Favorite wdw 5k

smec73

Mouseketeer
What's your favorite wdw 5k to run with your family? My girls are currently 10 and 6. I've done the phm twice, but my kids did not come with me. So, I wouldn't mind a different weekend. My dh would most likely not be running due to really bad knees. Thanks!

Hi there,

Good question! Can't answer it yet, but I'm thinking that since it's you and your girls, perhaps the Princess 5k might be fun. I'm hoping to snag a bib for the Princess 10k next February. I have read wonderful reviews about the Princess weekend on-line and can't wait to give it a try.

My kids and I are trying the Virtual Shorts 5ks this summer to see if they like the idea of running. If they do, I'll definitely be looking into the options for our family to run a 5k at WDW in the future. I'm looking forward to hearing some of the other Dis pals chime in with their opinions.

Have a happy day!

3 of the 4 routes are exactly the same (January WDW Marathon Weekend, Princess, Star Wars Dark Side). We don't know the route for Wine & Dine's 5K yet, but I assume it'll also be the same - through Epcot.

A few things to think about...
- The January 5K is on a Thursday, while the others are on a Friday
- Does any month of the year work best for you (January - bigger weekend with 4 big races going on, February, April - spring break crowds and very warm weather, November - Food & Wine Festival/Veteran's Day weekend)?
- Theme - they are re-theming the Wine & Dine 5K so we don't know what characters will be out. January would normally be more classic characters (Pluto will be the finisher medal and shirt), Princess would likely be characters from Princess movies, Dark Side would be Star Wars characters
- Similarly, theme will also dictate what the participant shirts and finisher medals look like

My favorite was the Wine and Dine 5k but with it being re-themed I don't know what the course will be and could change my opinion. Last year it ran through Animal Kingdom and was a much better course than the Epcot 5k course the rest of the races have. From what I remember the character meet and greets were almost the same during W&D and Princess. Star Wars had really long lines and we started in corral B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter