Favorite things to do at your resort...besides swimming!

We just did the Sangria University experience at Three Bridges while staying at GDT. Awesome event!
I was thinking of doing that next trip. You thought it was worth it then? I think my DH and I would enjoy that for sure.

I was thinking of doing that next trip. You thought it was worth it then? I think my DH and I would enjoy that for sure.
I did think it was worth it. The price was $59 / person -- you get to try four different sangrias (everyone gets their own flight) and end the experience by making your own. You also get your own plate of chips and guacamole. Heck yes! 5 drinks and our very own appetizer for that price (to us) is a great deal, especially when I think about the prices I pay for a small dish or a drink at an EPCOT festival.

There is a CM who explains each sangria as you try them. They also give you a lot of information on the history of sangria and how it was made popular in the states. Our CM was super funny and informative and really made the entire experience memorable.

On top of that, Three Bridges is just a great restaurant with an incredible location. We ate dinner there later that evening and thought the food and service was excellent.

At the end of a park day we love getting a couple of drinks in the Belle Vue Lounge and sitting outside (if not to hot) and people watching Or sitting in the lounge if it is too hot. We’ve struck up many conversations with other people there as the setting really sets up that interaction. After the Belle Vue we head to our balcony in the BWV for a final cocktail and more people watching.

There was a fun run at POFQ. I dont know if it is back though. I ran it with my oldest son back in 2018 and had hoped to do it with both boys last year but Port Orleans hadn't reopened.

We also enjoy the carriage rides as a family at POR and the fishing hole.

I'm a smoker, so I park myself in the smoking section with a drink and strike up conversations with people. They're usually short since most people just want to take 5 minutes and get back to what they were doing or where they're going.

Our three generations stayed at AOA in January and we really enjoyed the marshmallow roast in the Lion King area on arrival evening. We followed up with a walk to explore all the large set pieces in the Cars and Nemo sections and became familiar with the pool areas and the route to the Skyliner. Time well spent and lots of fun photos.

WL: Dinner at Geyser Point then roasting s’mores with kids. Sitting in the chairs on the water and waiting for the electric water parade

BC/YC: Sitting on the swings on the beach at night watching everyone return to the resorts

Looking at going to Sangria University and wondered if it’s worth giving up 2 plus hours of not being at a park. Our time is limited

I’ve been wanting to do Sangria U and always forget to book.

Coronado is our favorite resort. We love having a drink in the Barcelona Lounge, or watching the fireworks from the top of the Tower. Also love a night swim.

Thanks!
A couple more questions…
Do you actually make sangria or just learn about it?
And was there an appetizer?
We each had our own serving of chips and guac. You start with 4 sangria samples. They take you through the history of sangria and share some unique facts. You end by making your own. You get to choose your liquor and other mix-ins. For four samples and my own plus an appetizer, I thought the price point was good and the experience was fun.

Others have mentioned some of these already, but here are some of my favorites:

1. Sitting at Geyser Point at WL, enjoying the food and, especially, the view.
2. Sitting outside the Polynesian with a drink listening to the calypso music.
3. Walking around the various viewing spots at AKL, which I'll be doing a lot next week!
4. Sitting on the porch of the BWI with a good book and taking all of the area in.
5. Walking around the Port Orleans Resort, especially in the morning.
6. Shopping at the Contemporary.
7. Boat rides to anywhere from the Wilderness Lodge.

At Riviera they have a very nice lawn games area, Bocce, corn hole etc. We like to get a gelato from the pool and hang out there playing family games.

We also pretty much never see the fireworks in the parks any more. Wayyy too crowded and our autistic kiddo can’t handle it, and dessert parties to avoid crowds are not affordable. We like to watch fireworks from the resort so choose resorts that have them or book an ADR at a fireworks resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter