Favorite Teen Rides/Attractions at WDW?

Tia1977

My Happy Place
Hey all you teens! We're taking my 12yr old (going on 16 lol) daughter to WDW for her 1st trip. Would any of you be so kind as to give me a run down of your favorites for: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and the 2 water parks? All the advice I hear is geared towards younger kids. I'd love to give my daughter the best "teen" experience possible. Who better to ask than you guys (; Thank you so much! :yay:

I'm not a teen but do have a 12 yr DD. She has been going to Disney for years and loves most everything - but here is her list of favorites .
MK - POC, Ariel, Peter Pan, jungle cruise, buzz light year , BTMR, splash Moutain
Epcot- Soarin, Maelstrom , test track , Nemo and Aquarium
AK- Safari , Festival of Lion King, Dinosaur
DHS- Toy story , great movie ride , star was , Ariel show, muppet show, art of animation drawing class
Only been to blizzard beach and she loves most everything that does not require a free fall .
Favorite restraunts - crystal palace breakfast , ohanas , be our guest lunch , Wolfgang puck express , whispering canyon , hoop de Doo ,
Good luck ! I know you will have an awesome time !

Thank You SO much for the awesome tips! Starts me in the right direction (;

Well, we aren't that much different. The only real difference is the amount of food we eat. Just because we're older doesn't mean we don't like the classics!

MK: Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and PeopleMover
Epcot: The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Test Track, Spaceship Earth
Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Kilamanjaro Safaris

I've never been to the water parks so I can't help you there.

If your daughter is a little bit more brave, then these rides will be perfect for her!

MK: splash mount., space mountain, big thunder mount., peoplemover,
AK: expedition Everest (my favorite), kali river rapids, dinosaur, safari
HS: RRC, ToT, TSM, and great movie ride
Epcot: test track, soarin',

Have a great trip! Hope these helped.

Being a teen doesn't really change my favorites! I have favorites from all ride categories

MK: Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Journey Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid
Epcot: Test Track, Soarin, Maelstrom, The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends
DHS: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids

MK: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, BTM, PhilharMagic, POTC
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Soarin', Maelstrom, Living w/ the Land
Hollywood Studios: Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D, TOT, and Toy Story Mania
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, Kilamanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids
Blizzard Beach: Teamboat Springs, Slush Gusher, Runoff Rapids
Typhoon Lagoon: Crush n' Gusher, Shark Reef, Castaway Creek

Oh my gosh! Her first trip?! I'm excited for her!! :cool1:pixiedust:

MK: The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Splash Mountain!

AK: Expedition Everest and the Safari ride:)

Epcot: Soarin' and Mission Space (the Orange version, but she may wanna try the green at first)

HS: Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania :)

Blizzard: Slush Gusher, it's the less intense version of Summit Plummet. I'm kinda afraid of heights :D

Typhoon Lagoon: I know it's not really a ride, but I LOVE doing the Shark Reef snorkeling thing. I don't know if she is scared of fish and stuff like that, but it is really cool :) the wave pool is AWESOME there.

I hope she has fun!! :)

Also not a teen but parent to 12yo DD. She loves rides, the bigger and faster the better. None of Disney's rides are very intense but there are plenty she loves:

HS:
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania

AK:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids

Epcot:
Soarin
Test Track
Mission Space

MK:
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean

Of the water parks she hasn't tried Summit Plummet yet, I'm sure she will this year. She loved the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon

She also really loves the shows, especially Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in MK and Flights of Wonder.

Have fun

Hey all you teens! We're taking my 12yr old (going on 16 lol) daughter to WDW for her 1st trip. Would any of you be so kind as to give me a run down of your favorites for: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and the 2 water parks? All the advice I hear is geared towards younger kids. I'd love to give my daughter the best "teen" experience possible. Who better to ask than you guys (; Thank you so much! :yay:

Best rides for teens
Magic Kingdom:
Splash, Thunder and Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Seven Dwarves mine train
Tea Cups
Astro Orbiter

EPCOT
Mission Space ( intense ride)
Test Track
Soarin
Maelstrom

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
Rockin Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Lights Motors Action Stunt Show

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Khali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

Also for a teen experience, not just rides
Magic Kingdom
Beast's Castle
Mickey's Philharmagic 3D show
Wishes! Firework show at night

EPCOT
Walk around the different countries at World Showcase, try different foods
Illuminations firework show at night
Check out the Seas with Nemo and friends. They have live animals and cool stuff like that

Hollywood Studios
Art of Disney drawing class, pretty cool
They usually have concerts in front of the giant sorcerer hat at night
Backlot Tour see old movie props ( might be closed now)
American Idol

Animal Kingdom
So much to do if you like animals, Kilimanjaro Safari, Rafiki's planet watch.
Bugs Life 3D show

Blizzard Beach is more geared towards the younger crowd and family. They have a giant wave pool that has consistent little waves. Also a lot of fun slides on either inner tubes or tobaggan mats. Summit Plummit slide that's like 80 feet high

Typhoon Lagoon
Known for the giant wave pool with the 6 foot waves. Also has little waves every hour. Really fun water coaster ride "Crush n Gusher" also have regular water slides. Shark reed where you can "swim" with sharks and fish

Id also check out the Blizzard Beach or Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf. Downtown Disney is another good spot for the teen experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter