FE Condolences

professorandmom

My favorite girls!
I just wanted to take a moment and express my condolences to the FE participants of the near future who have been diligently rounding up nips/mini bottles of various varieties for delicious and generous FE gifts...I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel...
Your hard work has not gone unnoticed...I apologize that DCL changed its policy mid-FE prep...

on my Fantasy cruise in June we gifted each dad a 12oz can of craft beer from a local brewery. Those 11 beers would have meant I couldn't carry any on for my husband.

I feel sorry for them also! I would have been crushed if I couldn't have gifted those craft beers. We did "A Taste of Birmingham" and included the can of beer, a bag of cookies that are produced locally and a bottle of dipping sauce from a very well known local BBQ place. I personally LOVED all the mini bottles we received as our gifts.

I had planned on gifting small bottles of champagne for the couples celebrating honeymoons/anniversaries. I had already started on personalizing the glasses so at least I'm not out of a ton of time and money. It was also in addition to their FE gift so I'm not scrambling to come up with something else.

If I read correctly, you are still allowed to bring your own wine and beer, just no hard liquor?

If I read correctly, you are still allowed to bring your own wine and beer, just no hard liquor?
You may bring onboard 2 bottles of wine or champagne (750ml) each OR 6 cans of beer (12 oz) each. And you may bring then aboard at the embarkation and from the ports-of-call. And no hard liquor.

I had actually just starting to look at designing a label for little rum bottles for pirates night - hadn't actually bought anything yet though. On to other ideas now...

OR 6 cans of beer

or 6 cans of beer

Sorry for the thread drift, but here is what is on DCL's webpage:
Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle. Please note:

• These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
  • Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed, and no compensation will be offered.
  • Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Are beers restricted to cans only? If wine can be brought on in bottles, wouldn't it be OK to bring on bottles of beer as well? I ask because people who want to bring on craft beers are far more likely to do so if they are in bottles as opposed to cans. Is there some sort of supplementary policy that limits beers to the canned variety? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Sorry for the thread drift, but here is what is on DCL's webpage:

Are beers restricted to cans only? If wine can be brought on in bottles, wouldn't it be OK to bring on bottles of beer as well? I ask because people who want to bring on craft beers are far more likely to do so if they are in bottles as opposed to cans. Is there some sort of supplementary policy that limits beers to the canned variety? I couldn't find it. Thanks.
Good catch. Since it doesn't specify "cans", I thinking bottles are also acceptable, as long as they are no bigger than 12 oz.

And then, maybe, they'll do as Carnival has and ban any bottles (of anything). They only allow cans and boxes now.

This I would love. My NCL, RCCL and CCL cruises all have various drink packages for purchase. I would happily pay for a drink package on DCL (for all drinks not just beer and wine) and be done with bringing on my alcohol or as some will want to do beginning October smuggle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter