip, and ask, "Where is everyone getting those ice creams, it looks sooo good" as they literally walk RIGHT PAST Aloha Isle.

Magic Kingdom has pretty similar snacks to Disneyland. The cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern and cheeseburger spring rolls from a cart outside Adventureland are both good.

Epcot will have festival booths all over, so no shortage of snacks. The Morocco pavilion has some indoor seating that isn't used for a restaurant at the moment if you want to sit down. Connections Cafe is also pretty good.

At Studios, the most unique place is Woody's Lunchbox. All the seating is outside and limited, but I usually don't have an issue getting a table. Galaxy's Edge has the same selection as Disneyland, and you can get Jack Jack's cookie on Pixar Place. For some nicer snacks, the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge serves good drinks (and mocktails) and the appetizers from the main restaurant. Hollywood Scoops also has good ice cream.

Animal Kingdom doesn't have my favorite snack options, but Satuli Canteen is my favorite quick service spot on property. I recommend getting one bowl and one cheeseburger pods combo to split. It has a huge indoor dining room and the soda fountains are out in the open for free refills. Other than Satuli, Tamu Tamu refreshments has unique dole whips, similar to Adorable Snowman's Treats in DCA. The night blossom at Pongu Pongu is also a good frozen drink.

If you search best WDW snacks on YouTube you will also find some fabulous videos. Well worth watching!

MK:
1. Fruit/Nutella Waffle from Sleepy Hollow
2. Pineapple upside down cake dole whip from Aloha Isle
3. Corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce from Casey's corner.

AK:
1. Pongo lumpia and giant pretzel from Pongu Pongu
2. Cold Brew Coffee Ice cream float from Dino Bites
3. Churros from Nomad Lounge (or any food from Nomad lounge really)

HS
1. Woody's lunchbox tarts and totchos
2. Breakfast Ronto Wrap
3. Kat Saka's outpost mix popcorn

Epcot
1. Pretzel bread pudding from Sommerfest in Germany
2. Anything from Les Halles French bakery
3. Anything from Karamel Kuche in Germany
4. The fried cinnamon roll bites at Brunchcot for the Flower and Garden fest are AMAZING

Shady rest spot:
MK - The dock area over by Big thunder mountain.
AK - the seating area by Flame Tree BBQ overlooking Everest.
Epcot - the gardens in Japan
HS - I feel like this park doesn't have shade LOL. I pick up ice cream from Hollywood scoops and go watch the Beauty and the beast show.

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned but I want to give a shoutout to the cheeseburger pods at Satu'li Canteen in AK, I like to order the kids meal version as a light snack (be sure to ask for a cup of the creamy herb dressing to dip them in). Mr. Kamal's seasoned fries are really good even though I liked the older version that came with tzatziki better. And I love the grilled corn at the fruit stand in Africa, it's kinda like an African version of elote but you can get it without the spices if you want.

I rarely eat snacks but do eat snack type things for meals. The only thing I buy at MK in that category is corn dog nuggets. My favorite places to sit and relax in MK is the lawn in front of the castle, under the tree in Liberty Square, ride on the Liberty Bell, ride the People Mover.

At AK - another Nomad Lounge fan. I like to walk the trails around the Tree of Life and find as many animals as I can. There are a number of little off shoot trails all over the park that are shaded. I also like to walk Gorilla Falls and the Jungle Trek in Asia for shade and lots of little benches along the way.

At HS - Another HBD Lounge fan. HS is lacking for many shady spots but I do love to go into the little courtyard by Muppets, you can find some shade there. B&TB and Indiana Jones both have cover to sit under and you can take food into both.

At Epcot - as others have said, almost always booths to snack at. Just about every country has little hidden gardens or small places to get away in. Some of my favs is the what I call the Tile Room in Morocco, the waterfall area in Canada, the back gardens in GB, near the koi pond in Japan and there is a tiny little trail/walkway in China that has benches along it.

Some of the places I mention you can not take food to but they are shady semi-quiet spots.

AK: Anything from Nomad Lounge (including cocktails!)
EP: the ham & cheese croissant and chocolate mousse from Les Halles (both are must dos for us!)
Poly: pulled pork nachos from Captain Cooks
MK: DH and both DDs love the Dole Whip

• Animal Kingdom - Turkey Leg at Yak & Yeti
  • Epcot - Macaron ice cream sandwiches at L’Artisan des Glaces in Epcot or Funnel Cakes in American Adventure
  • Hollywood Studios - Enchanted Rose - Catalina Eddies or Funnel Cakes at Epic Eats
  • Magic Kingdom - Turkey Leg at Liberty Square Market, Candy Apples at Main Street Confectionery or Warm Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's Tavern

Epcot- Boulangerie Patisserie unless a festival is on.
Coral Reef if traveling with kids.
AK- Tiffins
MK- One of the resort restaurants occasionally Tony's

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I've got several new places/foods to research and add to my list. Especially those fried cinnamon roll bites and Nomad's lounge.

Better make sure our next trip is 3 times longer so we can try more foods. DS has been a very restricted eater in the past, but he decided a year ago he likes trying new things at Disney.

Also I forgot to mention that if you are used to Disneyland churros, don’t get them anywhere other than nomad lounge at WDW. The churros from the carts at DL are excellent and at WDW they are decidedly “meh.” I’ve been to DL quite a few times and can’t understand why the WDW churros are so inferior. The ones at Nomad lounge are the exception and are fabulous.

Epcot - Boulangerie Patisserie for their cheese plate and half a baguette. comes out to be about $15, you can eat and people watch (and judge those people, if you want the real French experience lol)

Animal Kingdom - Blueberry Cheesecake from Satuli Canteen. Last time I had it, we packed our lunches and just ordered beer and dessert there to enjoy with our sandwiches. Delightful!

Hollywood Studios - Tune In Lounge serves the same apps as 50's Prime Time, get the Fried Cheese. It is PER-fect.

Magic Kingdom - Friar's nook for Mac & Cheese tots (comes with yummy toppings!) or Sleepy Hollow for the Chicken Waffle Sandwich. These are closer to meals, but both make a great lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter