• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite vegetarian meals/dining (for teen)

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
I’m looking for your favorite vegetarian dining experiences. My 14yo is a vegetarian and I’m looking for recommendations for sit down restaurants. She does not care for tofu, which she’s had at a few places (Skippers Canteen being one). The girl could subsist on fries, beans, rice, and the occasional veg side dish, and has our last few trips, but it’s time to branch out. Thanks!

In park order, here are some choices: :)

MK-
Not necessarily a healthy choice, but I love the waffles at Sleepy Hollow.
Columbia Harbor House (when it is open) has veg chili and the lighthouse sandwich - hummus and broccoli slaw.
Casey's for veggie hot dogs.
Pecos Bill changes the offerings here and there but they have veg fajitas or tacos or something along those lines.

Epcot -
Brie sandwich at Les Halles plus a bunch of pastry choices, cheeses and baguette
Empanadas and plantains at Cantina de San Angel
There are always veg options at Sunshine Seasons
Vegetarian menu at San Angel Inn
Veg sushi and tempura at Tokyo Dining
Hummus fries and crispy cauliflower at Spice Road
Pizzas! at Via Napoli

Animal Kingdom -
Veg sausage at Flame Tree
Tofu bowls at Satuli Canteen
Impossible sliders, kids falafel, breads and dips at Nomad Lounge
Lots of choices at Yak & Yeti!

Hollywood Studios -
Kefta at Docking Bay 7
Plant based totchos at Woody's lunch box
Curry rice bowl at ABC Commissary

Also - dole whips at Poly and Adventureland in MK, gelato in Italy at Epcot and ice cream sundaes at Beaches n Cream.

I don’t know if it has changed but the French onion soup at Be Our Guest used to be vegetarian and as part of the pre-fixe meal there was an entree as well.

I will preface this by saying I am neither a teen nor a vegetarian :rolleyes1 but Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) would be one of my top picks for table service. The bread service alone could be a meal but they also have potato and pea samosas as well as a quinoa salad (at lunch; different veg option at dinner that I haven't tried) that are very good. I prefer lunch there as you have the potential to see animals out on the savanna. In the Animal Kingdom park, Nomad Lounge also has a bread service as well as some Impossible sliders with yucca fries. Pizza isn't terribly exciting but the margherita pizza at Via Napoli (EPCOT) is very good.

Also, while a Quick Service spot, I love the kefta at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge (Hollywood Studios). It's also a very cool, well-themed, unique atmosphere ... particularly if a Star Wars fan. Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread: Plant-based Meatballs, Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, Pita

Thanks for the suggestions! We've eaten at many of the places listed, some were better than others. The French onion soup at Chefs de France was a hit for her, too bad BOG is no longer ala cart otherwise she'd try that. The samosa at Sanna, yum.

Ronto Roasters also has new vegetarian sandwiches that the bloggers mostly seem to like. And Le Cellier apparently has a veggie poutine dish that's really good, as well as a veggie dumpling type dish.

Ronto Roasters also has new vegetarian sandwiches that the bloggers mostly seem to like. And Le Cellier apparently has a veggie poutine dish that's really good, as well as a veggie dumpling type dish.

VEGGIE POUTINE!!? I love vegetarian poutine. We live in Connecticut and have been waiting for the Canadian border to open so we can get to Quebec for a fix. I have never even considered Le Cellier before now. You absolutely have my attention. Checking that out right now!!

VEGGIE POUTINE!!? I love vegetarian poutine. We live in Connecticut and have been waiting for the Canadian border to open so we can get to Quebec for a fix. I have never even considered Le Cellier before now. You absolutely have my attention. Checking that out right now!!

All the reviews I’ve read of the poutine have been so positive that I’m thinking of changing up my plans to go there too! Here’s one of the reviews that mentions it from April. https://vegandisneyfood.com/whats-vegan-at-le-cellier-in-epcots-canada-pavilion/

I had my eye on those Brussels sprouts, too, once I peaked at the menu. Wow. That all looks so incredible! I am absolutely going to stalk for a reservation now. We have never bothered with Le Cellier because I have been vegetarian for 30 years and they really didn't cater to non-meat eaters. I have heard about that blasted cheese soup forever and it seems such a slap in the face that it isn't vegetarian! :) Now it seems like a perfect spot. I hope a spot opens up as our dates approach. So glad you mentioned it on this thread, Chaitali! And thanks for sharing that review.

I eat mostly vegetarian, but I am not picky at all. Here are my favorites:
San Angel Inn and La Hacienda, California Grill, Three Bridges, Spice Road Table, and Polite Pig (sides!!!).

For our upcoming trip, I’m excited to try Trattoria al Forno’s breakfast and Tiffins. Both menus look great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter