Favorite water bottles for park

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
Which water bottles have you found to be the most leakproof and lightweight to take in the parks.

We like camelbaks. We got the small ones for our kids too. Such a lifesaver. We have found that our family does better in the heat and chaos when we're all hydrated. You can dump a cup of ice water in them and it keeps it cold for quite a while.

We have the Nalgene ones with the sippy spouts for the kids. They don't leak, and don't tend to sweat too bad.

We took cheap SS water bottles with a wide mouth and filled them with free ice water. I kept one that had a spout in my backpack (outside pouch) and another on the stroller using a carabineer clip.

Didn't leave anything in or on the stroller that I didn't want to loose.

Vapur, I love the fact that they don't take up the space and aren't clunky. I haven't had any issues with leaks either.

We have Bobbles, they're great to fly with too because we can take them through security empty and fill them up with water from a restaurant. We've used them at DL, this is our 1st WDW trip.

We use contigo with the clip on the side. The opening is large enough for ice cubes and they keep the water cold. Downside, they hold a lot of water and it can get heavy.

I also bring little single serving water flavoring like lemonade or some light flavors.

Brita filtered squeeze bottles. We got ours in a two-pack on Amazon, but they sell them at Target too. They are great for travel, like PP said, bring them empty through security if you're flying, fill them up at a fountain afterwards.

We took cheap SS water bottles with a wide mouth and filled them with free ice water. I kept one that had a spout in my backpack (outside pouch) and another on the stroller using a carabineer clip.

Didn't leave anything in or on the stroller that I didn't want to loose.

Yup, Stainless Steel here too. I try to avoid plastic when I can, and the stainless were lightweight when empty.

I got a filtered squeeze water bottle too. I believe it was Rubbermaid but maybe it was Brita? I'm really picky on my water (we have well water at home and city water tastes like chlorine to me) so it was nice because it took some of that taste out of it.

I second the CamelBak, only I have a backpack style one that I use, so it's not technically a water bottle. But it's hands free and I don't have to stop and dig it out when I want a sip. I find that I drink more water during the day when it's more convenient like that.

I used a small Nalgene wide mouth (easy to use at the soda fountains or to pour a cup of ice water into). About 14 oz.

http://www.amazon.com/Nalgene-Trita...95178077&sr=1-5&keywords=nalgene+bottle+green

On Amazon I bought something similar to this in bright Disboard green:

http://www.amazon.com/Intrepid-International-Neoprene-Bottle-Carrier/dp/B008OLSMNE

Hooked it to my belt loop everyday and it was great. Small enough no to be heavy when full but held enough so that I didn't have to refill constantly. Also the neoprene kept it cooler longer and kept the sweating down to a minimum and off my hands and clothes.

I'd go by the ice machine or the food court in the morning and fill it with ice. During the day I'd go by and refill at the CS locations.

I sometimes added a little envelope of lemon juice, but mostly just stuck to plain water. I washed it out at the mug stations or in my room with a piece of disposable washcloth I had in a ziplock.

Before this year I used one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Carabiner-Bot...1-1&keywords=carabiner+clip+for+water+bottles

I was not as fond of these mostly because the typical water bottle is hard to refill from a drink station or cup of water, plus they sweat.

At home I use a different bottle but this one worked great in the parks.

They aren't as light as others but my kids took the double insulated thermos which is what they use at school. I want to say they are 24 oz. I filled them up with ice, added bottled water, added more ice as it melted added water and even in the hot August sun they still had ice in their water bottle post mid day nap when I filled them up again.

Dh and I had the double insulated plastic ones we use for our bikes and while it kept the water cold for an hour or so after that it start led to get warmer.

So when we go again in 4 years I will get dh and I the thermos. Actually we are headed to FL in 3 weeks and I need to get them by then.

For those using stainless steel....Maybe I've only bought bad ones, but the water gets warm quickly and they sweat in the ones I've bought...Do you have this issue as well?

For those using stainless steel....Maybe I've only bought bad ones, but the water gets warm quickly and they sweat in the ones I've bought...Do you have this issue as well?

We have the thermos double insulated ones. They say keep cold beverages cold for 12 ish hours or something like that on the tag.

I have had the cheap stainless that dine keep things cold and sweat but those aren't double insulated.

We went In August and I filled the water bottles at 6:30-7am and when I went to refill them at 4:30ish there was still ice in them.

They aren't as light as others but my kids took the double insulated thermos which is what they use at school. I want to say they are 24 oz. I filled them up with ice, added bottled water, added more ice as it melted added water and even in the hot August sun they still had ice in their water bottle post mid day nap when I filled them up again.

Dh and I had the double insulated plastic ones we use for our bikes and while it kept the water cold for an hour or so after that it start led to get warmer.

So when we go again in 4 years I will get dh and I the thermos. Actually we are headed to FL in 3 weeks and I need to get them by then.

We also love the Thermos's that DD uses for school. Keeps the ice all day in the park.

Thermos brand stainless steel, keeps drinks cold for hours and they don't leak! Love them! They have kids and adult ones!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter