• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite thing to eat from your garden

Onions and bell peppers. I add them to so many dishes. Also love our green beans.
Are onions difficult? That's one I've never tried, but we definitely go through onions.

I have never had luck at all with beans. I don't know what my issue is, but I would love if we were able to grow those. I didn't even try this year, first time in awhile that I've skipped planting those. I have some success with shelling peas that grow in the spring, but that's as close as I get to beans.

I harvested the last of my Brussels sprouts in mid June. Nothing going on now. In another week or so I’ll start bok choy from seed and they should be ready by late October.

I had a zucchini jungle last year and they're just starting to come in.

But we planted raspberries last year and they went wild! (Birds ate the 🍓...grrrr). I was able to pick an overflowing handful every day; sometimes twice a day this year and they were wonderful!

I also have some Living with the Land inspired pots of salad greens and basil on the porch that are perfect for a little salad every day!

tomatoes (Cherokee purple), poblano peppers, strawberries, plums, apricots, pluots, figs, (also the cherries were so good this year!)🍓🍒🍑

I had a zucchini jungle last year and they're just starting to come in.

But we planted raspberries last year and they went wild! (Birds ate the 🍓...grrrr). I was able to pick an overflowing handful every day; sometimes twice a day this year and they were wonderful!

I also have some Living with the Land inspired pots of salad greens and basil on the porch that are perfect for a little salad every day!
Were your raspberry plants little last year? I planted two starts from my sister's yard about a month ago. I thought it would be YEARS till we see fruit, but maybe in a year or two? They're only about a foot high right now.

Were your raspberry plants little last year? I planted two starts from my sister's yard about a month ago. I thought it would be YEARS till we see fruit, but maybe in a year or two? They're only about a foot high right now.
Last year they were sticks about a foot high, and this year we have an 8x8 patch 4 feet tall!!! It was crazy!

Cucumbers

Lost some tomato plants already. But mainly planted cherry and grape and they have all been producing a ton. Can't really do normal tomatoes cause the squirrels bite or take so many.

I feel bad for them cause in NYC they do not really put in big nut trees anymore so the majority of their food base has disappeared. Now they go after my garden especially large tomatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter