• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite toddler toys!

maslex

DIS Veteran
So I have 3 grandchildren that just turned 2 yrs old.

I'd like to start building up a toy box at my house so they have stuff to keep them occupied while visiting. Right now it's a lot of baby type toys. I'm looking to replace those with more toddler ages toys. I already have the duplo blocks. What are you favorites? Preferably ones that don't have a lot of pieces lol.

Last edited:
100 First Words by Priddy Books!!

Also, if you have space...a Pikler triangle. They're amazing and my almost 6 yo still uses his. Some can fold up easily!

My almost 2 year old is obsessed with all things trains and cars. He absolutely loves the trains that are held together with magnets.

Fisher Price Little People, and if you have the room for it, a play kitchen. I see them often on neighborhood facebook pages for free - $20.
I actually bought my twin granddaughters the big play kitchen from Fisher Price for Christmas. Can't wait for them to play with it!!!

I babysit my friend's toddler. One thing I've found is that even though I don't have a play kitchen he loves using my mini kitchen tools, smallest frying pan (i have one that's only big enough for just one egg), pot, and some tupperware. He uses all kind of things to mimic food and loves to "cook" things for me.

Last edited:
Early art supplies - the big "egg" crayons and paper

Small dolls or toy animals (not choking-hazzard small, but the kind they can hold in one hand)

Plain old wooden blocks

Little People sets. Mine loved them. I still have some in the garage waiting for a yard sale.
Melissa and Doug have great things too.
Duplos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter