Favourite Ride and Why?

My favorite in DL is Indiana Jones. I had no idea what to expect on my first trip and was totally blown away by how fun it was! My favorite in DCA is California Screaming.

My favorite ride has to be Splash Mountain. It is either down or too cold when I go, so this year I am hoping to ride it. I sure do miss it!

Splash Mountain for me as well. I've always loved it, but grew a deep fondness during the last trip with my DH. DH got LASIK a few years ago (his glasses were always his excuse for not going on thrill rides, but we both knew it was because he was too scared). Our last trip in 2016 I joked that he finally had to join me, to my surprise he said yes! As we were getting ready to do the big drop he kept saying "why did I do this?!" Afterward he looked at me with the biggest smile and said "let's ride it again!" We must have went on about 6 times after (it was night and no wait). I felt like a kid again. It was so fun!

I have a few favorites... POC reminds me of my parents when they used to take me to Disneyland when I was a child. I like Matterhorn for the speed.

A chunk of my adult career has been in film and special/visual effects and I refuse to read a boom or article on the Haunted Mansion. I can figure on how most, maybe all, of the FX are done, I just don't want to see the evidence.

DL side.. pirates ! something about it i just LOVE

CA side.. Radiator racers !! so much fun ... a close second would be toy story midway mania :)

How to choose just one?

So in Disneyland, it has to be between Pirates and Splash Mt. with Big Thunder right behind. Pirates because it is awesome (and much better then in the World) and splash because great story with the anticipation of the big drop.

In DCA I have to say Tomaters Junkyard Jamboree. Went on this ride with DD when she was 3 1/2 like 5 times in a row (less then 5 minute wait) and had a blast. She laughed like a loon the whole time. The memories alone make it a favorite.

DCA is RSR hands down for us. There are many good rides, but this one is by far and away #1 for us. We try to ride once during the day and get a FP for when the sun has gone down.

DL is tougher. I think Indy just beats out Space Mountain for me. All the details in the lineup and the pre-show put it over the top.

I really enjoy Alice in Wonderland. I love its bright colors, and my absolute favorite is when you pop outside on the zig-zag track!

There's no way I can pick one ride...ha! My favorites in no real order = Casey Jr., Mr. Toad's, Alice, Big Thunder, Indiana Jones.

Overall, I'd have to say Mr. Toad. We rode it as kids at DW (the first Disney park we ever visited). It has a special place in our memories and every time I ride it at DL, I recall that time. We talked about it for a long time after we returned. Of course I love Pirates, HM, IJ, etc.

Can't wait to to try Mr Toad , snow white and Alice as these aren't at Disney World and I tend to love the dark rides.

I guess "everything" isn't an acceptable answer? Neither is listing off 10 rides I love equally and have to ride every trip, so if I was given Sophie's Choice I would say Indiana Jones. Total immersion from the second you approach the entrance to the queue, until you step back out into Adventureland. And one of the best soundtracks! When you hit the bridge and look to the left and see the skull cavern and it's all "AHHHH AH AH, AHHHH AH AH" so awesome! And don't get bitten by the snake! And duck when the poison darts are shooting at you! Is that a boulder?!?!? Look out!!! Why did it have to be tourists?

Splash Mt is the best! It has a fantastic story (that I wish they'd release on BluRay), the queue has a bunch of movie stuff to get you in the mood, and then there's the thrill of the drop. Actually, it has several fun drops before the big one at the end. And the biggest plus: after all the queue, story, and thrill is over, you get the fantastic Zip-a-dee-doo-dah sequence. I have often gone into DL and just rode this 3-4 straight times. The kids beg to go on it at least twice in a row.

DL - Indiana Jones
DCA - Radiator Springs
They both give me the feeling of actually being in the movie/experience.

I completely agree with this!

I also have to add a completely different favorite: Storybook Canals. Nostalgic, quaint and so charming. It makes me feel like Walt is in the boat with us.

I love DLR so it's hard to choose... Indiana Jones has been at the top of my list since it opened. But then a few years ago, DS reached the point where he could do single rider lines and Matterhorn became a ride we can do repeatedly and it is amazing at night!

Over at DCA I used to do TT as many times as possible so I'm sad it is gone. Closing TT actually spurred me to plan our first trip to WDW.

I'm going with Splash Mountain. Always want to just hop and and hang out with the critters and wave at people going by. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter