Favourite unique cocktails?

WaterLinds

DIS Veteran
No one in our party is a big drinker (like we’re a few drinks a week people at most, even on vacation), and we aren’t doing a dining plan, so we don’t plan to order drinks with most meals. But there are so many interesting sounding mixed drinks on menus across WDW now that we’ll probably try a few for fun.

So what’s your favourite drink on property? Preference to the unique things it might be hard to find elsewhere, although my mother will be there for a good margarita too.

The margaritas inside Mexico at the tequila place are much better than those served at the CS places.

Tipsy Ducks in Love in China if you like coffee, chocolate, and bourbon. Delicious!

Martinis at Brown Derby Lounge.

No one in our party is a big drinker (like we’re a few drinks a week people at most, even on vacation), and we aren’t doing a dining plan, so we don’t plan to order drinks with most meals. But there are so many interesting sounding mixed drinks on menus across WDW now that we’ll probably try a few for fun.

So what’s your favourite drink on property? Preference to the unique things it might be hard to find elsewhere, although my mother will be there for a good margarita too.
Hand-made margarita from 50's Prime Time Lounge to-go.

I am often enamored by cocktail menus, and in no particular order:
a.) Art Smith's Homecomin' has a large selection of whisky (whiskey) available. Had a 'Julep' that substituted basil for the typical mint.
b.) Also in Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar has both great ambiance & cocktails.
c.) BlueZoo has 2-drinks that come with drama: 1.) Burnt Orange arrives on-fire, and 2.) Smokin' Sangria arrives, well, smoking (from dry ice).
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/bluezoo-lounge.pdf
d.) Trader Sam's uses fabulous glassware. I'll offer a review with photos from EasyWDW:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...-grotto-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

But every vacation, I get at least one margarita to-go from Prime Time.

That would likely happen to me too! From what I gather it’s such a great spot, I’m sure we’ll be happy with whatever we choose. :)
I remember my friend ordered their version of a sazerac and was very pleased. Did you notice that I could remember her drink but not my own????? I think it is because I liked saying "Sazerac" LOL!

We stopped at several lounges but Nomads was by far our favorite. We did start our afternoon in Tiffins for lunch and needed the day on the Nomad's veranda. If you like red wine, the Chacalaca (sp) is delicious.

i've only been on 1 disney trip where i was 21, and most of what i drank was from the food & wine booths, but the frozen strawberry margarita from Mexico was yummy! also tried my mom's grey goose citron slush and liked that better than my grand marnier slush

Godiva chocolate martini at Boma. Had it for dessert, and was so glad I did.
I had never had one before, or since, but they are easy to make. You can google the recipe.

So many fun cocktails, so little time!
-Cool Headed Monkey at Jock Lindsay’s
-Second the Lapu Lapu
-Specialty margaritas at La Cava— I like the jalapeño margarita
-The Hippopotomaitai at Trader Sam’s is my all time favorite

Cheers!

You cannot go wrong with anything at Nomads. Hands down best drinks and bar atmosphere on property. My favorite is the Annapurna Zing, but I've also enjoyed the Jenn's Tattoo, and Hightower Rocks. My husband loves the Tempting Tigress, which is bourbon based. Basically they have something to please everyone, including lots of non-alcoholic options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter